MVP 2020 Essendon Board Player of the Year - Winner Announcement

Well folks it's been another long, yet with a big break and then really stupidly condensed at times home and away season. There's been some ups, there's been many downs and there's been no shortage of genuine wtaf moments in a variety of colours and flavours. The best thing though is that right at the moment as I type this, it's over and I don't have to watch any more Essendon games for months, neigh, any football at all if I don't feel like it which outside Wests in the WAFL I probably won't.. anyway, I digress.

Throughout the home and away season a number of people have taken 10 seconds after each game, no matter how good or bad, over the following week to have a vote and I want to thank those people who know who they are. It'd be even more interesting if everyone voted every week but eh.. I get it.

Now before we move on I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank our sponsors <PM to find out how to get your company's name here!>. It's a truly amazing product you have that I think literally everyone can benefit from in their lives in some fashion.

Which leads me to 3rd place. With a score of 33, a mere 1 point behind second place

3rd Place - Andrew McGrath (33)
1600949439069.png

And in second place last year's winner who misses out on his third Big Footy win

2nd Place - Zach Merrett (34)
1600949738908.png

Which leads me to the not so surprising yet somewhat warm and fuzzy conclusion that I think every Essendon supporter who watched every game this year would not be at all surprised about, by the length of the proverbial straight with a whopping margin of 13 votes

1st Place - Jordan Ridley (46)
1600950034770.png

Other results below...

Adam Saad (30)
Darcy Parish (22)
Dylan Shiel (17)
Kyle Langford (14)
Sam Draper (12)
James Stewart (10)
Michael Hurley, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (6)
Devon Smith (5)
Jake Stringer, David Zaharakis, Joe Daniher (4)
Cale Hooker, Jacob Tonwsend (3)
Andrew Phillips (2)

Dylan Clarke (1)

So that's it from here. It's been a great honour and a privilege to present this year's awards and I hope to see you all here again next year.

Go Bombers!​

Last edited:
Back