Fantasy 2020 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Empire League MFL page link

Pretty much everything has been done on my part to the site. One last thing I have to do is finish off the Resource Spreadsheet.

What I want you all to do is go to the league's "home" page, and scroll down beyond the calendar...there you'll find a full run-down of what you all need to do.

For the new members, any questions, post them here.

Basically, now is the time to start thinking about how to make cap space for your team. The players you do not re-sign will end up being removed from your roster by me, for free, no cap hit, which would clear their new salaries from your cap.

I just need to finish off the spreadsheet first so that I can then update all those off-contract players on your roster page so that you can directly see what your cap is with their new salaries factored in.

Do you know why? I feel unlucky losing to Helfarch last season because i was gonna start steve sims and if i did he wouldve won me the championship. So i have unfinished business
Oh yea, the if I coulda shoulda woulda. Classic. If I had started Cousins against you instead of Jimmah, I would have made the playoffs. Sorry, if THE WHEEL had started Cousins instead of Jimmah against you I would have made he playoffs. 😉

Oh yea, the if I coulda shoulda woulda. Classic. If I had started Cousins against you instead of Jimmah, I would have made the playoffs. Sorry, if THE WHEEL had started Cousins instead of Jimmah against you I would have made he playoffs. 😉
Yeah but i was gonna, you werent aint gonna

Ok....everything is done now.

For the new guys LennyHayes77 and 00Stinger (as well as for the usuals who may have forgotten)....

Go to your roster page.
Note all the players with the STATUS of either ROOKIE or VETERAN (see how they all have 0 years contract)...because they are off-contract.
Note their salaries....these are all their new salaries for 2020 -- based off their 2019 pts multiplied by $20,000.
Scroll down to the end of your roster...and you'll see a summary of how much cap you are currently using and that the league salary cap must always fit inside $90,000,000.

Please go to the league home page, and scroll down past the Calendar, and read whats required of you under the MARCH/APRIL section.

Basically, this is your chance to free up cap space by electing to not re-sign off-contract players and not get a dead money cap hit against you for the year in doing so...because they are on ZERO contract right now.

See the photos below for a guide....

screenshot-www65.myfantasyleague.com-2020.03.02-21_05_52.png

Screenshot_2020-03-02 Fantasy Football EMPIRE LEAGUE.png

For the new guys....so what it means is you have to tag me in this thread, and note down all the players you're re-signing and for how many years (rookies either 1 or 2 yrs....vets either 2 or 3 years....and franchise tags either 1st Round Grade, 2nd Round Grade, or 3rd Round Grade)....and post that in this thread.

Because I do everything manually first at this stage of the season before we move forward to the Auction Stage, the Draft and Waivers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have all of March and April to decide all this....but if you already know some/most of the ones you dont want to keep, you can let me know, and I'll update as we go along....but if you do this, please don't change your mind. To be safer...just wait till youre 100% sure about all your decisions and post it once in this thread in April (or earlier if you're sure).

Im always ahead of the league curve when it comes to Auctions and Waivers

Waivers maybe but auctions?? ...maybe I should drop another player on you just like I did last year with Kenny Young. 😎

Bazz's horny rabbit analogy would work well for GG in empire free agency also. First day of it and he's already well over the salary cap before the draft has even kicked off. 😂

Players i won in auction last year that i didnt end up keeping but could've really helped....
Brees, A.Peterson, J.Brown, J.Graham, to name a few

Jimmy Graham 😂

Bazz's horny rabbit analogy would work well for GG in empire free agency also. First day of it and he's already well over the salary cap before the draft has even kicked off. 😂

Had to rely on pity trades from PB to get him out of the s**t. He should have bent you over thoroughly knowing the situation you were in but he's too nice of a bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back