List Mgmt. 2020 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Draft Tracker
I reckon there is about 75% of the top twenty will be Hugh Goddard’s. Touted as top picks (#1) in their under age years.
We got an absolute Cracker!!!!

I reckon there is about 75% of the top twenty will be Hugh Goddard’s. Touted as top picks (#1) in their under age years.
We got an absolute Cracker!!!!

I hope you're right, but I wonder what you base your confidence on?

Go ahead sir, excite me

I saw on one site where they were nominating the best number one pick, and they gave it to Luke Hodge over Roo. Hodge was not even the best player from his draft, That would have to be Judd.
Nick was easily the better player while Hodge had more accolades thanks to the Hawthorn premierships.

Is that the list that had Rowell in 3rd? Hard to take something seriously that puts a 5 gamer ahead of players like Goddard, Whitfield and Deledio

No, I don't think he is a bust. Below expectations maybe. The context of my post - it was response to someone who posted about someone in the media saying Doggies won the draft because they got the best player. On the journalists logic, Saints would have been 3rd in the 2013 draft because we got Billings. If you review the 2013 draft today, Billings is not the 3rd best player that year, he is probably closer to 6th or 7th.

My point is, you can't "win" the draft simply by having the higher picks.

I actually don't think Ball was a stuff up. Before he got OP he was going to be anything and his 04 and 05 had him at that time easily 2nd best player from that draft. Hodge really only came on from 06/07.

It's just click bait by journos with nothing to do for a couple of months. Giving a club an A+ rating when they have three picks in the top 10 is a little bit predictable. If they wanted to write something worthwhile it should be an assessment of a club's combined trade/draft period, balancing up the ins and outs and the overall effect on their list. Collingwood and Essendon would barely get a pass mark.

As you and several other posters have said the merit of draft night won't be seen for a couple of seasons at least.

On that score James Hird (pick 79) and Dane Swan (58) say hello.

How about the expression on Bruhn when he got picked by greater waste of space, poor guy at least 2 painful years in western Sydney. I would refer to do 3 months in maximum security than play for GWS.
i think thats really poor... i know the kid was in shock and he prob dealt with that shock differantly to the other guys who were jumping up and down with excitment but i think he will kinda wish he did that a little differant...
i hate these so called stories of players being upset about being drafted to another state especially this year.. these kids need to realise they are getting an opportunity thousands of kids wish they were getting, and this year with quality players getting cut for list reduction its a fair kick in the guts for them ...
i dont think Bruhn was wanting to give off that look of disapointment but thats how it came across and you gotta think if that spot or opportunity was given to say Matty Parker he would have been over the moon to play anywhere for anyone ...

i think thats really poor... i know the kid was in shock and he prob dealt with that shock differantly to the other guys who were jumping up and down with excitment but i think he will kinda wish he did that a little differant...
i hate these so called stories of players being upset about being drafted to another state especially this year.. these kids need to realise they are getting an opportunity thousands of kids wish they were getting, and this year with quality players getting cut for list reduction its a fair kick in the guts for them ...
i dont think Bruhn was wanting to give off that look of disapointment but thats how it came across and you gotta think if that spot or opportunity was given to say Matty Parker he would have been over the moon to play anywhere for anyone ...

I had a bit of a laugh when I saw that footage. But I have to be honest, if I were in that situation, and I was drafted to St Kilda, I would probably have had a similar look on my face. I'm a pretty reserved character, particularly when I'm in a public environment and can have a bit of a stoic demeanor.

It's fun to have a bit of a laugh, but I don't think that footage is proof that he is dissatisfied with being drafted by the giants, I reckon he would have had the same look if he got drafted to the team he supported growing up.

My two cents on the draft. Everyone was commenting on how much it would be a mystery draft, thanks Covvy. But it fell down to Saints to make a true Moneyball call. Loved the"experts" being lost for words or opinions. Loved the BF melts. Darren O'Shaughnessy is quietly going about running all sorts of data and building a champion team. He's not interested in names. This draft has his finger prints all over it. Reckon Wilkie 2.0 wiil be another one other clubs will be asking internally, "who FFS missed this guy?"

On moto g(7) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

So we are looking for a developing ruck and KPF, have 3 list spots available but don't take a chance on Jackson Callow &/or Max Heath in the rookie draft.
Why dump Savage, Marsh or any other fringe player if that was going to be the case?
What are they trying to do with the list?
I don't understand....

My two cents on the draft. Everyone was commenting on how much it would be a mystery draft, thanks Covvy. But it fell down to Saints to make a true Moneyball call. Loved the"experts" being lost for words or opinions. Loved the BF melts. Darren O'Shaughnessy is quietly going about running all sorts of data and building a champion team. He's not interested in names. This draft has his finger prints all over it. Reckon Wilkie 2.0 wiil be another one other clubs will be asking internally, "who FFS missed this guy?"

On moto g(7) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get Wilkie II but Allison is still a weird one, his stats don't look like dazzlers work. Looks like a development project, he seems a great kid though so really hope he surprises me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get Wilkie II but Allison is still a weird one, his stats don't look like dazzlers work. Looks like a development project, he seems a great kid though so really hope he surprises me.

I haven't seen his numbers, but I did read a lot of the articles discussing who picked whom and I noted there wasnt the widespread condemnation I expected about Allison.

Many actually thought it was a shrewd selection. So whilst he may have gone a tad early I don't think he's been considered a massive reach by any means

In Gaggs I trust

So, that's that...I'm a little confused by the selections, just as I was confused by a couple of the delistings. It's not my job to make sense of it...just surprised that no quick nuggety Winmar-esque inside/outside mid was taken 😉
Anyway, noticed Paddy McCartin didn't make it onto a list. Poor bugger...probably curtains for the bloke now.
Bring on 2021.
Think So

So we are looking for a developing ruck and KPF, have 3 list spots available but don't take a chance on Jackson Callow &/or Max Heath in the rookie draft.
Why dump Savage, Marsh or any other fringe player if that was going to be the case?
I don't understand....
I'm like you a bit confused but maybe and I mean maybe, we are putting into place the things we learnt from the hub and previous seasons with Parker, White, Marsh, Abbott, Bell, Austin and Hind. Get whomever in for 2 months see how they fit in with the group, the emphasis on the complete footballer rather than what seemed like a good idea at the time and really crunch the numbers on what they can do. We still have Dmac, Roberton, Webster, Joyce, and Alabakis who could all not be in contention for a senior game next year on the list, with covid really cutting the information down from a normal year, lets use every opportunity to not waste a spot .

In short we may be looking to get as much info on players as we can before committing to someone that is marginal to play seniors

They need to harden up.

I don't understand....

The list for 2021 isn’t finalised yet.

3 spots to fill.

That could mean any of the names you have mentioned end up in RWB.

Very smart list management IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘You look at James Frawley, Paddy Ryder, Jake Carlisle, Jarryn Geary and Dan Hannebery, there’s going to be some big holes in the future if they don’t attack the draft’

According to a secret scout. Got to have a giggle at that. Frawley and Geary leaving massive holes? Christ.

‘You look at James Frawley, Paddy Ryder, Jake Carlisle, Jarryn Geary and Dan Hannebery, there’s going to be some big holes in the future if they don’t attack the draft’

According to a secret scout. Got to have a giggle at that. Frawley and Geary leaving massive holes? Christ.
Hanners as well.

Yes, he was very good in our finals win and his experience in those types of games was evident but it's not like he has played much for us and been a key reason why we made finals in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back