Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to start being ruthless.. lets chase these blokes and if their clubs dont want to play the game... PSD. We’ll have pick 1.

The f***ers all hate us anyway..
I am all in on the next generation of Crows team to be the new 'unsociable' side like Hawthorn were. Everyone hates us anyway. Lets own it - play dirty and be a pack of campaigners.

Only because of Birchall's previous Hawks association with Chris Fagan just like Luke Hodge....Birchall is turning 33 before next season even starts.....likely going down the same path as Hodge re a coaching position at the Lions would be my assumption..

Yep, but seems they don’t rate Witherden etc as they wanted someone else - even if they should be retired in Birch’s case.

Only because of Birchall's previous Hawks association with Chris Fagan just like Luke Hodge....Birchall is turning 33 before next season even starts.....likely going down the same path as Hodge re a coaching position at the Lions would be my assumption..
You don't think they'd play Laird over Starcevich or Answerth? If they were in our situation maybe not, but I'd think if they could get Laird to the club he'd be in their starting 18 (price dependant of course)

If we do trade some of our players this year like MCrouch or Laird Id be pushing for clubs first rounders next year...not this year.

It will be hard to prise them out but the midfield talent looks great next year.

Im so keen on Jason Horne from the Panthers. Need to positon for next year IMO.
Agree, seems we have enough picks this year already when you include the FS/NGA. Next year's picks are the ones

Yep, but seems they don’t rate Witherden etc as they wanted someone else - even if they should be retired in Birch’s case.
Haha, I'd just about do a level swap Witherden for the 2019/20 version Laird.....so much better foot skills and a real possibility of playing some midfield in the future given that was the thinking of a lot of the recruiters before his untimely broken leg early in his draft year, certainly has the size for it.

You don't think they'd play Laird over Starcevich or Answerth? If they were in our situation maybe not, but I'd think if they could get Laird to the club he'd be in their starting 18 (price dependant of course)
Not sure I would given all have superior disposal to the 2019/20 version of Laird, Witherden especially was thought by most recruiters and draft watchers to have the best foot skills in his draft class.

Laird hasn't been fine and it's nothing to do with 6-6-6. Every possession he has he rushes, even when he doesn't have to. His kicking is ineffective and he turns the ball over too much.
I think he's been told to move the ball on quicker, as the amount he holds onto to it and looks left and right trying to work out what to do has been a big issue.

Rushing it has NOT been an issue the last two years.

If we do trade some of our players this year like MCrouch or Laird Id be pushing for clubs first rounders next year...not this year.

It will be hard to prise them out but the midfield talent looks great next year.

Im so keen on Jason Horne from the Panthers. Need to positon for next year IMO.
Assuming we lose a couple of free agents next year, you think we'd have three top 20 picks anyway.

No one will want to give us a pick next year, you wouldn't think. Our best chance might be for pick 20, traded during the draft itself.

I agree but they don’t as they brought Burchall in.
I actually did a google search thinking Fagan might even have coached Birchall when he coached the Tassie Mariners U18's in the then TAC Cup for a spell but it was a few years before Birchall would have been old enough.....then I found this haha...quite a bit of Tassie nepotism going on in Brisbane it seems with David Noble also a Tasweigian.

Assuming we lose a couple of free agents next year, you think we'd have three top 20 picks anyway.

No one will want to give us a pick next year, you wouldn't think. Our best chance might be for pick 20, traded during the draft itself.
Nah, every team (except AFC) thinks they are going to be better next year, so would rather trade a future than a current one...that said, this is a very different year!

Nah, every team (except AFC) thinks they are going to be better next year, so would rather trade a future than a current one...that said, this is a very different year!
Nup, disagree, next year's draft looks quite a bit superior to this one.

Time to start being ruthless.. lets chase these blokes and if their clubs dont want to play the game... PSD. We’ll have pick 1.

The f***ers all hate us anyway..
Just on this...

Can you imagine the look on Eddie McGuire‘s mug if De Goey went to the crows in the PSD for nothing..

Be an angrier/sad look than this..
16242CFF-6BDC-43A7-91A6-DC08FDD4463F.jpeg

I reacon Gill would lose his job... eddie would find a way to have him sacked for sure..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup, disagree, next year's draft looks quite a bit superior to this one.
I meant generally speaking, most teams think they will be better so prefer to trade out a future than a current pick...all things being equal that is.

e.g. Melb trading in a first from North for the cost of a first and second

Thilthorpe, it would have been Elijah Hollands before the ACL....I'm always wary of Melbourne city lads, especially the Private school lads.
Hypothetically, if Rowell did his knee half way through last year, would he have still gone 1? I know you were big on Anderson though

Was just up at my butcher(does great chicken snitzels btw). Told me Rankine may want to come home. I know he speaks to Roo who also shops there. Take it with a grain of salt but would get him in if any truth to it.

Was just up at my butcher(does great chicken snitzels btw). Told me Rankine may want to come home. I know he speaks to Roo who also shops there. Take it with a grain of salt but would get him in if any truth to it.

Peak Bigfooty. A rumour like that (even it does come from a local butcher) is what keeps me coming back to these boards. We can only hope the butcher knows his stuff.

Peak Bigfooty. A rumour like that (even it does come from a local butcher) is what keeps me coming back to these boards. We can only hope the butcher knows his stuff.
Yeah i found it amusing. Told him if he comes home it will be another recruit for Powaa.

There was a very small deluded part of me that hoped somehow Rankine's junior form wouldn't convert to the big time straight away and we could somehow lure him back home at some point.

That small deluded part of me died on the weekend.

Money talks, especially as there is much more opportunity post-football in Adelaide than Gold Coast.

There are a few paths we have, though unfortunately, the on-field opportunity is drying up a bit with Gold Coast being in a stronger position than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back