Competitions 2020 e-AFL season - Round 11 vs St Kilda this Saturday!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

With the unfortunate but necessary postponement of the AFL season for at least 60 days, it's been decided that we will run a simulated AFL season on the main AFL board using the Qooty program created by the legendary Mobbs.

The program is a text based AFL simulator, an example of said text can be found in the thread. Some of you may be familiar with said program as we had a Qooty tour game on this board last year.

The premise of this competition is the same except for instead of having posters as the players we're using the 2020 squad.

Each week we need to decide on a group of 20 Hawks players to take on and dominate the competition! Some more details on the program and how the season will be run can be found here:

At the end of the season there will be a premier, Brownlow winner, Coleman winner and a Norm Smith medal. Hopefully all of these positions are filled by Hawks.
I have volunteered to be the coach of the Hawthorn side. All this means is that I will be the one submitting our team sheet for each round, but I will be looking to you all to help me out with what changes we think need to be made or should be made.
For round 1 we will just use the named teams (minus two from the bench, as Qooty only needs 20 players).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Let's try and bring some of the excitement that footy would normally bring in this troubling time.

Some more links
AFL board main thread
Hawks match thread one (We're playing Richmond at 7PM on Saturday night but the time and day of games varies)
Sweet F.A. sign up thread (This is a separate Qooty league which has nothing to do with this competition but it uses the same simulator and it'd be great to get you involved in it too!)

Who should be in our squad this week? Post suggestions below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawthorn's first game versus Richmond is scheduled for 7 pm on Saturday night

PRIMETIME HAWKS

Hi everyone, this is happening tonight. Drop in and check it out as the mighty simulated Hawks hopefully smash the Tigers!

I dont get it - what are we watching exactly? We watch the sim spit out text giving a play by play account?
Correct the sim spits out a play by play, simmers might add gifs and stuff but yeah it's just text unfortunately

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 8.19.16 pm.png

These were the stats from yesterday's game. Who comes in? Who gets dropped?

My thoughts; McEvoy for Jiath or unchanged. It was a really solid first game.

Thoughts? You guys control selection, any player on our list is eligible for selection. Please let me know who you want in our team for round 2 (The team sheet is due on Tuesday)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next thread is up! We've got the GWS snowflakes at the G! Get around it and if anyone has any more team selection ideas let me know atm Day and Jiath in for JOM and McEvoy. The team isn't due until midday tomorrow so we've still got time to decide on any more changes!

And the team for Round 2 has been announced! The next game is tomorrow (time TBC)

B: B Stratton - J Frawley - C Jiath

HB: J Sicily - S Frost - I Smith

C: R Henderson - C Wingard - T Scully

HF: L Breust - S Burgoyne - H Morrison

F: T O'Brien - J Patton - J Gunston

Foll: J Ceglar - J Worpel - T Mitchell

INT: W Day - L Shiels

Changes:
C Jiath: Out -> BP
B McEvoy: BP -> Out
W Day: New (out) -> Int
J O'Meara: FP -> Out
J Gunston: Int -> FP

Congratulations to highly rated talent Will Day for being selected for his e-afl debut! He's a medium defender but this sim is completely random so who know where he'll end up! Also congratulations to Changkuoth Jiath for making his way into the squad after such a strong off season. Go Hawks!!!

Last edited:
Game on right now and it's a very fast start to the Hawks!!!

Get in here and check it out!

Game on right now and it's a very fast start to the Hawks!!!

Get in here and check it out!

Not a bad start to the season

Look like the Patton experiment is paying off 9 goals. And Ceglar as the ruck! I want to see this footage

1 : 22.31 {C} - Easy tapout for J Ceglar.
1 : 22.37 {C} - Not enough pressure on J Ceglar.
1 : 22.41 {C} - J Ceglar blazes away at goal.
1 : 22.43 {C} - Brilliant goal to J Ceglar.

Look like the Patton experiment is paying off 9 goals. And Ceglar as the ruck! I want to see this footage

I imagine it went something like this except he won the tap too

Got the Cats at the cheat ground this week. It's gonna be so sweet when we knock em off to go 3 and 0
Team selection post will be up ASAP (probably tonight) but in the meantime, drop suggestions in here.

The link to the Cats thread is here

- Virtual O'Meara has been struggling. He only had two disposals (1 goal) vs Richmond and 2 again (2 goals) vs GWS. While he has been hitting the scoreboard it may be time for a rest or to be moved from his position starting as a forward pocket.

- Virtual McEvoy has also been struggling as a defender registering 4 disposals in both games with minimal overall impact.

- 1 disposal and no goals for O'Brien vs GWS following 2 disposals for 2 goals vs Richmond. Patton had the same impact vs Rich but followed up with a massive 9 goal effort while virtual Timmy faltered.

Based on this I would suggest:

- O'Meara to the midfield and Wingard to the FP
- McEvoy omitted for Day or Jiath

I'd give Timmy one more chance given our virtual forward-line has been working well and making too many changes seems excessive after a 68 point win. But he's definitely on notice.

- Virtual O'Meara has been struggling. He only had two disposals (1 goal) vs Richmond and 2 again (2 goals) vs GWS. While he has been hitting the scoreboard it may be time for a rest or to be moved from his position starting as a forward pocket.

- Virtual McEvoy has also been struggling as a defender registering 4 disposals in both games with minimal overall impact.

- 1 disposal and no goals for O'Brien vs GWS following 2 disposals for 2 goals vs Richmond. Patton had the same impact vs Rich but followed up with a massive 9 goal effort while virtual Timmy faltered.

Based on this I would suggest:

- O'Meara to the midfield and Wingard to the FP
- McEvoy omitted for Day or Jiath

I'd give Timmy one more chance given our virtual forward-line has been working well and making too many changes seems excessive after a 68 point win. But he's definitely on notice.
Reckon we'll go with this
B: B Stratton - J Frawley - C Jiath

HB: J Sicily - S Frost - I Smith

C: R Henderson - J O'Meara - T Scully

HF: L Breust - S Burgoyne - H Morrison

F: T O'Brien - J Patton - J Gunston

Foll: J Ceglar - J Worpel - T Mitchell

INT: C Wingard - L Shiels

Changes:
C Jiath: Out -> BP
B McEvoy: BP -> Out
J O'Meara: FP -> C
J Gunston: Int -> FP
C Wingard: C -> INT

2 : 21.13 {C} - J Ceglar wins the tap decisively.
2 : 21.25 {C} - J Ceglar takes off.
2 : 21.31 {C} - J Ceglar has latched onto a torp!.
2 : 21.35 {C} - Straight through the centre.

I'm telling ya, Clarko knows what he is doing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back