Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Interested on your take, if you had pick one who would you choose right now?
I like tilthorpe. But is he pick 1 material. I’m not sure he is. For me I’m more inclined to bring in gun mid Phillips myself personally. I would have taken Holland with pick one but acl killed that. Maybe perkinsford in mix as well as Poulter. All similar to Holland attacking goal kicking mids. We really need get band 1 compo for brad and find another early first rounder make life easier. Betting man though ant go past Phillips

So how do we get Rankine.

Elle talent, born game winner, makes grown men look just as silly as the boys he played in U18.

Just need to persuade him to agree to come home to us - all the rest (arranging trade) after that is the easy part (unless AFL intervenes)

Ha..i totally forgot the PSD....this year then IS the year to offer some big money to players we want that are out of contract..get tgeir manager to use the PSD as a threat and then offer unders to work a 'trade' so the other club does not lose the player for nothing. We should be going hard and need to be tough
Remind me how this works

So Andrew McGrath at Essendon is out of contract. We offer him stupid money and refuse to do a trade with Essendon. He falls out of contract, nominates for the PSD only (not the normal draft) and we pick him up for nix?

Remind me how this works

So Andrew McGrath at Essendon is out of contract. We offer him stupid money and refuse to do a trade with Essendon. He falls out of contract, nominates for the PSD only (not the normal draft) and we pick him up for nix?
Probably been done before, such as Carlton last year with Martin, but you can bet as soon as we attempt something like this we’d get done for tampering of some sort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of Contract player I am interested in for the PSD strategy:

• McGrath
  • De Goey
  • Perryman
  • Caldwell
  • Bailey Smith (lol, yeah right)

Time to start being ruthless.. lets chase these blokes and if their clubs dont want to play the game... PSD. We’ll have pick 1.

The *ers all hate us anyway..

This is the year we could get any uncontracted player with no trading of draft picks. We will have No1 in the preseason.
Covid list restrictions could make this the most interesting PSD in history as well (which admittedly is a low bar, but still)

It wouldn't surprise me to see a bunch of players with lots of good footy left in them hitting the PSD

Remind me how this works

Uncontracted players can nominate terms ($ and time) and enter the draft. Anyone can draft them but have to meet the nominated contract, not standard fixed terms for most draftees.

As long as nobody has an earlier pick than we, (hilarious), we could get them without having to trade.

Very rarely happens, and, aside from Nick Stevens, I can't think of anyone getting picked by a non-preferred club.

Uncontracted players can nominate terms ($ and time) and enter the draft. Anyone can draft them but have to meet the nominated contract, not standard fixed terms for most draftees.

As long as nobody has an earlier pick than we, (hilarious), we could get them without having to trade.

Very rarely happens, and, aside from Nick Stevens, I can't think of anyone getting picked by a non-preferred club.
With jack Martin last year Carlton had pick 3 and Melbourne had pick 2... apparently melbourne inquired with his manager who told them Jack wanted to go to Carlton so they didnt bother following it any further..

I think most of the time when a player says “im going to this club” most other clubs dont bother chasing them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back