Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its based on there Age and Money/contract length. Tom Lynch was 26, got 5 years 800k per= a good 1st rounder but the AFL gave there basket case the best pick they could pick 3(Rankine) Port gave Motlop 26, got 4 years 600 per = a good 2nd rounder to the Cats.
No, that's completely wrong.

This is the year to tank if BCrouch wants to leave.
Would get get 2nd round compensation for Atkins?
3rd round for Hartigan

3 x 1st rounders
3 x 2nd rounders
3 x 3rd rounders

This is the year to tank if BCrouch wants to leave.
Would get get 2nd round compensation for Atkins?
3rd round for Hartigan

3 x 1st rounders
3 x 2nd rounders
3 x 3rd rounders
We would have to try and get those 3 x 1st rounders in before a bid for Edwards or Borlace or even Newchurch comes in if B Crouch does want to leave - that way, we would be getting in a number of 1st and 2nd round talent to go with the last 3 drafts we have had. BUT in my eyes, we should move heaven and earth to hold onto Brad Crouch - he was fantastic the season just gone and that was after missing all of 2018 - assuming no further injury concerns, how good could he be in 2020!!!

The picks are tied to the club's finishing position. A "good 1st rounder" or Band 1 compo, could be pick 2 or pick 17 - depends on where the club finishes.

https://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency
Which I don't agree with. I think it ahould be at the start (pick 1), middle (pick 11) or end (pick 19) qhich is related to the contract the leaving club offered, not the new one. That is, how much did GC rate him?

We would have to try and get those 3 x 1st rounders in before a bid for Edwards or Borlace or even Newchurch comes in if B Crouch does want to leave - that way, we would be getting in a number of 1st and 2nd round talent to go with the last 3 drafts we have had. BUT in my eyes, we should move heaven and earth to hold onto Brad Crouch - he was fantastic the season just gone and that was after missing all of 2018 - assuming no further injury concerns, how good could he be in 2020!!!
I agree, we should do everything to keep him...however if he wants to go to GC, they need to offer more than the compo.
#pick1herewecome

Then I'm sure you will enlighten us as to the correct procedure and method
Google is a pretty useful tool, if you want to fill in gaps in your knowledge.

Which I don't agree with. I think it ahould be at the start (pick 1), middle (pick 11) or end (pick 19) qhich is related to the contract the leaving club offered, not the new one. That is, how much did GC rate him?

I like the current system. Players at crap clubs are generally being poached by the top teams, and this helps balance that out.

I like the current system. Players at crap clubs are generally being poached by the top teams, and this helps balance that out.
One change I would make is if a club decides not to match an offer it should be reflected in the compensation they are given, GCS should be able to match the offer Richmond made to Lynch but chose not to in order to get pick 3 and that in turn disadvantaged every other club in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One change I would make is if a club decides not to match an offer it should be reflected in the compensation they are given, GCS should be able to match the offer Richmond made to Lynch but chose not to in order to get pick 3 and that in turn disadvantaged every other club in the draft.

Yep. Melbourne practically pushed Frawley out the door a few years ago.

Not really fair or practical in reality. "Forcing" Hawthorn to match Buddy's stupid contract just to get pick 19 or whatever it was would be ridiculously unfair.

Very often the contracts offered are structured to be painful to match.

I get it though - Richmond really should have got 1st round pick for Ellis to GC based on contract received, but they weren't ever going close to matching, so it was overall prolly fair what they got.

Umm, they only get compo if they don't match the offer. If you match it, it goes to a trade situation

Do we have first access on Kaine Baldwin?
I friends son played with him a few years ago and said he’s a unique talent

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope so! Chris Doerre (Knightmare has him in the top 20 prospects for next year.

Kaine Baldwin
The strong-marking key forward missed 2019 due to a ruptured ACL. Baldwin takes advantage of opponents one-on-one and is so strong aerially. He is a high leaper and possesses the speed to create separation on the lead. South Australian recruiters who have watched a lot of him in years past are adamant he is the best key forward in the class.

So anybody can challenge you and when you cry they can point you to google

Rightio - done
What? You didn't challenge anything. You asked someone to inform you about something very widely known that you didn't know or understand.

Don't be a lazy prick. It's a gap in your knowledge that you're trying to fill. Go and Google it. The vast, vast majority of posters understand the compensation system for free agency, and if you don't it's on you to find out, not anyone to teach you, ffs.

Hmm. Kristof has had a name change. Will have to try and remember.
Yep. You can donate to Chief's favourite charity and he will let you change your user name.

I didn't want to delete my account and lose all my settings but the Poster Formerly Known As Kristof needed to vamoose after losing a bet with Faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back