Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
It's a really strange dropoff, was a very damaging player in his junior year, his kicking was a little suspect (good when given space, though), but he's not near the best Carlton prospect right now

Thomson still has those basic traits that you want from a potentially really damaging inside mid - clean in the contest, can go forward, good overhead, agile... can see why Richmond took him, had him in my top 25
And quick, with burst speed most mids can only dream about. Richmond know what they're doing and his game style fits right in with the way they play.....but hey why would we want to copy Richmond style wise?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He had a decent first year but his kicking has been utterly terrible ever since. I know second year blues is a thing but I don't think I can remember seeing a players skills drop off so noticeably.
So Thomson will be no good because his brother Paddy has been a little disappointing thus far into his expansive AFL career all of 2 years?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Where did I say that?
You didn't.

I just find rating a player on what his brother has or hasn't done or any part of their game is ridiculous IMO, perhaps I should have addressed it to the original poster.

Would be interesting if the move was for Kemp

Would we rather Kemp, or Worrell and Schoenberg? Tough question as I love Kemp, but we got great value from our two picks

It's very hard to say Kemp over Worrell and Schoenberg.

Both look like they have the tools blossom into top players. I mean, so does Kemp, but 2 v 1.

Chase13

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I strongly suspect it was for Cooper Stephens
Definitely cooper Stevens, dekoning or Robertson But in big sight we didn’t expect land Worrell, if we had known that I don’t think we would have tried to trade up, sure by draft end glad we didn’t, Worrell was a steal roo good to refuse who will in time play wing or in middle, as his coaches have said and stressed to recruiters. Gonna be a ripper

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Definitely cooper Stevens, dekoning or Robertson But in big sight we didn’t expect land Worrell, if we had known that I don’t think we would have tried to trade up, sure by draft end glad we didn’t, Worrell was a steal roo good to refuse who will in time play wing or in middle, as his coaches have said and stressed to recruiters. Gonna be a ripper
I'd tend to agree. I think that the club will be ecstatic with their 1st 3 picks and then to get 2 project players later in the draft. But Worrell certainly seems like a big steal and he could really be anything. I like Shoenberg and I would not bet against him debuting next year and of course McAsey - top top get for us and just about our most pressing long term need (the next Talia) hopefully - fingers crossed - filled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
And that is relevant to Thomson Dow's football ability and the 2019 draft?
No, I just was responding to your statement about RICH thinking differently about Dow, to me

All clubs think all 60+ Draft picks will make the grade at AFL level .....we know thats not grounded in reality

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's very hard to say Kemp over Worrell and Schoenberg.

Both look like they have the tools blossom into top players. I mean, so does Kemp, but 2 v 1.
2 v 1 doesn't always work...
Dangerfield v Milera, Gore
Menzel v Kerridge, Sier (via trades)

I think the Crows are potentially in a fantastic position once the 2020 Trade and Draft comes around.

There'll be a lot of clubs looking to shuffle up and down the order to either maximise picks before bids come, look to accumulate more points or just try to improve their position in the pecking order. There'll also be the option of trading in some players from teams such as Melbourne or GWS who may try to buy their way back into the 1st Round or need to tinker with their list due to salary cap restrictions.

Hopefully your List Management Team shows some innovation, imagination and applies some left-field thinking to make the most of this hand. The potential is there to have three 1st Rounders in 2020 (2 inside the Top 10) and defer another to 2021. You'll all have a lot to look forward to over the next couple of years.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the Crows are potentially in a fantastic position once the 2020 Trade and Draft comes around.

There'll be a lot of clubs looking to shuffle up and down the order to either maximise picks before bids come, look to accumulate more points or just try to improve their position in the pecking order. There'll also be the option of trading in some players from teams such as Melbourne or GWS who may try to buy their way back into the 1st Round or need to tinker with their list due to salary cap restrictions.

Hopefully your List Management Team shows some innovation, imagination and applies some left-field thinking to make the most of this hand. The potential is there to have three 1st Rounders in 2020 (2 inside the Top 10) and defer another to 2021. You'll all have a lot to look forward to over the next couple of years.

The club mentioned that we might go the other way, try and bring our 2021 first rounder into next year, spicing things up even more!

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mutineer what's your early thoughts on Jack Tillig's draft chances next year?
I think there's 3 GWV Rebels in contention for this draft at this point on what I saw this year, clearly East Point FC/Geelong Grammar's Nick Stevens is the standout and could possibly be a 1st round contender even this far out, East Point FC's Harry Sharp and St. Arnaud's Jack Tillig also showed quite a bit of talent at different times throughout 2019. Hopefully if Harry and Jack elevate their form next year they'll get an invite into the AFL ACADEMY Hub training squad with Nick being the only Rebel in the 21 man Vic Country squad at present. I reckon Jack might transition from playing mainly down back into the Rebels midfield in 2020 so that should give him the opportunity to get noticed more.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Thanks, yes we've got a few NGA / FS picks next year, and we've got a huge draft hand to play with, I'm quite happy with our drafting/trading team's ability, so really looking forward to next year, especially if we fall off a cliff during the playing season

No Tariek Newchurch?
WHICH 2020 PROSPECTS ARE TRAINING AT YOUR CLUB?
Adelaide:
Corey Durdin, James Borlase, Luke Edwards, Kane Baldwin
Brisbane: Blake Coleman, Saxon Crozier, Carter Michael
Carlton: Henry Walsh, Noah Gribble, Nikolas Cox
Collingwood: Eddie Ford, Reef McInnes
Essendon: Cody Brand, Josh Treacy, Josh Eyre
Fremantle: Joel Western, Jack Carroll, Brandon Walker, Shannon Neale, Denver Grainer-Barass
Geelong: Tanner Bruhn, Oliver Henry, Nick Stevens
Gold Coast: Alex Davies, Joel Jeffrey, Brodie Lake
Greater Western Sydney: Joshua Green
Hawthorn: Connor Downie, Will Parker, Zach Reid
Melbourne: Ollie Lord, Will Phillips
North Melbourne: Sam Collins, Jackson Callow, Oliver Davis, Patrick Walker, Sam Banks (2021 draft)
Port Adelaide: Henry Smith, Lachlan Jones, Zac Dumesny, Taj Schofield, Riley Thilthorpe
Richmond: Xavier Maher, Elijah Hollands
St Kilda: Jake Bowey, Archie Perkins
Sydney: Braeden Campbell, Errol Gulden
West Coast: Nathan O'Driscoll, Heath Chapman, Blake Morris, Logan McDonald, Zane Trew
Western Bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Finlay Macrae, Cody Raak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back