Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah the Melbourne one is boring. They had three picks and took them, couldn't get any deals done because their other picks suck.

Would love to see a Carlton one

Boring?
They were shitting themselves that Pickett would be taken by Carlton and Georgiades may slip to them possibly even Robertson.
It's only part 1 but I find it fascinating.

"Oh Shite, they took Stephens."
* I wish they did one, just to shut you up.

Had to laugh that you’ve used the video of us after Stephens was selected as proof.

What you’ve ignored is that it was with 1.30 to go on our 5 minutes and we were in discussions about trading for pick 9.

fu** I wish they did one, just to shut you up.

Had to laugh that you’ve used the video of us after Stephens was selected as proof.

What you’ve ignored is that it was with 1.30 to go on our 5 minutes and we were in discussions about trading for pick 9.

What happened to you, you use to be so unbias?

I wouldn't mind seeing an hour or two long doco on the draft nights, eagerly waiting to see Carlton's to see if they were just buying time with the academy bids they placed.

Last edited:
not sure where to post, but this are great:

Just on the photograph for that video, that's some horrendously un-team like body language being shown there.... all those folded arms. Without more context its hard to say that it is a team not in harmony, but next year's Melb performance will be one thing I'll be very keenly watching now.

Just on the photograph for that video, that's some horrendously un-team like body language being shown there.... all those folded arms. Without more context its hard to say that it is a team not in harmony, but next year's Melb performance will be one thing I'll be very keenly watching now.
that was the first thing i noticed too.
gut feeling is Goodwin is out of his depth like Sando/Burton etc

Seems like the coach is only there out of courtesy- they don't add any value
Thought the same

But also thought Goodwin should realise that and pipe down. Chipping in with little nothing comments as though he intimately knows the players they're talking about makes him sound lightweight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the same

But also thought Goodwin should realise that and pipe down. Chipping in with little nothing comments as though he intimately knows the players they're talking about makes him sound lightweight
I noticed that with our draft room. Nicks was hanging in the back with Phil Harper while Hamish, Binuk, Reid and the other recruiters were all seated up front.

that was the first thing i noticed too.
gut feeling is Goodwin is out of his depth like Sando/Burton etc
Seems like the coach is only there ot of courtesy- they don't add any value
Thought the same

Insecurity there

Probably these 5 would head up my list at this point, most would think that's a bit high for Macrae and Bruhn especially but I really rate them, Bruhn just needs to be injury free and fit and then I think he will elevate up the rankings.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Athletic Key Forward - Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Country [W. Bulldogs]
Will Phillips - Inside mid - Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Alex Davies - Balanced Mid - Manunda Hawks/Cairns - Allies [Gold Coast Suns]
Elijah Hollands - Mid/forward - Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country
Finlay Macrae - Inside/outside mid - Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Tanner Bruhn - Balanced Mid - Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Might go check out this Alex Davies.
since I live in Cairns.

All_In just wrote to me IRL and said that

Also Deaneus the Magnificent, just heard an interesting interview with Matt Rendell on SEN. I only caught the last of it, but it appears as though a club ‘didn’t seem to keep a promise’ and Adelaide got shafted with one of its picks. I am assuming it was the most recent draft and the reason they all looked a little dumfounded when their first selection came about, but it may have also been something in the past (when he was there). GWS and Ash?

This is the first I've heard of it... I do recall in Rendells' first draft, the Bulldogs pulled a swifty on us and we agreed to a swap of stuff for a second round pick; then they went and brought in a late second round pick instead of their early one and gave us that instead. Anyone know what this is about?

Also Deaneus the Magnificent, just heard an interesting interview with Matt Rendell on SEN. I only caught the last of it, but it appears as though a club ‘didn’t seem to keep a promise’ and Adelaide got shafted with one of its picks. I am assuming it was the most recent draft and the reason they all looked a little dumfounded when their first selection came about, but it may have also been something in the past (when he was there). GWS and Ash?

This is the first I've heard of it... I do recall in Rendells' first draft, the Bulldogs pulled a swifty on us and we agreed to a swap of stuff for a second round pick; then they went and brought in a late second round pick instead of their early one and gave us that instead. Anyone know what this is about?
There's no reference to Rendell on the sen site since Dec...and that's an article mot audio

Stephens? heh

marty36 Heard today one of my GWV Rebels/Vic Country 18 year old lads Mitch Martin is heading over to Adelaide to play for the Bays in the 2020 season after missing out in the draft. He goes alright, very clever medium forward with a nice side step, good skills and a long accurate shot for goal. Probably starts in the 2's until he builds his tank which is about his only real weakness, not overly quick but more than makes up for that with his excellent footy I.Q. Keep an eye out for him at the games you attend.

marty36 Heard today one of my GWV Rebels/Vic Country 18 year old lads Mitch Martin is heading over to Adelaide to play for the Bays in the 2020 season after missing out in the draft. He goes alright, very clever medium forward with a nice side step, good skills and a long accurate shot for goal. Probably starts in the 2's until he builds his tank which is about his only real weakness, not overly quick but more than makes up for that with his excellent footy I.Q. Keep an eye out for him at the games you attend.
Looks like there's been a few players coming down to the SANFL.

Jai Nanscawaen joining the Bulldogs from Dandenong Stingrays
Gleneg got Luke Parks from the Swans academy, Martin like you mentioned and Angus Cole from the Bendigo Pioneers.
Westies got both Hamish Ellem and Kyle Martin from the Swans academy.

Looks like there's been a few players coming down to the SANFL.

Jai Nanscawaen joining the Bulldogs from Dandenong Stingrays
Gleneg got Luke Parks from the Swans academy, Martin like you mentioned and Angus Cole from the Bendigo Pioneers.
Westies got both Hamish Ellem and Kyle Martin from the Swans academy.
Bold move by the lads to move over and out of their comfort zone IMO but I guess they still have the fire in the belly to make it onto an AFL list. Mitch is a Horsham lad so he's half way there already. :)

Bold move by the lads to move over and out of their comfort zone IMO but I guess they still have the fire in the belly to make it onto an AFL list. Mitch is a Horsham lad so he's half way there already. :)
Hamish Ellem captures the eye based on his physical stats. 196cm, 105kgs and has a 3 second 20m sprint.

It's great for the lads and the SANFL imo.

They get to move out of home and start leading their lives, while also developing their game and hopefully knocking on the door of the AFL talent scouts.

If the SANFL promote this, it would genuinely give a serious injection of young talent to the comp and subsequently the intrigue from around the country will increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back