Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Yeah. I’m not in favour of burning bridges. There is a couple of unknowns. Reid might be slightly under the pump. Would he be secure? If he’s not going to be there next year, then it’s not his problem anymore.

The other thing is this Binuk fellow. No idea what his job is but from a pure numbers point of view it’s a no brainer. I’m not saying he would be only thinking like a numbers man, but I really haven’t heard much about him other than he seems to make good pick trades.

Maybe we take the Carlton approach. It’s the only time we’ve actually been in position to do it so there is no precedent really.

Make no mistake, Binuk is just as important as Reid and Hamish in terms of what he brings to the table. We are starting to see the fruits of his labour, and I have no doubt his expertise will have us sitting in a strong draft position heading into 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Make no mistake, Binuk is just as important as Reid and Hamish in terms of what he brings to the table. We are starting to see the fruits of his labour, and I have no doubt his expertise will have us sitting in a strong draft position heading into 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what does he do actually 😂😂... I’m being serious. I thought he was an NFL style draft numbers guy.. no?

We have a very good trading relationship with GWS for the last few years so if we have pick 20 and 21, good strategy to offer them pick 21.
We offer them the western bulldogs pick..

Hopefully with their counter offer they then ask for pick 20.. we then counter offer with pick 21 (Atkins pick)..

So we look like we are negotiating fairly by moving numerous picks towards them (from the WB pick to 21) and they will feel as if they have won because they have only been pushed 1 spot back (20 to 21).

When in reality we probably wouldve given up the pick 21 for him anyways.

If we offer them pick 21 first up they will counter offer and ask for their 1st rounder back!

Then finally.. in the end if all else fails and they arent happy with that then we can tell em we will simply grab him for nothing in the PSD..

I think with who they have OOC... the GWS lads are gonna have bigger fish to fry than Hately in the up and coming trade period.. all their concern and thus attention will be with Cameron, Williams, Perryman etc..

We have a very good trading relationship with GWS for the last few years so if we have pick 20 and 21, good strategy to offer them pick 21.
#21 is way too early ......#28 would be very generous for Hately TBH

Those start of R2 picks are very valuable & sort after

#21 is way too early ......#28 would be very generous for Hately TBH

Those start of R2 picks are very valuable & sort after
I disagree, not likely unless we get real fortunate to get a better player at that pick in this draft.....and almost certainly not one that's ready to contribute round 1 2021.

Start the car for mine. I’d pay more. But given the PSD angle, we really could get him for less.

Put it this way, how much do you think Carlton or Essendon would be giving up for him if he nominated them and they were bottom.
Yep.. in this compromised draft of unknowns due to Covid, fs/NGA pick and FA compos.. pick 21 will probably end up in the 30’s and who knows what will be available on draft day.

Pick 21 for Hately would be a great deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree, not likely unless we get real fortunate to get a better player at that pick in this draft.....and almost certainly not one that's ready to contribute round 1 2021.
I'll bookmark .....not in hell do we give that early a pick for Hately ......I'll stick to my opinion

Think you're overrating Hately TBH ......been a lot of players at GWS that have gone past Hately in selection preference this year .....Caldwell, Green, and Buckley all drafted after Hately, and picked in preference

He is not worth an early 2nd round pick

I'll bookmark .....not in hell do we give that early a pick for Hately ......I'll stick to my opinion

Think you're overrating Hately TBH ......been a lot of players at GWS that have gone past Hately in selection preference this year .....Caldwell, Green, and Buckley all drafted after Hately, and picked in preference

All right...

So we hold onto pick 21 (if we do end up getting it for Atkins compo mind you).

Pick 21 could possibly end up being around pick 28-30..

Who in that range would you currently pick over Jackson Hately if given the chance?.. give us a name..

All right...

Who in that range would you currently pick over Jackson Hately if given the chance?.. give us a name..
I've not looked too close at players in that range yet ......longway out still, but there'll be a few SA boys

Poulter, Baldwin, even Mutineer 's Sth Adelaide boy

All right...

Bulldogs might also like 20 and 21 for their first rounder. Hately might still be better than that kid, but I wouldn't mind both.

For starters Caldwell was pick 11 in the same draft Jackson Hately was taken at pick 14.

And pick 28 even as it stands now is not early 2nd round by the way.

Tom Green ( 19 years 7 months) is actually only 3 months younger than Jackson Hately ( 19 years 10 months) and Jack Buckley is actually 3 years older than Hately at 22 years 9 months.

Hately vs Buckley career comparison

Hately vs Caldwell career comparison

Hately vs Tom Green career comparison

Last edited:
Bulldogs might also like 20 and 21 for their first rounder. Hately might still be better than that kid, but I wouldn't mind both.
Stuff the dogs, I'd be looking at Melbourne's pick which north hold for it. I suspect North will want to split the pick due to their recent delistings

what does he do actually 😂😂... I’m being serious. I thought he was an NFL style draft numbers guy.. no?
A key aspect of this position is to take a leadership role in the digital transformation of the Adelaide Crows Football Department.

Key Responsibilities:
• Implement technological changes (such as the introduction of R Shiny Apps, the use of predictive modelling and Tableau) to assist in the decision-making process across list management, football analysis, sports science and coaching
• Develop and continually refine models that can assist in player evaluations and projections
• Communicate the findings of the analytics team to non-technical stakeholders
• Establish processes that combine the subjective opinions of subject matter experts with sophisticated data models
• Work closely with the List Manager, Justin Reid, to formulate the list management strategy, which incorporates drafting, trading, contract negotiation and salary cap management
• Negotiate with player managers on the value of player contracts. Negotiate with other teams on trade deals
• Manage a team of data scientists
• Work on commercial projects such as membership package pricing, ticket pricing and investment evaluations

All right...

Huh? How figure?

there are four F/S and NGA names that consistently come up in top 20 discussion: JUH, Campbell, Jones and McInness

Stuff the dogs, I'd be looking at Melbourne's pick which north hold for it. I suspect North will want to split the pick due to their recent delistings

I actually think this is the year to have multiple picks in the first 20 because we will see genuine sliders due to the lack of AFL in 2020 and for their to be clear distinction of who should be placed where.

Its only September. The seedings of the Top 30 will change in two months time.

Wonder if he's are considering moving Harry Himmelberg
Only way we improve on pick 8 now, is if BOTH Freo and Carl win ......if one loses we still retain #8
Dogs are gonna be fired up to make finals now that Melbourne will be in the 8 in 30 mins. I can't see Freo beating the dogs.

Would prefer Caldwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back