Competitions 2020 e-AFL Season Round 11 vs North - Help pick the Demons team

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, Melbourne missed finals by having too many close losses while having enough big wins to give us a healthy percentage. It would've felt like another Melbourne season if the remaining matches weren't abruptly ripped out from under us. So despite having our ladder position ending up higher than I've usually seen it, I've still ended up kind of miffed that we didn't get closer to an eElimination or something. That said, let's have a look at how all the players went throughout the season to see where things went right, and were things went horribly wrong.
1589946394918.png
Seeing as I using these stats to show which position should have a new name linked to it, it shouldn't be a surprise that the 3 positions that fared the worst over the 11 games were the Centre Half-Forward, Ruck and second Interchange spots. Fritsch, Jackson, Gawn never seemed to light the world on fire like what we see IRL, while the revolving door of the second interchange spot was always gonna throw up some interesting results. On the other end of the spectrum, Brown should get eAA for the Forward Pocket. I don't even know if there will be an eAA, but Brown should already have one hand on it. Petracca and Viney should be apart of the eAA40 while Salem was also high scoring for the Back Pocket position.

And so we have a question about which played fared the best in the 11 eAFL games, and by virtue of being in the Ruck-Rover spot, the winner of the e426 is Christian Petracca with a score of 86 with Viney being a game behind on 76. Both players ended up scoring in all games bar one, but Petracca was able to score some Best-on-Ground performances that got him over the edge. Petracca also won the Fast Starter and Late Bloomer awards while 3rd placed Oliver had the most BOG performances.
1589946573554.png

Which beings us to who is most likely to win the eBrownlow, should there be one. I have no idea how the sim calculates the eBrownlow, so I've just taken the Top 3 from the e426 and called it another prediction. Of course, this doesn't factor how well opposition players went or whether we won or not, this is more of a prediction of the maximum amount of votes a Melbourne player may get in each individual game. So while I doubt it will get that high of a score, Petracca getting 16 votes would definitely be a win in on itself.
1589946842028.png
And that wraps on the eAFL season for the eMelbourne eFootball eClub. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experiment and look forward to see what happens in the future *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*. Do note that I'll probably not update this to include the finals matches and won't check the season until after the Premlinaries. Now, to read the SFA again to see what can of worms has been dumped on the floor in an attempt to get a rise out of someone.​

Last edited:
Well, Melbourne missed finals by having to many close losses while having enough big wins to give us a healthy percentage. It would've felt like another Melbourne season if the remaining matches weren't abruptly ripped out from under us. So despite having our ladder position ending up higher than I've usually seen it, I've still ended up kind of miffed that we didn't get closer to an eElimination or something. That said, let's have a look at how all the players went throughout the season to see where things went right, and were things went horribly wrong.
View attachment 878459
Seeing as I using these stats to show which position should have a new name linked to it, it shouldn't be a surprise that the 3 positions that fared the worst over the 11 games were the Centre Half-Forward, Ruck and second Interchange spots. Fritsch, Jackson, Gawn never seemed to light the world on fire like what we see IRL, while the revolving door of the second interchange spot was always gonna throw up some interesting results. On the other end of the spectrum, Brown should get eAA for the Forward Pocket. I don't even know if there will be an eAA, but Brown should already have one hand on it. Petracca and Viney should be apart of the eAA40 while Salem was also high scoring for the Back Pocket position.

And so we have a question about which played fared the best in the 11 eAFL games, and by virtue of being in the Ruck-Rover spot, the winner of the e426 is Christian Petracca with score of 86 with Viney being a game behind on 76. Both players ended up scoring in all games bar one, but Petracca was able to score some Best-on-Ground performances that got him over the edge. Petracca also won the Fast Starter and Late Bloomer awards while 3rd placed Oliver had the most BOG performances.
View attachment 878461

Which beings us to who is most likely to win the eBrownlow, should there be one. I have no idea how the sim calculates the eBrownlow, so I've just taken the Top 3 from the e426 and called it another prediction. Of course, this doesn't factor how well opposition players went or whether we won or not, this is more of a prediction of the maximum amount of votes a Melbourne player may get in each individual game. So while I doubt it will get that high of a score, Petracca getting 16 votes would definitely be a win in on itself.
View attachment 878463
And that wraps on the eAFL season for the eMelbourne eFootball eClub. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experiment and look forward to see what happens in the future *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*. Do note that I'll probably not update this to include the finals matches and won't check the season until after the Premlinaries. Now, to read the SFA again to see what can of worms has been dumped on the floor in an attempt to get a rise out of someone.​

Great analysis TheInjuryFactory this is why we want this guy.

Have a look at the Warriors vs Furies on Sunday. We are fighting for a spot in the finals after slipping into the 8 last round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back