Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to read how many people see us as a bottom 4 club on the main board, or even bottom 2.

I don't think we'll be that bad but I'm hoping we can secure a top 6 pick

I can't blame them, exodus of experienced players, sacking our coach, director of footballer, and senior assistant (And only replacing our coach) aren't exactly signs that'd give you confidence in a club.

I'm happy for bottom four, providing we show a lot of signs that this will be a quick trip at the bottom.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Interesting to read how many people see us as a bottom 4 club on the main board, or even bottom 2.

I don't think we'll be that bad but I'm hoping we can secure a top 6 pick

I with you. We probably lost 3 player first 22 but the rest were on the way out. I really like some of last years pick up and I believe McAsey will make it this year.

BunjiMC

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Starting to hope Crouch leaves a FA this year and we can get a pick after our 1st as compensation. Then hope we finish 15th gives us pick 4 & 5. Hope Edwards goes pick 6 We match the bid. And then match Borlace and Newchurch down the order. 3 elite talents and 2 free hits......but do lose B Crouch.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Have you got your thoughts on a few names that will be in contention for pick 1 next year ??

Probably these 5 would head up my list at this point, most would think that's a bit high for Macrae and Bruhn especially but I really rate them, Bruhn just needs to be injury free and fit and then I think he will elevate up the rankings.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Athletic Key Forward - Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Country [W. Bulldogs]
Will Phillips - Inside mid - Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Alex Davies - Balanced Mid - Manunda Hawks/Cairns - Allies [Gold Coast Suns]
Elijah Hollands - Mid/forward - Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country
Finlay Macrae - Inside/outside mid - Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Tanner Bruhn - Balanced Mid - Geelong Falcons/Vic Country

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Starting to hope Crouch leaves a FA this year and we can get a pick after our 1st as compensation. Then hope we finish 15th gives us pick 4 & 5. Hope Edwards goes pick 6 We match the bid. And then match Borlace and Newchurch down the order. 3 elite talents and 2 free hits......but do lose B Crouch.
Yeah agreed , more inclined to spend the big bucks elsewhere .

Depending on 2020 of course, but right now, I am not giving up Brad Crouch for an FA pick.

We'll still need an established couple of mids to make sure everything runs smoothly, and this should be the season where Brad truly steps up if he remains fit.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Macrae would be great for what we need, an agile, classy inside/outside mid. Taller than the likes of McHenry, Schoenberg, Jones too

Hollands is the dream but he is probably my favourite to go pick 1 at this point
Remember me telling you and Jeff about a tall skinny indigenous kid from down Warrnambool way 3 years ago that some of the Ballarat Rebels lads were telling me was an absolute footballing freak even before I'd seen him play? Not bad judges them Rebels lads eh?

Depending on 2020 of course, but right now, I am not giving up Brad Crouch for an FA pick.

We'll still need an established couple of mids to make sure everything runs smoothly, and this should be the season where Brad truly steps up if he remains fit.

I'd be pushing Atkins out as a FA. Take the extra second round pick as compo and free up a spot for Sholl.

I'd be pushing Atkins out as a FA. Take the extra second round pick as compo and free up a spot for Sholl.

I would be too, though Atkins should be phased out this year.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Remember me telling you and Jeff about a tall skinny indigenous kid from down Warrnambool way 3 years ago that some of the Ballarat Rebels lads were telling me was an absolute footballing freak even before I'd seen him play? Not bad judges them Rebels lads eh?
Indeed I do, JUH's probably one of the most naturally talented footballers to come through the juniors in a long time. Insanely freakish. Bulldogs are very lucky to have him and Naughton for the next decade

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Edwards, yes seeing he's expected to be a first-rounder, that ship has sailed. I hope Borlace, and Newchurch show enough signs to say they have a very bright future, but end up settling in the 2nd round group.

After all, we do need to have the points to get them, and three first-rounders might end up being nearly impossible.
We should be able to do 3 r1's easily enough given the start we already have and that we can carry pick #18's worth of points into 2021 if necessary. The thing we need to do is try to upgrade our r2/r3 picks into higher value picks otherwise we'll need to find 6 or more empty list spots to use all the picks we hold.

If we finish really low, we might even be able to draft a top line player before have to match any bids on our players - and we could help ourselves by bidding on other clubs' FS/NGA players to make them use up their r1 picks.

Last edited:
I with you. We probably lost 3 player first 22 but the rest were on the way out. I really like some of last years pick up and I believe McAsey will make it this year.

Yeah and while lots of other bottom 8 clubs have already been playing their youth, we haven't.

We barely saw Fogarty last year. On top of that we have two defenders to play (Doedee, Worrell), a key forward (McAsey), plus four midfielders (Jones, McHenry, Gallucci and Schoenberg) and two half backs (Hamill and Sholl) who are all highly rated.

That's nine highly rated kids, of which eight are second round picks or better.

We'll get a really good look at where we stand after this season, but if even half those kids show their talent, we won't have a massive drop

We should be able to do r1's easily enough given the start we already have and that we can carry pick #18's worth of points into 2021 if necessary. The thing we need to do is try to upgrade our r2/r3 picks into higher value picks otherwise we'll need to find 6 or more empty list spots to use all the picks we hold.

If we finish really low, we might even be able to draft a top line player before have to match any bids on our players - and we could help ourselves by bidding on other clubs' FS/NGA players to make them use up their r1 picks.

I'd be gunning for two prior to Edwards. Hence I do not want to see Borlace or Newchurch rocket up the draft order, just show enough signs they'll be very good players who are worth a 2nd, or 3rd.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nope he's from up Albury-Wadonga way...You should remember his father Ben Hollands who played for Richmond then went over to Adelaide and played for West Adelaide in the SANFL and starred for them and SA in the interstate games. Kid is an absolute gun! He and Tanner Bruhn who is also a very, very good cricketer but didn't play much this year with injuries has all the traits of a future star as does inside mid Will Phillips.

A clever little forward from SA Cory Durdin might be the next small forward to go in the 1st round on the ability and promise he's shown right through the junior ranks.
Yeah and while lots of other bottom 8 clubs have already been playing their youth, we haven't.

We barely saw Fogarty last year. On top of that we have two defenders to play (Doedee, Worrell), a key forward (McAsey), plus four midfielders (Jones, McHenry, Gallucci and Schoenberg) and two half backs (Hamill and Sholl) who are all highly rated.

We'll get a really good look at where we stand after this season, but if even half those kids show their talent, we won't have a massive drop
But because our kids haven’t played, they aren’t going to walk in an light it up. They needed to have played last year and this year they would have been better.

The other thing is with the addition of our rookies, we’ve showed we don’t like the idea of the lack of experience.

But because our kids haven’t played, they aren’t going to walk in an light it up. They needed to have played last year and this year they would have been better.

The other thing is with the addition of our rookies, we’ve showed we don’t like the idea of the lack of experience.

If we wanted to be better this year, sure they should have played last year.

All I'm saying I think it's unlikely we will be WORSE when we start playing these talented kids instead of the proven list cloggers we've been stuck with the last two years

CroCop

Club Legend
Jan 10, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Gallucci couldn’t even get 15 touches a game in the second half of the year in the SANFL and I’m sick of people on here continually pumping his tyres. Tom Hutchesson who GWS drafted and say they drafted him to play straight away as he is 24 made Galluci look second rate on the field in games I watched .

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gallucci couldn’t even get 15 touches a game in the second half of the year in the SANFL and I’m sick of people on here continually pumping his tyres. Tom Hutchesson who GWS drafted and say they drafted him to play straight away as he is 24 made Galluci look second rate on the field in games I watched .
👍 you my man, as I have previously stated don’t worry about the fashion statement with the mo and sleeve get your football in order then make the statements cart before the horse

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd be gunning for two prior to Edwards. Hence I do not want to see Borlace or Newchurch rocket up the draft order, just show enough signs they'll be very good players who are worth a 2nd, or 3rd.
If they are only worth a second or third then they're not going to be projected to be 'very good' players in the first place. There's no real benefit other than paying less for some players who are still a small chance at making it.

We'd obviously struggle if they were all top 10. If they're spread out from pick 5 to 20 then that should be doable. Considering we already have 2 firsts and 2 seconds. As we've seen there are a lot of tricks you can do as well. This is all hypothetical anyway and it's unlikely that they all turn into high end players.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
you my man, as I have previously stated don’t worry about the fashion statement with the mo and sleeve get your football in order then make the statements cart before the horse
This is so stupid. Are you an old man who yells at clouds?

It is possible to work hard on your game and also draw something on your skin and let hair grow.

Why do you care so much about another bloke's looks?

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan

Gooch like a few ( Fog) were probably was a result of our master plan to play the oldies regardless. Even in the SANFL we played midfields Sauce, Gibbs. Douglas etc. We needed to be pushing the younger players into the major positional roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back