Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Gov, Cameron....
Except they didn't head back. They headed forward :)

We don't recruit many wa guys so too small a sample size.

The whole go home thing (considering where they were drafted from) I'm not sure is backed up by statistics. E.g. Vic metro more likely to go back to Vic. I haven't done the analysis but no one has yet to shown that this is a thing using stats. I'll give it a go one day.

Except they didn't head back. They headed forward :)

We don't recruit many wa guys so too small a sample size.

The whole go home thing (considering where they were drafted from) I'm not sure is backed up by statistics. E.g. Vic metro more likely to go back to Vic. I haven't done the analysis but no one has yet to shown that this is a thing using stats. I'll give it a go one day.
Is there a reason why we don't I wonder.

Time to start supporting Carlton and Freo to cause upsets this weekend. GWS percentage taken a big hit against the saints, could get that pick even lower yet.

Update: Freo probably doesn't matter because of points deficit right? I don't know how all that bit works.
Only way we improve on pick 8 now, is if BOTH Freo and Carl win ......if one loses we still retain #8

Be intresting to see if Cameron survives,
Interesting with the 6 month get out clause in some Coaches Contracts ......confident Cameron survives for 2021, but the heat will be on

Personally he's had enough time ......he's not a good Coach

What is the feeling if we end up with pick 7 in trying to add another pick to that to move up the order and then hold b crouch. Thinking if we could move it from say 7 to 4 by adding in one of our 2nds (maybe pick 20) that we can then still get hollands and thilthorpe?

I was under the impression Freo’s pick will push back past GWS pick due to points deficit
Correct .....Freo's 265 point deficit pushes us to have pick 8 on the current ladder position

Freo winning doesn't help us, we still retain pick 8 .....Carlton winning against Brisbane, whilst an improbability would give us pick 7 .....as long as Freo lose against the Bulldogs

1600474992542.png

Correct .....Freo's 265 point deficit pushes us to have pick 8 on the current ladder position

Freo winning doesn't help us, we still retain pick 8 .....Carlton winning against Brisbane, whilst an improbability would give us pick 7 .....as long as Freo lose against the Bulldogs

View attachment 964986

You need to wait until FA is over. A few player may impact those positions. eg Daniher, Merrit.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 964986
If both Carlton (by a not too small margin) and Freo win, they climb over GWS anyway and we get pick 7. 🙂

the pick 8 (or do you mean 9 because of crouch) will probably get traded into next year so we still don’t get to unwrap the stocker present
I can't see a scenario where we trade that pick. We wouldn't get value for it - no one is aggressively trading out of next year, except maybe Collingwood because of Daicos, I guess?

I can't see a scenario where we trade that pick. We wouldn't get value for it - no one is aggressively trading out of next year, except maybe Collingwood because of Daicos, I guess?

How do you know someone isn't trading out of next year for a top 8 pick?

Gold Coast traded a top 11 pick for pick 27 last year! Carlton traded out what could have been pick 1. Anything is still possible.

Gold Coast traded a top 11 pick for pick 27 last year! Carlton traded out what could have been pick 1. Anything is still possible.
I think it will depend on whether there's a player that a club really rates live at the draft.

Can't see 2021 first rounders being traded easily during the trade period outside of trades for players

Brayden Cook (2020) turning it on for the Panthers in the 1st half with 3 goals and teammate midfielder Matty Roberts another gun for the 2021 draft on fire with 21 disposals and 2 goals,,,,don't be thinking Jason Horne is the only SA elite mid for 2021...Roberts is pretty handy too. And Arlo Draper another Panther mid for 2021 isn't too shabby either.

the pick 8 (or do you mean 9 because of crouch) will probably get traded into next year so we still don’t get to unwrap the stocker present
No it won’t. There is no way clubs are trading out 2021 first round picks for 2020 first round picks, unless it’s a ridiculously favourable deal like pick 9 plus AFC 2021 2nd rounder for West Coast 2021 1st rounder.

Gold Coast new that pick 11 was at risk of being pulled should they finish high up. AFL always reserved the right to amend the concessions.

Brayden Cook (2020) turning it on for the Panthers in the 1st half with 3 goals and teammate midfielder Matty Roberts another gun for the 2021 draft on fire with 21 disposals and 2 goals,,,,don't be thinking Jason Horne is the only SA elite mid for 2021...Roberts is pretty handy too. And Arlo Draper another Panther mid for 2021 isn't too shabby either.

Looks a likely type Cook. How is his kicking because he’s had some inconsistent issue last kicking at goal. Would he be second or third rounder?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So fox sports seem to be pushing the angle of taking Hately in the PSD. No doubt that is pure speculation, but interesting that the stance isn’t “Adelaide better not even think about trying that...

Wonder if that will genuinely be considered by either/both club if they sit down to do a trade for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back