Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
He said pick 21 is way too early, and you said "I disagree".
If that were the case, there'd be a pick coming back our way in exchange ....#28 is likely to blow out to 33+ with father/son & NGA's

Probably doesn't affect , as we can use a later pick for Edwards .....just need points
For starters Caldwell was pick 11 in the same draft Jackson Hately was taken at pick 14.

And pick 28 even as it stands now is not early 2nd round by the way.

Tom Green ( 19 years 7 months) is actually only 3 months younger than Jackson Hately ( 19 years 10 months) and Jack Buckley is actually 3 years older than Hately at 22 years 9 months.

Hately vs Buckley career comparison

Hately vs Caldwell career comparison

Hately vs Tom Green career comparison

Yet he’s a restricted free agent meaning he’s in the Giants top 25% of earners.

Bloody awful to hear about Hamish’s partner.
Yeah, top 25%.

Band 1 is top 5%.

There's a lot of difference there.

To be honest, I'm incredibly surprised he was even in the top dozen paid players at GWS. That was a massive overpay.

Bit early for him there IMO, others may think different but I personally think he's likely a mid draft onwards pick.
No Championships is a real bummer with players like Cook to see how they would measure up with the best of the best of their peers.

Interesting that you think 28 is a bit early for Cook; Twomey has him at 22.

I reckon he’ll go in the top 20.

I agree, but you said he’ll struggle to make band 3.
Band 3 is top 25% of paid players.

I think he'd struggle for that. I just can't see Nth Melbourne offering him $500k. You could get a bunch of different KPD for $275k.

I know he's in the top dozen at GWS, but there could also have been a scenario there where the first six to eight are getting paid much higher than average, and the 10th to 12th are getting less than normal. I find the fact that he could be in the 12 highest paid players on GWS's list to be borderline incompetent.

Anyway - he's not getting band 1 or 2. This was what I was replying to -

Plus Zac Williams, Crouch and Corr FA compo probably band 1 or 2.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

You honestly think they couldn’t be in our best 22. You’re kidding yourself
go through it put your team together and I don’t think they are. possibly himmelberg for lynch. hately definitely not. bring in a couple of draftees and I guarantee you neither are in the 22.

I feel we may trade our GWS pick and some 2nd rounders to move up, possible bombers who have very little and may want 2nd round picks to get a trade through.

Any thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don’t think Brad will get an offer that is big enough for Band 1 and Pick 2. Just my opinion though. Would be very happy to be wrong.
Then he probably stays put.

I think Crouch does stay put, and we pick at 1, 8 and maybe 13 (by trading for the WB pick). Those, plus Hately and the NGAs is a pretty good haul.
I'd actually be quite keen to see if we could tempt say Sydney to part with their pick 4 for our 8 and say 20 assuming we keep B Crouch. That way we can take say Hollands with pick 1 and are LIKELY to still have Thilthorpe on the board at 4 which would mean we get 2 super talents in, use pick 28 hopefully for Hately and maybe get lucky with the Atkins compo as an early 20's pick at band 3?. The rest of the picks for our academy and F/S

I'd actually be quite keen to see if we could tempt say Sydney to part with their pick 4 for our 8 and say 20 assuming we keep B Crouch. That way we can take say Hollands with pick 1 and are LIKELY to still have Thilthorpe on the board at 4 which would mean we get 2 super talents in, use pick 28 hopefully for Hately and maybe get lucky with the Atkins compo as an early 20's pick at band 3?. The rest of the picks for our academy and F/S

Sydney won’t trade down, they’ll be wanting a pick ahead of a bid for their NGA player.

Interesting that you think 28 is a bit early for Cook; Twomey has him at 22.

I reckon he’ll go in the top 20.
How do you reckon a lot of the NAB League lads that haven't been playing would go in the SA U18's....I've got some mail for you, they'd tear it up similarly.

you know that saying about opinions...you're entitled to your opinion.

Sydney won’t trade down, they’ll be wanting a pick ahead of a bid for their NGA player.
How are they going to get that..they are in all reality not going to have a choice especially if we make it known our first pick is likely to be a mid (not Campbell in particular - just a mid)- it will force them to set up a deal to trade down or out of the 1st round this year

Assuming we get band 3 for Atkins -

The logical thing would be 20 and 21 for WBs 13.
13 is worth 1212 points
20+21 is nearly 1800 points
21+28 is around 1550 points

So I'd offer them 21+28 for 13, plus mention that we probably won't bid on JUH at pick one (which saves them another 400 points or more).

How are they going to get that..they are in all reality not going to have a choice especially if we make it known our first pick is likely to be a mid (not Campbell in particular - just a mid)- it will force them to set up a deal to trade down or out of the 1st round this year

I think they stay pat with 4. Most draft experts have Campbell top 10 but not necessarily Top 4. They probably call teams bluffs and expect him to get past there first pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back