Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Don’t go sharing this on the draft board, wanna see some of them actually go out and try and find footage like I did haha

16s semi final with Baldwin and Thilthorpe

Yeah some of the ones that only show up 3 or 4 weeks from the draft and tell us all about players they've only seen on the highlight reels if at all.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Is Baldwin definately available to us as a nga?
Nobody knows for sure apparently but his name not appearing on an extensive list put out by our Crows Academy for 2020 is a pretty fair indication he's not tied to us re drafting rights.......Especially when Luke Edwards, James Borlase and Tariek Newchurch's names are there. He is from the South East and boarding and schooling at Westminster College.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Interesting, another top line junior cricketer to pursue their AFL dream. Following in the footsteps of last year's Geelong/WA draftee Jordan Clark.

Australian under-16 captain Jamison Murphy steps away from cricket to focus on trying to get drafted to the AFL
Australia’s under-16 captain has stepped away from cricket to focus on football in the hope of being drafted next year.
Prince Alfred College’s Jamison Murphy skippered the national junior team in a one-day series against Pakistan in Dubai in January, but last month the Woodville all-rounder told cricket officials he wanted to concentrate on footy.
Murphy, 17, is among 30 footballers named in the SA hub of the AFL academy for next year and North Adelaide regards the midfielder as one of its best 2020 draft prospects.
Prince Alfred co-curricular activities director Troy McKinnon said Murphy would continue to play cricket for the college, but wanted to lighten his load of club and representative commitments as he prepared for his draft season and Year 12.
McKinnon said Murphy was a strong chance to resume high-level cricket if he was not drafted.
North Adelaide talent manager Neil Sanders said Murphy had hardly trained for football because he had played so much cricket.
Murphy lined up in nine under-18 matches for the Roosters this past season.
“He had some really good games of under-18 footy as a 17-year-old, just off the back of his natural ability,” Sanders said.
“He’s a long kick of the ball, a beautiful kick.
“You’d be surprised if he didn’t get drafted.”
Murphy is the latest in a long line of players over the past decade who have combined football and cricket until their late teens then chosen between them.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
What? You didn't challenge anything. You asked someone to inform you about something very widely known that you didn't know or understand.

Don't be a lazy prick. It's a gap in your knowledge that you're trying to fill. Go and Google it. The vast, vast majority of posters understand the compensation system for free agency, and if you don't it's on you to find out, not anyone to teach you, ffs.
You made a definitive statement I asked you to prove it

You proved you didn't know either and you are now floundering

Swim up

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
You made a definitive statement I asked you to prove it

You proved you didn't know either and you are now floundering

Swim up

FFS, Pembo.

I said that isn't how compo works - as did four or five others.

The most remedial reading of the rules on Google or any of the millions of times compo has been discussed makes that clear.

It's like I said "the capital of SA is Adelaide", you asked me to prove it, and I said go look it up.

The rules of free agent compensation are understood by maybe 98% of footy fans. If you're ignorant on them, it should only take someone saying "that's incorrect" for you to go and educate yourself. It's not an opinion, it is an incredibly widely known fact.

The only thing I'm floundering with is your suggestion that it is somehow MY responsibility to educate you on something. Take responsibility for yourself.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mutineer what kind of draft pick would we need to pick up Riley Tilthorpe?
IMO not quite as high as some are predicting, I'd have him mid 1st round in another draft not flush with quality Talls which will probably help his chances much like Luke Jackson this year..

Much more mature body wise than a most of the Talls in next year's draft so he should really dominate this year at U18 level given his size advantage, on what I've seen his ruck craft needs a fair bit of work and looks more a natural forward.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
IMO not quite as high as some are predicting, I'd have him mid 1st round in another draft not flush with quality Talls which will probably help his chances much like Luke Jackson this year..

Much more mature body wise than a most of the Talls in next year's draft so he should really dominate this year at U18 level given his size advantage, on what I've seen his ruck craft needs a fair bit of work and looks more a natural forward.

So we likely *would* have the currency to grab him early, since we have ~8, that's... interesting

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So we likely *would* have the currency to grab him early, since we have ~8, that's... interesting
There's another SA Ruck/Forward prospect that's looking draftable in 203cm 82kg WWT Henry Smith but he's aways off body development wise and is very raw in football terms, caught the eye with a couple of really strong contested marks in the recent U17's All Stars game on Grand Final Day at the MCG, slotted a really nice goal after one of those contested grabs. Will be very interesting to watch his progress next year in the lead up to the U18 Championships.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

well here he is kicking 3 v sturt in the league at Unley a few days after he turned 17. Remembering Sturt had 2 of the best key defenders in the league over the last 5-6 seasons in Stephen and Evans

This lad can play and no doubt will feature for Westies in the league for most of the year (excluding state U 18 games)

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
well here he is kicking 3 v sturt in the league at Unley a few days after he turned 17. Remembering Sturt had 2 of the best key defenders in the league over the last 5-6 seasons in Stephen and Evans

This lad can play and no doubt will feature for Westies in the league for most of the year (excluding state U 18 games)

And?

So where do you see his draft chances being at then No.1, top 5, top 10, top 20?

We can all agree he's showing plenty of promise.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
And?

So where do you see his draft chances being at then No.1, top 5, top 10, top 20?

We can all agree he's showing plenty of promise.
I think he will go very high (I am thinking top 10 and maybe top 5..BUT i don't see anywhere near enough of the interstate kids other than clips and some U18 games online so I might be missing seeing some extremely talented kids outside of SA). In my eyes a kid who plays league footy at 16 years of age and then in his third game tops his teams goal kicking against a very powerful side away from home screams ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think he will go very high (I am thinking top 10 and maybe top 5..BUT i don't see anywhere near enough of the interstate kids other than clips and some U18 games online so I might be missing seeing some extremely talented kids outside of SA). In my eyes a kid who plays league footy at 16 years of age and then in his third game tops his teams goal kicking against a very powerful side away from home screams ability.
Have you watched the U17 All Stars match where he was pitted against his competing peers from this draft class?

If not I suggest you do to get an idea of the competition that's about for the 1st round because a good percentage of next year's 1st round will likely come out of that game just as it has in recent years. It's freely available to view on Youtube currently on the NAB League page, for how much longer who knows as usually the AFL restrict viewing to their AFL Website.

Team Brown - Black jumpers.
#3 Taj Schofield - Eagles - Port F/S
#18 Luke Edwards - Tigers - Adelaide F/S
#23 James Borlase - Double Blues - Adelaide NGA

#34 Riley Thilthorpe - Blood 'N' Tars

Team Dal Santo - White jumpers
#3 Cory Durdin - Bulldogs
#9 Zac Dumensy - Panthers
#17 Lachlan Jones - Eagles - Port NGA
#37 Henry Smith - Eagles

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting how at this stage our 2020 picks are looking very similar to those going into this years' draft

2019 - 6 22 23 37 45
2020 - 8 18 27 31 43 52 56
one thing is for sure - expect significant movement of those picks both during the season and leading up to trade period and even on draft night... Haggis and Binuk come into their own at the pointy end :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Next year surely MacKay is done. Hartigan and Atkins could leave as free agents. Brad Crouch is up in the air still but hope he stays. Wilson surely is on his last chance. Gooch, Poholke and Knight are under pressure. We have 7 draft picks at this stage, could well be 10 picks inside top 60.

If we draft all these names floating about that are available to us plus a few first rounders before any bids come up, we could possibly be the youngest team list in the AFL in 2021

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Next year surely MacKay is done. Hartigan and Atkins could leave as free agents. Brad Crouch is up in the air still but hope he stays. Wilson surely is on his last chance. Gooch, Poholke and Knight are under pressure. We have 7 draft picks at this stage, could well be 10 picks inside top 60.

If we draft all these names floating about that are available to us plus a few first rounders before any bids come up, we could possibly be the youngest team list in the AFL in 2021
Of those I can see Gooch , Atkins and Crouch as more likely to be on our list in 2021.

Crowman32

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
ADELAIDE
Nobody knows for sure apparently but his name not appearing on an extensive list put out by our Crows Academy for 2020 is a pretty fair indication he's not tied to us re drafting rights.......Especially when Luke Edwards, James Borlase and Tariek Newchurch's names are there. He is from the South East and boarding and schooling at Westminster College.

Thats a shame that it looks like hes not one of our nga prospects as he looka a pretty good talent.

Whats your thoughts on borlase? I havent seen enough of him but from what i have seen im not sold he is afl quality. Hopefully i am wrong.

Luke edwards looks a beauty, hopefully he chooses to play with us.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Good year to tank. Must get a pick in before Edwards is bid on. 2x top 10 picks really sets us up.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Good year to tank. Must get a pick in before Edwards is bid on. 2x top 10 picks really sets us up.

TANK TIME

1575502919316.png

that's Matthew Nicks as gunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back