Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not great reading there. You have to wonder where the directive came from to avoid drafting mids with our first picks. Is that coming from the coaches or from the recruiting team?

It's not like we haven't drafted mids in that time. Milera should end up one but got dicked around all last season (and this season is effectively a write off for him due to injury), Gallucci should have been one, but got dicked around and now that achillies is the end of him.

Pretty much the common theme is our development of players has really fallen apart in the last two years as the club imploded.

s**t it can be so depressing reading through the posts. We really are in a s**t place at the moment. We have no true elite players, we dont have any player that creates any excitement, the young players that we have wont hang around, we cant attract any decent players, Roo said we dont have money in the salary cap, our senior management are s**t and we cant vote them off so we are stuck with them.

Surely we can find something to look forward to instead of all this negativity. We will finish bottom or we will get the 1st pick this year. We might lose Brouch or we could get pick 2 this year. With all the picks that we do have plus the FS (fingers crossed) and NGA this draft is going to be so bloody important. We cant stuff this draft up.

sh*t it can be so depressing reading through the posts. We really are in a sh*t place at the moment. We have no true elite players, we dont have any player that creates any excitement, the young players that we have wont hang around, we cant attract any decent players, Roo said we dont have money in the salary cap, our senior management are sh*t and we cant vote them off so we are stuck with them.

Surely we can find something to look forward to instead of all this negativity. We will finish bottom or we will get the 1st pick this year. We might lose Brouch or we could get pick 2 this year. With all the picks that we do have plus the FS (fingers crossed) and NGA this draft is going to be so bloody important. We cant stuff this draft up.
There’s certainly positives. I think we’ve drafted pretty well the past 2 years.

I’m particularly excited about Hamill and to a lesser extent McAsey. Jones and McHenry doing almost things. I think McAdam is also quite interesting.

If we can pick up Thilthorpe to partner Fogarty, and McAsey, then those 3 + McAdam could be very potent.

I’m really hopeful Hamill ends up in midfield with Jones, McHenry and fingers crossed Milera. Those and some new talent or trades to also bolster that midfield.

Tommy will hold the defence together and be our Captain.

There’s plenty to like about the bones we have there and the next 2 drafts should see more high end talent

You're deluding yourself into the future disappointment corner.

Most likely no one wants him enough for band 1 compo. We match a band 2 offer and try to sell it as a retention success, cultural corner turning moment etc.

If he doesnt get offered $700k or more will he even bother leaving Adelaide?.. and under 700k and the crows will match it and either he stays or they force a trade.

Theres no delusion at all.. there is a calculation.

You are chosing to ignore this and all the basic facts surrounding it and instead go with some “gut feel” about what gonna happen.

These clubs couldnt give a toss about what a us supporters “feel” about what a player is or isnt worth..

If he doesnt get offered $700k or more will he even bother leaving Adelaide?.. and under 700k and the crows will match it and either he stays or they force a trade.

Theres no delusion at all.. there is a calculation.

You are chosing to ignore this and all the basic facts surrounding it and instead go with some “gut feel” about what gonna happen.

These clubs couldnt give a toss about what a us supporters “feel” about what a player is or isnt worth..
Wait on, you're the one with the 'gut feel' that Crouch will be offered 700-800k by clubs that can't see he is poo the way we can.

Like I said, odds on only 1 club values him that highly and it's us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we please stick to the topic of discussing possible draft choices (ie players ) rather than PlayStation trades. There is another thread devoted to that (2020 list management thread started by Mego Red ).

Can we stop calling every trade that's dfiscussed a Playstation trade?

You sound like such a boomer.

1594681200394.jpeg

Last edited:
Knowing us we like to be “fair” we’ll over pay for someone that we could get for free in the PD
Ha..i totally forgot the PSD....this year then IS the year to offer some big money to players we want that are out of contract..get tgeir manager to use the PSD as a threat and then offer unders to work a 'trade' so the other club does not lose the player for nothing. We should be going hard and need to be tough

Considering we got two firsts for worse Tom Doedee and McHenry + McAdam for McGovern, then I'd say yes
Dangerfield (RFA) + Kerridge -> Milera + Menzel

Thankfully we have moved David Noble out of that role. He didn't win too many trades.

Maybe Seedsman for pick 32 was some of his best work

Ha..i totally forgot the PSD....this year then IS the year to offer some big money to players we want that are out of contract..get tgeir manager to use the PSD as a threat and then offer unders to work a 'trade' so the other club does not lose the player for nothing. We should be going hard and need to be tough
I've always been a believer with the DFA rules, that the PSD should be scrapped as it's too easy for players to go where they want when they aren't FAs.

However, I'm willing to reconsider my position on this

Watch the AFL get rid of the PSD this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back