List Mgmt. 2020 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Draft Tracker
I would be interested to hear what WAFL watchers think about Bolton?

He has been very good in arguably the second best league in the land for years but still can't seem to attract any interest. What is the problem? too slow? he looks a good size and his numbers are great.

How would you say he compares as a squad player when compared to Dunstan?
I was surprised he didn't get another gig after his first Sandover, but he'll be 29 next year.

We won't know until we play them. Rowell three games in looks like he's going to be a generational player. Walsh came in and looked like he would be at least A grade from his first game. Phillips sounds like a plug and play inside mid. Perkins looks good but sounds more like a Gresham hybrid forward mid. I have usually got a bit of an idea by this point from footage and reports. Without TAC games and club footy nothing is coming out. It's a bit of a lottery because of that. No one has shot up the order.
I have watched highlights of Perkins & Eddie Ford. Not sure where he sits, but Ford's highlights were very impressive. Down as a H.F, but looks to me like he could be a big-bodied mid-fielder down the track. Model's his game on Nat Fyfe.

I have watched highlights of Perkins & Eddie Ford. Not sure where he sits, but Ford's highlights were very impressive. Down as a H.F, but looks to me like he could be a big-bodied mid-fielder down the track. Model's his game on Nat Fyfe.
Ford looks the better of those two and by a fair way id say

Well i just looked up Draft Central and he has Perkins a fair bit in front of Ford so either he has no idea or i dont but going by the highlights Ford is way in front IMO

Ford looks the better of those two and by a fair way id say

Well i just looked up Draft Central and he has Perkins a fair bit in front of Ford so either he has no idea or i dont but going by the highlights Ford is way in front IMO
I just looked up Draft Central and saw this:

OU9s0WR.jpg

Done deal. Select Ford and let him bunk in with Caldwell 😃

How about Henry Walsh to solve our future ruck issue.
Then just suggest Sam comes over for some brotherly love.

We have a project ruck already. I'd look at Brayden Crossley, he's a beast and could get on to Hanners for nose beers. Already a bit older (21) and bigger and would cost nothing. He'd only played a few games as understudy to Witts and kicked 5.7 in his 10 games. He was a big lad too around 2 meters and over 100kegs. Think a young Mumford. Actually listed at 198cm and 102kgs, Mummy 199 and 108kgs.

We have a project ruck already. I'd look at Brayden Crossley, he's a beast and could get on to Hanners for nose beers. Already a bit older (21) and bigger and would cost nothing. He'd only played a few games as understudy to Witts and kicked 5.7 in his 10 games. He was a big lad too around 2 meters and over 100kegs. Think a young Mumford. Actually listed at 198cm and 102kgs, Mummy 199 and 108kgs.
Is he gettable though?
Not convinced we have a project ruck. Think the aim would be for Bell to play fwd more than ruck.
Unless you are talking about Alabakis in which case no we dont. He sounds a mile off.
I still think we need another younger ruck to get a few games into next year and maybe the year after with 2022-23 to be taking over Ryder.

Is he gettable though?
Not convinced we have a project ruck. Think the aim would be for Bell to play fwd more than ruck.
Unless you are talking about Alabakis in which case no we dont. He sounds a mile off.
I still think we need another younger ruck to get a few games into next year and maybe the year after with 2022-23 to be taking over Ryder.

No Bell was who I was talking, he probably plays similar to Marshall long term I imagine. Is Walsh's brother meant to go high in the draft? The rucks don't usually hit their straps until mid 20s.

No Bell was who I was talking, he probably plays similar to Marshall long term I imagine. Is Walsh's brother meant to go high in the draft? The rucks don't usually hit their straps until mid 20s.
He just popped on Twomey's 25-40 mark.

Henry Walsh

202cm/86kg
27/6/02
Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Ruck

An aggressive, competitive big man who enjoys to follow up at ground level after the ruck contests. Walsh led Vic Country's midfield in the ruck last season as a bottom-ager and has added strength and size to his frame this year. The younger brother of Carlton's No.1 pick Sam.

I wonder if we might look at another KPF in the draft, K.Baldwin, J.Callow or J.Treacy. All boy men.

I'm going to have a stab at a mock Draft & Trade haul, from my own research & from listening to other's at the forum. Trade Ins: B.Brown, J.Caldwell, B.Ronke. Draft: K.Baldwin- KPF\B, (take the risk, on his talent & will probably slide out, so could be a bargain), J.Bowey- small mid., B.Crossley-Ruck, E.Ford-Med.H.F\Mid., From my ideal, will have to trade Dunstan & Lonie, to acquire some of these picks. So with, list reduction, 7 player's in, 10 out. I reckon Parker & Phillips, might get the cut, unless we can trade them for something?

Last edited:
Club is very excited about Jack and its easy to see why. Here is the tape from the All Star game tonight. Would advise anyone interested to skip to 12 minutes and 50 seconds in. Jack runs from end to end after a really smooth pick up and kicks a lovely goal.
While he is slight in build he's not afraid and the 26 tackles in a schoolboys game mentioned above showcases that. Exciting to follow his progress next year.

Is this a typo or did he really lay 26 tackles in a single game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to have a stab at a mock Draft & Trade haul, from my own research & from listening to other's at the forum. Trade Ins: B.Brown, J.Caldwell, B.Ronke. Draft: K.Baldwin- KPF\B, (take the risk, on his talent & will probably slide out, so could be a bargain), J.Bowey- small mid., B.Crossley-Ruck, E.Ford-Med.H.F\Mid., From my ideal, will have to trade Dunstan & Lonie, to acquire some of these picks. So with, list reduction, 7 player's in, 10 out. I reckon Parker & Phillips, might get the cut, unless we can trade them for something?
If we could come away from this draft with Eddie Ford and no one else, I'd consider that a win.
Prepare to be very disappointed...

I’ve never followed or paid attention to the draft kids but Eddie Ford looks exciting - watched a few highlights and he looks good. If he’s gonna be a late-ish pick, might be some potential there at a small cost!

A little snippet from one of the draft threads.

"adding this round 3 first pick in for you all because i have heard whispers very recently that Collingwood really like big Maxy, as do St Kilda.
ROUND 3

:collingwood:
Max Heath"

Ruckman for the Sandy Dragons
202cm, 87kg.

Wouldn't come in as our best looking ruck either. .

A little snippet from one of the draft threads.

"adding this round 3 first pick in for you all because i have heard whispers very recently that Collingwood really like big Maxy, as do St Kilda.
ROUND 3

:collingwood:
Max Heath"

Ruckman for the Sandy Dragons
202cm, 87kg.

Wouldn't come in as our best looking ruck either. .
Nickname can be Max Health / medpack

Hey gringo2011 have you sent an email off to Chris Liberatore about Crossley?
I sent one a couple of seasons ago about a bloke I thought would go ok, he replied that he would look into him.
Fortunately we didn’t recruit him,unfortunately the player didn’t reach those acclaimed heights.

Hey gringo2011 have you sent an email off to Chris Liberatore about Crossley?
I sent one a couple of seasons ago about a bloke I thought would go ok, he replied that he would look into him.
Fortunately we didn’t recruit him,unfortunately the player didn’t reach those acclaimed heights.

I'm much too disorganised to do that.

Most clubs have a tendency to undervalue kids “right under their nose” , and we have done it with the Sandy Dragons for years. Talk of ‘Max’ Heath reminds me of us taking Nicholas Winmar at pick 32 odd , and overlooking young ‘Max’ Gawn of the Sandy Dragons , who was taken a few picks later. S***house.

I hope the AFL offer a concession, that along with the list reduction , we don't need to take a full compliment in the draft this year.
I think i'd rather keep most of our players than delist them to make room for some kid we take in the 4th round.

I hope the AFL offer a concession, that along with the list reduction , we don't need to take a full compliment in the draft this year.
I think i'd rather keep most of our players than delist them to make room for some kid we take in the 4th round.
You'd think is has to be the case and two minimum is the word on the street.
If we hang on to Wilkie and Marsh they'll need to be upgraded from the rookie list, so there's our two picks.

You'd think is has to be the case and two minimum is the word on the street.
If we hang on to Wilkie and Marsh they'll need to be upgraded from the rookie list, so there's our two picks.
Only one upgrade counts towards to minimum picks, would still need to draft another

Remove this Banner Ad

Back