2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is designed for people who want to discuss theoretical trades, which, as yet, have no grounding in any external news, or media validation.

In other words, if you want to put forwards YOUR OWN IDEAS as to what would be a good trade, put it here.

If you have a conversation with someone, and they have a hypothetical scenario, which you thought silly, or valid, and would like to see what others think...put it here.

These discussions are fine, but it would work better if the other thread was reserved for ITKs (ugh, I hate that word, but you know what I mean), actual information from the media, (which includes "Ash Browne heard that Hawthorn are talking to Cerra", not "Ash Browne thinks we should talk to Cerra") or your own conversations with someone from the club, media, etc

As we get closer to trade time, it will help people to know which kind of conversation they want to have; about things that have some basis as 'happening',(Trade thread) and things that people would like to happen (Hypothetical thread)

If this thread already exists then how is it a hypothetical thread????
Every time someone doesn't believe something that's posted here, a litlle part of this thread dies...
maxresdefault.jpg

Every time someone doesn't believe something that's posted here, a litlle part of this thread dies...
maxresdefault.jpg
I don't believe you

What I hope for:
Trade Stratton, Smith and Frawley for picks 1, 2, 4 & 5 plus Rowell and the King bro’s.

What I fear:
Trade Gunston, Smith, Worpel and pick 3 for Castagna, pick 60 and a packet of chips

Was going to make a joke about Will Day and pick 3 to Essendon for Orazio Fantasia, but then I realised we already made a super similar trade a few years back with Port Adelaide.

Get in a position to get Mcdonald, and hope like hell Fremantle are obsessed with him and offer the pick for their 1st rounder/Cerra. First part is to get in Cerra's ear and get him to ask for a trade. Come out with Bruhn,Cerra, Callow and Downie. Dream

Where has all the Cerra talk come from?

Get in a position to get Mcdonald, and hope like hell Fremantle are obsessed with him and offer the pick for their 1st rounder/Cerra. First part is to get in Cerra's ear and get him to ask for a trade. Come out with Bruhn,Cerra, Callow and Downie. Dream
Get Pick 3.

Trade that Pick 3 to Freo for Cerra + 7/8.

Bring in the 2020 1st for a low-teens 2020 1st.

Then grab Downie, later in the day.

Cerra + 7/8 + 12-15 + Downie. There's 3 midfielder + a KPP from the same off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Witherden is another we should be targeting. Out of favour at the Lions and adding him to Sicily, Scrimmers, Day, Hardwick, Frost, Impey and hopefully Koschitzke is our backline sorted for the next 5+ years.

Tom De Koning from Carlton would be an interesting target. Looks promising as a ruckman/forward and Carlton have an oversupply of bigs.
His athleticism at centre bounces would be an immediate upgrade on what Ceglar is offering.
Not sure of his value or contract status, maybe second rounder.

Get Pick 3.

Cerra + 7/8 + 12-15 + Downie. There's 3 midfielder + a KPP from the same off-season.
Freo aren't giving up a contracted Cerra for a 4 pick upgrade?

Freo have said in multiple interviews and pressers that he is a key part to the rebuild.

Wouldn't really make sense to trade established young talent for unproven young talent. Especially with the risk of the draft this year. A lot of unknowns with the lack of games many have played. Can't imagine many clubs doing big trades to move up the draft.

Get Pick 3.

If you are advocating trading high first round for late first to mid second round picks, then it was something I suggested last year.
If there are many positions to fill up, like our situation and many good kids in later picks and another team values high draft picks, then worth it.
Only thing I cannot understand is why do we need so many midfielders, we cannot even introduce Finn. We gave up so much to get JOM and Mitchell,
supposed to be elite, then have Worpel, which people likened to first rounder, have Finn and Downie to come in. KPP like Zach Reid (10) / Nik Cox (23).
Ofcourse the argument then is if these KPP not end up being as good as those in top 3, people we say we end up middle of road team.

My only issue with focusing on staying at bottom of ladder for 3-5 years to consistently get top 3 picks is it is a slow process and not all top 3 picks will make it.

I think Witherden is another we should be targeting. Out of favour at the Lions and adding him to Sicily, Scrimmers, Day, Hardwick, Frost, Impey and hopefully Koschitzke is our backline sorted for the next 5+ years.

I actually think this guy should be a main target.
with Sicily going down we need some more dynamic play out of HB.
people will ask for CJ and Greaves (me.. Greaves) but I think that it looks pretty fast and direct adding Witherden.

We should be looking for a package deal adding Skinner as well.

H
Tom De Koning from Carlton would be an interesting target. Looks promising as a ruckman/forward and Carlton have an oversupply of bigs.
His athleticism at centre bounces would be an immediate upgrade on what Ceglar is offering.
Not sure of his value or contract status, maybe second rounder.
He is their number 1 in waiting.
Callum Coleman-Jones on the other hand...
That would be my second trade.
1 with Brisbane for Witherden and Skinner and the second with Richmond for CCJ.
Brisbane would be a future pick and CCJ One of the 3rd Rd picks.

Breust and a second round for Stephenson and an early third round.

Shiels for a 3rd round

Package those picks and throw in a sweetener to get the best possible player we can to suit out needs. Depending on what we need the most of course. I'm of the opinion that we lack pace through the midfield and wings and need an X-Factor.

Not going to try and pretend like I know what our list will look like next year considering the cuts to list sizes etc. But if we are going to make a couple of bold moves, these are the ones I would do.

Stephenson isn't necessarily worth more than Punky, but age would play a part in how this negotiation would play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back