List Mgmt. 2020 Draft

Live Draft Tracker

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
There are actually a lot of good inside mids this year Will Phillips got a comparison to Rowell in impact. Macrae is meant to be the same as his big brother, Bruhn and Berry also inside mids of high caliber.
Yeah it seems like it. I'm just not convinced we need them if we consider Hunter, Bytel and Byrnes, whilst converting Gresh and looking for a mature unit or two.
Anyways, just my opinion but would be steering clear of Philips. Top 5 looks pretty naff this year so I'm claiming Perkins..

Yeah it seems like it. I'm just not convinced we need them if we consider Hunter, Bytel and Byrnes, whilst converting Gresh and looking for a mature unit or two.
Anyways, just my opinion but would be steering clear of Philips. Top 5 looks pretty naff this year so I'm claiming Perkins..

We won't know until we play them. Rowell three games in looks like he's going to be a generational player. Walsh came in and looked like he would be at least A grade from his first game. Phillips sounds like a plug and play inside mid. Perkins looks good but sounds more like a Gresham hybrid forward mid. I have usually got a bit of an idea by this point from footage and reports. Without TAC games and club footy nothing is coming out. It's a bit of a lottery because of that. No one has shot up the order.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
We won't know until we play them. Rowell three games in looks like he's going to be a generational player. Walsh came in and looked like he would be at least A grade from his first game. Phillips sounds like a plug and play inside mid. Perkins looks good but sounds more like a Gresham hybrid forward mid. I have usually got a bit of an idea by this point from footage and reports. Without TAC games and club footy nothing is coming out. It's a bit of a lottery because of that. No one has shot up the order.
It looks like the carnivals will hopefully go ahead so there will be something to see prior to the draft, whenever that is.

Our talent scouts will still have a reasonable idea who they're looking at but from the u17s in the OP, l didn't see anything that made me think wow..

I don't know what trade season is going to look like for us, but there's 6-7 to delist and 4 rookies to upgrade, and how that will gel if lists are reduced I've no idea.

I believe the rookie upgrades will suffice for our minimum list turnover, so l think we "could" draft zero players and top up using rookies and DFAs.
I can see some serious merit in doing this actually.

With all the NGAs this year the two desirable commodities are top 10, and late picks for points value, so it's worked out very well for us in what is supposed to be a poor draft year..

View attachment 879994

Updated ranking from eDPS

freo inline for another high academy player. someone who again would have already been in the WAFL system. what a joke.

remind me again how many our zone is producing... oh yeah thats right!

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
freo inline for another high academy player. someone who again would have already been in the WAFL system. what a joke.

remind me again how many our zone is producing... oh yeah thats right!
We have the best footy area in the state. Maybe we aren’t working hard enough. Or maybe the afl don’t like us.

We have the best footy area in the state. Maybe we aren’t working hard enough. Or maybe the afl don’t like us.

maybe the idea behind the acadamies were just inherently flawed when it came to equalisation within the competition. like what benefit do you actually see from them that means a club should get access to them?

it's a piss take. these players were already in the system they were already high potential prospects. i don't see what benefit the clubs are adding to the high end talent. i get it for the marginal talent, but not bonafide first and 2nd rounders.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
maybe the idea behind the acadamies were just inherently flawed when it came to equalisation within the competition. like what benefit do you actually see from them that means a club should get access to them?

it's a piss take. these players were already in the system they were already high potential prospects. i don't see what benefit the clubs are adding to the high end talent. i get it for the marginal talent, but not bonafide first and 2nd rounders.
So why can’t we get players like that as well? The world is falling down.

So why can’t we get players like that as well? The world is falling down.

put it this way how many indigenous multicultural top 10 picks has our region produced BEFORE the zones came into place? now do the same for each of the WA regions which has been split between two clubs!

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda

I think not going to the draft after genuine midfielders is a mistake we have made far too often, and I hope it changes. We still need those elite midfield players and the draft is where you find them lets back our current recruitment team to do their job!

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think not going to the draft after genuine midfielders is a mistake we have made far too often, and I hope it changes. We still need those elite midfield players and the draft is where you find them lets back our current recruitment team to do their job!
I just have doubts over this year's crop, and in no way do l disagree with what you've said.

I'm just trying to take an overall perspective because our list has more than one issue and a draftee is always a gamble.

Interestingly the draft watcher eDPS who's ratings l repost recently did a mock draft and gave us Perkins, who is a Sandy boy luckily.
He was one of only 3 that stood out in the only footage I've yet seen, and l really like his footy bio.

As a policy we need to focus more on mids, but not to the point we're blinded to other opportunities.

My logic is that we're going to be best served by moving a few places down the draft because I'm not a big wrap on the top 10 so far for needs or talent, and clubs wishing to move up in the draft will pay handsomely to do so. Around pick 12 seems good to me, and Perkins or Trew are there abouts, and we could graft a 2nd round pick for use elsewhere.

RMD 15 06 20.PNG

Last edited:

When?
WHo should we have drafted instead of Clark/Coffield? Bonar?

Should we have passed on King?
Gresham the wrong pick?

I decided to watch the Allstars match again. Jeeeesus Brayden Campbell from the Swans academy looks a superstar in the first 10 minutes. First clearance first goal. Looks like an absolute gun.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Are there any Murray bushranger players up there for getting drafted? Obviously Elijah Holland’s is a clear top 3 pick but is there any other players that have a chance of getting picked?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Head to the main board.
There doesn't seem to be any other bushrangers in the top 20 though.

Are there any Murray bushranger players up there for getting drafted? Obviously Elijah Holland’s is a clear top 3 pick but is there any other players that have a chance of getting picked?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm an amateur draft watcher try Knightmare on his phantom draft. He's actually pretty good at answering questions for people.

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
What is Brett Voss's sons name - is he draft age this year?

WESTERN JETS 3.2 | 4.4 | 12.5 | 12.7 (79)
SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS 3.2 | 5.6 | 6.7 | 10.10 (70)

Goals:

Western:
A. Clarke 3, L. Failli 3, A. Manton 2, H. White, W. Kennedy, L. Green, J. Horo.
Sandringham:
C. Dean 2, H. Ralphsmith 2, B. O’Leary 2, R. Byrnes, F. Maginness, K. Yorke, J. Worrell.

Best:

Western:
W. Kennedy, C. Raak, J. Honey, J. Horo, B. Ryan, A. Clarke
Sandringham:
H. Ralphsmith, L. Carrigan, J. Voss, N. Burke, B. O’Leary, C. Dean

Ekomaira

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
What is Brett Voss's sons name - is he draft age this year?

WESTERN JETS 3.2 | 4.4 | 12.5 | 12.7 (79)
SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS 3.2 | 5.6 | 6.7 | 10.10 (70)

Goals:

Western:
A. Clarke 3, L. Failli 3, A. Manton 2, H. White, W. Kennedy, L. Green, J. Horo.
Sandringham: C. Dean 2, H. Ralphsmith 2, B. O’Leary 2, R. Byrnes, F. Maginness, K. Yorke, J. Worrell.

Best:

Western:
W. Kennedy, C. Raak, J. Honey, J. Horo, B. Ryan, A. Clarke
Sandringham: H. Ralphsmith, L. Carrigan, J. Voss, N. Burke, B. O’Leary, C. Dean
Jackson. I'm pretty sure he is this year, but not 100% sure. might have even been last year

Edit: oh he's named in the bests there, maybe he is this year

Double edit: not sure how Burkey's still getting a game in the under agers!

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jackson. I'm pretty sure he is this year, but not 100% sure. might have even been last year

Edit: oh he's named in the bests there, maybe he is this year

Double edit: not sure how Burkey's still getting a game in the under agers!

Jackson might be a chance as a father-son this year, thats a positive.

Back