List Mgmt. 2020 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Draft Tracker
He was quick and could spread Dane Zorko wouldn't be any bigger than that and he goes okay. He was a little bull-man. I reckon them getting Mitchell didn't help him, it kept him out of the firsts team. I read an article and he's supposed to be the best player in Tasmanian footy right now.
Zorko is a bit of a freak though. It's got a bit of the Paddy Cripps' about it. Coz, same height...

Prestia the closest, but 174cm is Lonie/Daniel territory.
Just my opinion, but we do need some size in our inside mids.
Gresh, Byrnes and Jones are shortish, Steele, Hunter, Bytel and Ross are around about average at 187-188cm.

Maybe a rookie spot for your boy...

Fair point mate.

Didn't I read not long ago that they were changing the rules?
There has been some discussion that they will. Potentially looking at removing clubs ability to take academy players bid on in the first round, or also looking at removing the discount on academy kids all together.

But this is just for the NGA ones and doesn't address the ridiculous free hit that Sydney seem to be getting every year.

Hopefully at most is removing the discount. While it would be unfortunate the NGA probably doesn't need to exist in its current form. Hopefully they allow clubs to take players they've already out time into with it without the discount.

I know it's a fair way off, but what area in the draft would you expect him to fall in his drsft year?

Are we talking top end talent?
It’s a very strong draft so it’s hard to rate him of the one game I’ve seen, he would be 30+ at this stage but has shown some good signs to be seen as draftable

There has been some discussion that they will. Potentially looking at removing clubs ability to take academy players bid on in the first round, or also looking at removing the discount on academy kids all together.

But this is just for the NGA ones and doesn't address the ridiculous free hit that Sydney seem to be getting every year.
Yeah I've been saying for years there is no need to the discount. Getting the opportunity to either take the kid or not is enough.

Yeah I've been saying for years there is no need to the discount. Getting the opportunity to either take the kid or not is enough.

Dogs have done extremely well with FS pick ups, they must have about 6 of them and now getting the Buddy equivalent super cheap which leads to the AFL to closing up the exploitation of it.

WDiQJYe.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me the discount isn’t really the issue. It’s the ability to pay for it with garbage picks. If they went back to something like the old model, then I’d have much less issue with the academies.

Club is very excited about Jack and its easy to see why. Here is the tape from the All Star game tonight. Would advise anyone interested to skip to 12 minutes and 50 seconds in. Jack runs from end to end after a really smooth pick up and kicks a lovely goal.
While he is slight in build he's not afraid and the 26 tackles in a schoolboys game mentioned above showcases that. Exciting to follow his progress next year.

Club is very excited about Jack and its easy to see why. Here is the tape from the All Star game tonight. Would advise anyone interested to skip to 12 minutes and 50 seconds in. Jack runs from end to end after a really smooth pick up and kicks a lovely goal.
While he is slight in build he's not afraid and the 26 tackles in a schoolboys game mentioned above showcases that. Exciting to follow his progress next year.

commentator was pumped :drunk:

Last year was a good indicator of how a bunch of FS/NFA selections can effect the later rounds.
Leo Connolly was taken 2nd last at p64 which came in 12 places from p76.

Most of the draft gurus also seem to think that not much more than 40 players will be taken this year too.

Why am l rambling this rubbish?
I'd say our 4th round picks, tied to Syd and Port, will both probably now land in the 3rd round.

1st for Caldwell, with a second back.
2nd for RCD
Draft a couple of 3rd rounders.

Seems like a really good outcome to me.

He's a good athlete but not a good footballer so don't get too excited. The one that we miss out on is Joel Jeffrey, his Dad Russell was a good player for us for 42 games.

Watched the all stars game and thought Peris was average at best in what was a very poor standard game. As expected Very quick but saw nothing to suggest he was anything special . Young Joel Jeffrey on the other hand looks good.

Only one game and think with his skill set he would be better in a more structured NAB league or APS game.

Watched the all stars game and thought Peris was average at best in what was a very poor standard game. As expected Very quick but saw nothing to suggest he was anything special . Young Joel Jeffrey on the other hand looks good.

Only one game and think with his skill set he would be better in a more structured NAB league or APS game.
don't forget he hasn't been able to play footy for more than a year, as is the case with most of the kids due to Covid. So you would excuse a little bit of rust

Dogs have done extremely well with FS pick ups, they must have about 6 of them and now getting the Buddy equivalent super cheap which leads to the AFL to closing up the exploitation of it.
And Collingwood!

Darcy Moore, Tyler and Callum Brown, Josh and Nick Daicos, Will Kelly Isaac Quaynor and now another top 10 NGA in Reef McInnes. Talk about gifted

Maybe the AFL can close the discount after a club has claimed it X times. Can't change the past but means all teams get the advantage more equally.

The cynic in me knows we're going to get screwed on young Jack Peris though. Just watch

I would be interested to hear what WAFL watchers think about Bolton?

He has been very good in arguably the second best league in the land for years but still can't seem to attract any interest. What is the problem? too slow? he looks a good size and his numbers are great.

How would you say he compares as a squad player when compared to Dunstan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back