Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Alldayeveryday

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Depending on 2020 of course, but right now, I am not giving up Brad Crouch for an FA pick.

We'll still need an established couple of mids to make sure everything runs smoothly, and this should be the season where Brad truly steps up if he remains fit.

I'd keep him for no more than 600k per year. I dont even want to pay him 650k given he will get injured again. let somome ells offer him 800k+ hopefully since the Suns landed pick 3 as compo for Lynch at the same price and age.

Mr Alldayeveryday

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Indeed I do, JUH's probably one of the most naturally talented footballers to come through the juniors in a long time. Insanely freakish. Bulldogs are very lucky to have him and Naughton for the next decade
He cant kick or Handball though. He plays like Luke Jericho, an athlete not a football player. might be another Jack Watts allthough that was also due to being drafted by Melbourne. He's got 12 months to improve but its not like it matter the Doggies are getting him anyway.

CROW in BALI

Cancelled
Freeze MND Challenge 2021
Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is Thilthorpe the one who comes from some sort of ice hockey background (maybe his dad played or something)? If so I really hope he lands at the AFC.

Nah , your thinking of Ogi Oglethorpe 😉

IMG_2820.JPG

Mr Alldayeveryday

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't get why people are so keen to walk Brad Crouch out the door befote he's even kicked a ball in a game yet in 2020.

Has he not said he wants to stay?

Can someone explain why he shouldn't be able to build on his 2019 season which was pretty bloody decent until he ran out of petrol tickets later in the season with a another hopefully uneventful full pre-season under his belt? He was clearly our best mid across season 2019 and I would expect with the extra fitness he should build over this pre-season I'd reasonably expect he'll get even better this season now his groin and feet issues are looking behind him.
Whats the max amount of money you would pay Brad on average per year given he probably wants a 4+ years long?

Mr Alldayeveryday

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I guess I just don't rate him as highlighly as I used to. It just feels to me like he'll decline from here and I'll looking to cash in.

Also this is very dependant on our finishing position. If we're getting a top 6 pick for him yes, if it's pick 15 no.
If he gets 5 years/800k+ per season then its going to be a top 6 pick. i hope its 900k plus then we can get pick 3.

Mr Alldayeveryday

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's interesting to me is to read in other threads how we desperately need midfielders, preferably ones with leg speed. It seems to be a never ending discussion point for some. But move on to discussing next year's draft and there's only one name that constantly comes up. Thilthorpe. Who's a ruckman. How does this make any sense. I get that he's an SA kid with big wraps on him at this stage, but how does he fit in this list build ?? He would take 3 to 4 years at least to be AFL ready, and likely a top end pick in the draft. I think too many people are too focused on any and all SA players.
You're not wrong about people being focused too much on the SA boys but if they are good then the Crows may as well. With Thilthorpe going to take 4-5 years you are spot on as wel but he looks like he could be the Football player/Key Forward version of Josh Jenkins lol, Jenko was just an Athletic 6'6 forward pocket lol. I'd go after the Gun midifelders as well over the tall guys when you have top 10 picks. Without a gun midfeild you will never you a flag or have a chance to compete for a long time. The Crows dont have that great a midfield, its bottom 4.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
You're not wrong about people being focused too much on the SA boys but if they are good then the Crows may as well. With Thilthorpe going to take 4-5 years you are spot on as wel but he looks like he could be the Football player/Key Forward version of Josh Jenkins lol, Jenko was just an Athletic 6'6 forward pocket lol. I'd go after the Gun midifelders as well over the tall guys when you have top 10 picks. Without a gun midfeild you will never you a flag or have a chance to compete for a long time. The Crows dont have that great a midfield, its bottom 4.
Tilthorpe like JJ ?? you're having a huge laugh aren't you ??

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
JUH has terrible skills even for his age they are bad. 12 months can change that though.
Steady up, he's an outstanding high mark, super quick and agile for his size, only real weakness in his game for a young developing key forward is probably his set shot goal klcking which needs tidying up....He's a gun prospect that would have every AFL club clamouring for him if he wasn't tied to the Doggies Academy.

Last edited:

Mr Alldayeveryday

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Steady up, he's an outstanding high mark, super quick and agile for his size, only real weakness in his game for a young developing key forward is probably his set shot goal klcking which needs tidying up....He's a gun prospect that would have every AFL club clamouting for him if he wasn't tied to the Doggies Academy.
I don't see it.....yet.

Mr Alldayeveryday

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you know how free agency compensation works?
Its based on there Age and Money/contract length. Tom Lynch was 26, got 5 years 800k per= a good 1st rounder but the AFL gave there basket case the best pick they could pick 3(Rankine) Port gave Motlop 26, got 4 years 600 per = a good 2nd rounder to the Cats.

Its based on there Age and Money/contract length. Tom Lynch was 26, got 5 years 800k per= a good 1st rounder but the AFL gave there basket case the best pick they could pick 3(Rankine) Port gave Motlop 26, got 4 years 600 per = a good 2nd rounder to the Cats.

The picks are tied to the club's finishing position. A "good 1st rounder" or Band 1 compo, could be pick 2 or pick 17 - depends on where the club finishes.

https://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

Mr Alldayeveryday

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
So its would be at best the pick after your teams 1st rounder eg. if the Crows have pick 3 and Brad leaves for a long term, 800k per year type deal then our compo should most likley be pick 4?

Yes; and if we finish 10th and Brad leaves as a free agent, we aren’t getting a top three pick as compensation even if he receives a five-year $10 million contract.

So its would be at best the pick after your teams 1st rounder eg. if the Crows have pick 3 and Brad leaves for a long term, 800k per year type deal then our compo should most likley be pick 4?

Yes*

*never discount the possibility of the AFL stuffing things up again.

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide

Correct and to highlight how ridiculous this is:

Hawthorn received pick 19 for Franklin after winning a flag

Melbourne received pick 3 for James Frawley.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If that’s shaping as a possibility there will be a change to the FA compo rules shortly before the FA/trade period

a well run league would worn clubs, a minimum of 18 months before any significant changes actually came into affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back