Up the Coasters 2020 Elimination Final @ Optus - Tickets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with your comment about poor communication. We are noteholders and weren't even aware that there would be a separate offer. I got in at about 9.10,selected Premiership Terrace tkts, then got continuous error messages. So presume those tkts went very early or there were very few available. Would be interested to know if anyone got Premiership Terrace tickets.
The noteholder window was scrapped since the move the Optus. The only extra window is Cat A for Grandfinal (doesn't help with any other final)

well that wasnt great. I can never get an allocation of 2 tickets on the wing Level 1. It always puts me up beyond row 14 of level 5 and it shits me to tears. Put in best available, then changed it to cat 1 only, cat 2 only. Doesnt matter. Ended up settling for tickets in block 334 which was still $93.

Dont get it. Anyway were in. Tried at least 40 times to get decent seats and ended up behind the goals, but were in.

The noteholder window was scrapped since the move the Optus. The only extra window is Cat A for Grandfinal (doesn't help with any other final)
Category A has applied in the past to finals here.

There was also on Ticketmaster noteholders seats if you qualified, but there weren't any. Pity the club didn't let us know.

That's right. And that's why I was surprised to see that a noteholder upgrade to Premiership terrace popped up as an option. I wasn't expecting any different treatment for noteholders. I knew the window didn't apply anymore.

More importantly you'll get a good look at Degoey.

You campaigner. That's the side/area i really wanted. Was hoping every time i threw them back a pair of spud seats they'd give me them.

Can't believe those seats are actually considered cat 3, according to the map. Opposite wing is expensive, but that far side..... No idea.

You only payed $69 each right? My shitter one's in 110 are $79.

Someone tell me how that works.

EDIT : Actually i just realized you got the other wing.

View attachment 973101

It's amazing how they think the crab seats behind the goals are good whilst one wing is considered Cat 3.
$93 in 145. Could have got into the Premiership Terrace (I believe they rebadge it for Cockburner games as Participation Terrace) for $130.
My usual tkts in 120 but it being a night game with no sun the southern side will be fine.

Agree with your comment about poor communication. We are noteholders and weren't even aware that there would be a separate offer. I got in at about 9.10,selected Premiership Terrace tkts, then got continuous error messages. So presume those tkts went very early or there were very few available. Would be interested to know if anyone got Premiership Terrace tickets.
I managed to get 2 terrace tickets, block 351 row 2. got throught the que at about 9.03

Would rather watch at home than sit where you are to be honest ;)

View attachment 973227

Nah yours actually aren't too bad if you're high enough up.
Those seats are fine, I use to sit 1 level above them
and you really don't miss too much. Its a nice seat to see our game plan unfold from defence, sometimes you miss the odd goal down the other end though.

Despite all the ducking and diving trying to find the best seat, i've actually never had a problem in ANY seat i've EVER sat at Optus.

No such thing as a bad seat. Maybe if you're in front of a handrail or something. I usually avoid sitting directly in front of the perspex/glass stuff as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite all the ducking and diving trying to find the best seat, i've actually never had a problem in ANY seat i've EVER sat at Optus.

No such thing as a bad seat. Maybe if you're in front i've a handrail or something. I usually avoid sitting directly in front of the perspex/glass stuff as well.
I agree.

The only bad seat I've seen is when my sister bought a last minute ticket to a derby and got one of those classic restricted view seats near a stairwell (the ones that the media was harping on about before opening). It had multiple handrails at eye height and you couldn't see about 1/3 of the field unless you stood up. It was heavily discounted though, so at least you weren't unaware of the problem when you bought it.

Category A has applied in the past to finals here.

There was also on Ticketmaster noteholders seats if you qualified, but there weren't any. Pity the club didn't let us know.
No, it hasn't. I've been a Cat A member since the move, there was no extra window in 2018 or 2019. Your the same as all other seated members. It is only a benefit for the Grand Final.

They made this really clear when they announced seating categories for new stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back