Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching two games today .....Perth v Swan Districts (McDonald v Grainger-Barras) ....and West Adelaide v WWT ( Thilthorpe v Jones)

What happened to the SANFL :eek: ......compared to the WAFL it's a joke of a competition ...players fat, unfit, can't hit a 20 mtr kick

It's a reserves comp now, disappointing standard .....the WAFL by comparison is chalk & cheese guys are fit, skilled and an enjoyable standard

Could come down to WAFL players still being paid whilst SANFL playing for free.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you're talking about the Metric System, I'm pretty sure that was either McGovern, his manager, or a friend tasked with feeding info. TMS left when Gov did.
I thought he left well before McNuggets left - and got the impression TMS (and or TAFKATMS) was either Jaensch or Grigg.

Pretty sure he made an account wager that Australia wouldn't go into a recession in 2020

He made this before COVID was a thing - Unlucky because no one could have foreseen that but he kept his part of the bet
Jesus, we were always going to go into a recession, that was an interesting wager

Jesus, we were always going to go into a recession, that was an interesting wager
That wasn't the main reason he left, he just doesn't suffer wankas easily and there's several that got up his nose repeatedly.

I'm sure there's several that you'd happily see the back of on here too?

I thought he left well before McNuggets left - and got the impression TMS (and or TAFKATMS) was either Jaensch or Grigg.
He left as TMS for a while but came back as TAFKATMS in Govs last year. As TMS he used to give out some solid selection info, but when he came back it was more club related. It could have been Grigg if Grigg was a close personal mate of Gov. Otherwise there's no way. Whoever it was, he had a close connection with McGovern.

Could come down to WAFL players still being paid whilst SANFL playing for free.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who's that WWT ruckman who's about 20 kgs overweight and couldn't jump over a jam tin ....and the 5 foot nothing over weight midfielder with red hair down to his backside

Really makes a mockery of the comp if they're in the top rated side ......at least the WAFL players looked fit and had enough skill to hit a target

James_37 I don't think the gamestyle was the issue, just an inability to stick to any gameplan ......I pity a young potential draftee having to put his credentials forward in SA

Watching two games today .....Perth v Swan Districts (McDonald v Grainger-Barras) ....and West Adelaide v WWT ( Thilthorpe v Jones)

What happened to the SANFL :eek: ......compared to the WAFL it's a joke of a competition ...players fat, unfit, can't hit a 20 mtr kick

It's a reserves comp now, disappointing standard .....the WAFL by comparison is chalk & cheese guys are fit, skilled and an enjoyable standard
It is my opinion that the level of coaching in the SANFL is not that great either. Probably only 1 or 2 I can think of that could make the transition up at the moment. Sadly what you are saying about players being unable to hit a 20 mtr kick is quite true. There is also a problem when the fat and unfit label can be attributed to one of the best players in the SANFL that has won multiple Magarey's, and been on an AFL list.

That wasn't the main reason he left, he just doesn't suffer wankas easily and there's several that got up his nose repeatedly.

I'm sure there's several that you'd happily see the back of on here too?
Yeah, it's funny. I'm very happy to hear from posters who I disagree with (you and I certainly disagree on lots of stuff), as long as they're also adding some quality conversation as well.

There's a few others I've just muted. Often it's not their actual opinions, but how aggressive or one note they want to be. It's boring.

Admittedly, I've almost left a couple of times. I just haven't had ECs discipline.

Who's that WWT ruckman who's about 20 kgs overweight and couldn't jump over a jam tin ....and the 5 foot nothing over weight midfielder with red hair down to his backside

Really makes a mockery of the comp if they're in the top rated side ......at least the WAFL players looked fit and had enough skill to hit a target

James_37 I don't think the gamestyle was the issue, just an inability to stick to any gameplan ......I pity a young potential draftee having to put his credentials forward in SA
That ruckman is Jarrad Redden and with the serious knee and shoulder injuries he's endured over his football career he does well to even get out there, still more than holds his own in the Ruck despite virtually being unable to train to ensure he can get out there from week to week.

That is a leprechaun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That ruckman is Jarrad Redden and with the serious knee and shoulder injuries he's endured over his football career he does well to even get out there, still more than holds his own in the Ruck despite virtually being unable to train to ensure he can get out there from week to week.
So left-field question. From what you've seen who is the kids with the best skills in this draft Bicks?

Any diamond Lachie Sholl's out there I should be keeping my eye on in day 2?

So left-field question. From what you've seen who is the kids with the best skills in this draft Bicks?

Any diamond Lachie Sholl's out there I should be keeping my eye on in day 2?
Braeden Campbell easily, he's your complete player, if he was 5 or 6cms taller he'd likely go No.1 IMO.

Yeah, it's funny. I'm very happy to hear from posters who I disagree with (you and I certainly disagree on lots of stuff), as long as they're also adding some quality conversation as well.

There's a few others I've just muted. Often it's not their actual opinions, but how aggressive or one note they want to be. It's boring.

Admittedly, I've almost left a couple of times. I just haven't had ECs discipline.

Yeah, I find the one-note type the most irritating. The abusive ones can be laughed at, since that just covers a weak position. However, one must question the mentality of those who just keep saying the same thing over and over again, as if that strengthens their position: it's very tedious. Just say it once, and move on!

Shame he's a NGA. Anyone available stand out?
Just off the top of my head and going off the limited exposure I've had to them Vic/Geelong Falcon mid Tanner Bruhn and WA/East Fremantle mid/forward Jack Carroll have looked very skilful. Carroll might be a player we'd look at with our early 2nd round pick if he's still available with his size and skill set, though Freo might be keen.

He left as TMS for a while but came back as TAFKATMS in Govs last year. As TMS he used to give out some solid selection info, but when he came back it was more club related. It could have been Grigg if Grigg was a close personal mate of Gov. Otherwise there's no way. Whoever it was, he had a close connection with McGovern.
Yeah, that's very plausible, I think. His posts are still funny to read - one of them:

A former star cruelly cut down by injury now plying his trade in the lower leagues.

There's been many a new BF account since he left. :think:

:grin:

I applaud that at an amateur club, even in the reserves .....but you can't expect any plaudits for playing SANFL league at that weight ......it does a disservice to the League

Thought we had moved on from the Grenville Dietrich and Sachse era's

mattymac

Might have to play in contact lenses?

Your boy...And he's an Adelaide supporter...yay

And his best mates are Bushies teammate Zavier Maher and Ballarat Rebel Nick Stevens, best draft them too if we're taking Elijah.

Last edited:
Just off the top of my head and going off the limited exposure I've had to them Vic/Geelong Falcon mid Tanner Bruhn and WA/East Fremantle mid/forward Jack Carroll have looked very skilful. Carroll might be a player we'd look at with our early 2nd round pick if he's still available with his size and skill set, though Freo might be keen.

How does Eddie Ford fit into this list? I understand he has x-factor - which is code for skill - could he play midfield?

With us likely missing out on that gun SA mid next year (yes I’m calling it early), I’m for taking the two mids Hollands and Phillips if we get 1 and 2. If we can move up with our GWS pick for Thilthorp we should do that too. But otherwise we have Fog and Berg coming through for now. They are as likely as McDonald or Thilthorp at this stage anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back