Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I had absolutely no idea that Hollands was originally from SA. This is definitely that case that we always talk about where if it’s close then you preference the SA kid. Take him with pick 2 (after we bid on JUH 😂).

Im all for taking Thilthorp too, but he seems to be rated a little bit below our second pick (Crouch). I’m not sure he qualifies as “close” and therefore preference. If he is, then you beauty get them both in.

Interesting that Hately hasn’t signed on. Particularly as they now have Green. I’d be prepared to give them their money back to get that done. He didn’t look amazing in the game against us, but I have seen enough to see why he was a top 15 pick.
It's been mentioned here quite a bit that he was born and raised here, makes him a very attractive proposition. We've also shown we aren't shy in taking kids off injury riddled draft years.

As for Hately, if we hand back their first rounder for him we should be shot. He's shown a bit more than Jones, but I wouldn't have him in the top 15 of his draft year

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Mutineer not sure if you caught the latest podcast from Twomey but it seems at the very least Derek Hine rates Baldwin as a top end prospect despite his injury. Would think he comes into the clubs thinking with that early 2nd rounder.
Nah, as you know I'm not a big fan of Twomey, personally I'm not taking him that early with the re-injury to the same ACL he did earlier. I doubt a club would take 2 players recovering from ACL's so high in the draft if we take Hollands early?

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
His mother's a Croweater as well so likely has family here as well.

Yeah. We gotta take him. Especially if we are losing Crouch. He seems to be a pretty good replacement in the rotation. I’m still bullish on Jones for that too.

Stars have aligned on this one to finally get pick 1 and have a Crows fan with ties in the mix for that pick.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah. We gotta take him. Especially if we are losing Crouch. He seems to be a pretty good replacement in the rotation. I’m still bullish on Jones for that too.

Stars have aligned on this one to finally get pick 1 and have a Crows fan with ties in the mix for that pick.
Thilthorpe is a Crows fan too.

Pick them both.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It's been mentioned here quite a bit that he was born and raised here, makes him a very attractive proposition. We've also shown we aren't shy in taking kids off injury riddled draft years.

As for Hately, if we hand back their first rounder for him we should be shot. He's shown a bit more than Jones, but I wouldn't have him in the top 15 of his draft year
I'd be interested to know who the 15 players are you think offer more in this draft when weighing up one is ready to go Round 1 2021.

I'd say there's zero chance we'd entertain giving them back their original pick.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Too soon to judge the draft year. He’s got some class about him. I want a big body in the rotation. My concern is really that he’s a bit slow and we’ve got Matt. But maybe the right call is to cash in on Matt next year with his FA. Complete the rebuild.

Also, yeah, not their own pick. That is now more than what they paid. If they won’t do our 2nd, I’d be keen to throw a bit more. Maybe involve a third club. If they miss finals, then no chance.

I guess if we are keeping Matt, then you probably don’t pay what I’m suggesting. You maybe offer a take it or leave it 2nd.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'd be interested to know who the 15 players are you think offer more in this draft when weighing up one is ready to go Round 1 2021.

I'd say there's zero chance we'd entertain giving them back their original pick.
I think there's at least 15 better in HIS draft year, we have a couple of them..... And they aren't Jones and Ned, yet.

In this draft I can't see that many, not midfielders anyway.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thilthorpe is a Crows fan too.

Pick them both.

Yep. Im not against that. I have no clue. Depends on how much difference we see in Riley and other players still on the board. If they are close then I’m saying yes, we should preference Riley. I’m just wondering if he is close enough. For example McDonald sounds like he’s gone way ahead with his exposed WAFL form. If we take Hollands, not sure we preference Riley over McDonald.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think there's at least 15 better in HIS draft year, we have a couple of them..... And they aren't Jones and Ned, yet.

In this draft I can't see that many, not midfielders anyway.
But his draft year is no longer relevant for starters, we're talking giving up a pick in THIS draft.

And as for getting midfield opportunities Hately could not have possibly gone to a worse team where he's had virtually no chance to play the inside mid role he played so well at the Nationals against quite a few players you seem to rate above him. He's an inside mid with the versatility to go forward.

Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Im still very keen on Hollands.

I wonder if we can package up the GWS pick to get a bit higher to get Thilthorpe. Maybe GC pick 5? Providing we dont get band 1 for Crouch. I dont think Thilthorpe will slide to 8 or 9.

Two players that barrack for the Crows and enjoy Adelaide and will be really invested in getting us up there again.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide

Agree - PSD pick 1 for Hately.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
And there we have it

A lot of interesting spins for the media regardless of how it all plays out though

Just do a reasonable deal with GWS if Hately is genuinely keen to come to Adelaide and forget all this PSD nonsense

Pretty much. Move 28 on and be done with it. GWS are going to be stacked for talent for a long long time, so no need to burn those bridges just so a couple of posters can get their dicks hard.

Save PSD for anything involving Brouch if we do opt to trade him.

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
And there we have it

A lot of interesting spins for the media regardless of how it all plays out though
Nobody who sprouts that Adelaide shouldn't bid on the best player because it denies Adelaide's ultimate first pick $30k mentions the fact that JUH will miss the money even though he's the best player and is the deserved recipient.

I wonder is Niall supports the dogs and just doesn't want them to go into deficit??

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just do a reasonable deal with GWS if Hately is genuinely keen to come to Adelaide and forget all this PSD nonsense

Yeah. Especially with GWS who have always been reasonable unlike say Essendon. If any player finds his way to the PSD this year and we want him, then we take him. But we shouldn’t be encouraging it. That’s a game that we will lose in the long run.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mid/Forward Xavier O'Halloran another GWS youngster that would be worth an inquiry, like Hately starved of opportunities in his favoured role, high character lad with genuine speed, endurance and toughness.

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Every chance Cameron and Williams leave GWS via Free Agency, if it happens, probably nets them 2 x band 1 picks (9 and 10, with 9 slipping back a bit due to the deficit carried over).

I reckon they would be looking for a Cameron replacement with one of these picks, wonder what they would give up for 2 if we get it???

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anyone think it’s possible that assuming we get picks 1 and 2 that we take Hollands with 1 and trade 2 for rankine? What else would need to be parcelled with pick 2 for GC to bloody take it? The modern game plan doesn’t seem to be able to carry many talls and this would create an awesome forward line.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Nobody who sprouts that Adelaide shouldn't bid on the best player because it denies Adelaide's ultimate first pick $30k mentions the fact that JUH will miss the money even though he's the best player and is the deserved recipient.

I wonder is Niall supports the dogs and just doesn't want them to go into deficit??

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The weird part with this 1 is the media can spin it anyway they like

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Does anyone think it’s possible that assuming we get picks 1 and 2 that we take Hollands with 1 and trade 2 for rankine? What else would need to be parcelled with pick 2 for GC to bloody take it? The modern game plan doesn’t seem to be able to carry many talls and this would create an awesome forward line.
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back