Fantasy 2020 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I get a little more clarification on the franchise tags?
Looking at Tom Brady for example. To re-sign him it will cost $5.7mil. I don't know how many years he has left in him so I could elect to franchise tag him.
On the home page it says it's $2mil for a 1st round tender. So if no one bids on him I get Brady for $2mil per year, end of? Or is that $2mil added to the $5.7mil? Or is that only if someone bids on him?

There was a security breach but thru one of googles own apps

Thats why you're suddenly a Firefox fan . 😉
Can I get a little more clarification on the franchise tags?
Looking at Tom Brady for example. To re-sign him it will cost $5.7mil. I don't know how many years he has left in him so I could elect to franchise tag him.
On the home page it says it's $2mil for a 1st round tender. So if no one bids on him I get Brady for $2mil per year, end of? Or is that $2mil added to the $5.7mil? Or is that only if someone bids on him?

2mil is added to the 5.7. it will appear in your dead cap. You won't be charged if someone bids on him, you'll receive their draft pick if you decide not to match their offer. ( I'm pretty sure thats it anyway)

No one will bid on Brady at 5.7m with a 1st round tender.... cos theyd have to sign him minimum 3 yrs on a winning bid where you elect to pass, and fork out a 1st.

If your intention is that (to ward people away), then a 1st round tag will do the trick.

If you do want to pilfer a pick off someone and free yourself of his salary, maybe a 3rd, but even then theyd still have to give him a three year contract which could be tough to absorb.

Mind you, if i had a third i would definitely think about bidding on him. Reckon hed still perform at a high level for two years.

Just on the Brady example. How do you allocate $2m every year to dead cap as mentioned by A11? Wouldn’t it be easier to just amend his salary from $3.7 to $5.7m for the whole 3 years?
The franchise tag is only 1 year, so it doesn't really matter where that $2m is shown so long as it is included in the overall salary cap

If someone bid and won the rights to sign Brady it is the the bid amount that goes on the new team's cap for 1 year, and the cap hit for the franchise tag disappears.

I think GG was talking about the fact that you've have to give TB a 3 year contract at minimum as the reason why there wouldn't be all that much interest in him regardless of which tag Lenny uses

Just on the Brady example. How do you allocate $2m every year to dead cap as mentioned by A11? Wouldn’t it be easier to just amend his salary from $3.7 to $5.7m for the whole 3 years?
It is easier to add the 2m tag cost onto the gms cap hit for the year than to include it in his salary....as if he gets traded id then have to amend his salary again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fine with whatever works easiest for you tho, don't have an issue with either way.
Easier and makes more sense to put bid and tag costs directly against the owners cap, not on players salary when players often move around, in trades or releases/waivers. Eg, loophole, someone could cut a tagged player and if the tag is on his salary then owner is free of his tag cost, and new waiver owner has to wear it.

Anyway, no issue with TGBB asking, im here to explain

What other ideas would you like to see implemented that could make it more challenging/better ?

None that I can think of at the moment, we tackled my free agency issue last year and you gave reasons as to why it is what it is. I'm fine as of right now.

Love the league and the rules but have to ask questions every year because hard to remember tbh, especially when my brain is so large and filled with all complex thoughts and ideas.

None that I can think of at the moment, we tackled my free agency issue last year and you gave reasons as to why it is what it is. I'm fine as of right now.
That was drd23s idea too, and i am doing that. Its already in the rules....just before the auction begins, when everyone has decided on their re-signings, and i release all the unwanted, i make ALL free agents one year contract, but i keep their pre-existing salaries until next off season.

ROOKIE:
Tony Pollard - 2yrs
Curtis Samuel - 2yrs
Jake Elliot - 2yrs
Myles Garrett - 2yrs
Adoree Jackson - 2yrs

VETS:
Danielle Hunter - 3yrs
Anthony Harris - 3yrs

FRANCHISE TAGS:
Tom Brady - 3rd Round

Awarding 8 pts for 1st, 7 pts for 2nd, etc, 1 pt for 8th place...

26 - Dixie Flatline
24 - TheGreatBarryB
23 - Shupe
22 - Dagless
21 - Beinpurplengreen
20 - Shiny_On_Top
18 - Arakaan
18 - GG.exe
17 - Blacky
17 - Drd23
09 - Starlin Castro
08 - Bgt2110