2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft pick trades like that which shouldn’t effect other deals do normally get done late don’t they?
Dunkley will not go for picks, they don’t help the Dogs unless they can on-trade for players, as they are impacted by JUH.
Can’t believe Doggies would trade for future picks, when they could just keep him for a year and trade then.

Very doubtful this gets done, and if it does, I think it will be very late.

You know - if there’s ever a season or two NOT to be in a Premiership window it’s this one. Gambles are almost twice as much because no one knows what the comp is going to look like next year or 2022. Gambling on big contracts for players could go south very quickly.

You know - if there’s ever a season or two NOT to be in a Premiership window it’s this one. Gambles are almost twice as much because no one knows what the comp is going to look like next year or 2022. Gambling on big contracts for players could go south very quickly.
Depends on which club you're a part of.

The afl will do whatever is necessary for their "favs" whenever it's required, at the expense of the others - such is the way of the afl/media.

So you're right, we don't want to be all in on contracts because you can bet we will get pinged down the line, unlike others.

Yah, Dodoro being involved in trading out Saad and Fantasia, and in Dunkley, they're going to hold up a lot of the movement.
Most of the hold up will be for the scum and dogs , with a minor hold up for other clubs. If other clubs do deals early this reduces what's left for Dido to deal with, but if clubs wait till later does this favour dodos tactics? After his cockup last year and knowing that Daniher was going this year, it made sense to get him gone early and for pick 7 (massive overs for a flash in the pan type, injury riddled player), this should inflate his ego a bit in how he deals with Saad & Fantasia and he has already shown his hand by asking for overs for them. If clubs deny or do the opposite of what he wants, he can't win. Deal early and limit his choices and end game moves. The scum supporters might be happy to keep Saad n Fantasia but will the players be so happy?
How do you think (besides bats n fists) Dodo should be dealt with?

Last edited:
Left field idea - we are struggling for ruck depth with McEvoy deployed to defense and not longer able to get off the ground and Ceglar with knee issues and Reeves still very raw, what about Brayden Crossley the former Sun who was stood down for a drug related charge. Yes, not an ideal scenario and I caveat it by saying I'm not sure how long his suspension runs (I vaguely recall it may have ended or is about to end) however, on football ability alone he showed plenty on the few games he played for a young player. Had plenty of mongrel in him which is what we need more of present. You would think his motivation would be high and cost us very little in term of draft picks (if any) and would come on minimal $$$.
I know it is very left field but with the state of our playing lost we need to explore all avenues to get better.
Did a bit of research and he got banned for 12 months which he accepted. Gold Coast delisted him so I guess if he puts his name in the draft then he might be worth a look. You'd obviously be wanting to interview him on why he had cocaine in his system though. Those talks need to be open and honest and I guess get his side of the story.

Ned Guy pretty much no-commenting his way through his trade radio interview about Treloar.

They’ve ****ed this sooo badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we in the market to trade our later round picks for the Bulldogs 1st - (pick 12, I believe)?

If so, I want Eddie Ford really really really badly.

I know we won’t take him at 4, but I honestly believe this kid has massive potential and could be the midfield beast we need.

He’s a great size at 188 - 190 cm (might even be a tad bigger).

At only 15 years old played senior footy and finished Top 10 in the Club Best & Fairest. Even though it was only 2nd Division in the WRFL, I reckon it’s a strong effort for a kid to get selected to play against men and succeed as boy - particularly as he was quite a bit smaller than he is now.

Having watched his footy in my opinion he is tough, strong and has a lot mongrel in him. But most importantly he is powerful and I think that will continue as his body matured into adulthood. I don’t think he is a man child, just has that something even strong kids don’t have. Once he knows and has the confidence that he can do it at senior level then look out.

He sticks tackles like a man, straight lines the ball/contest and is strong one grab overhead mark.

He has good skills on both sides and his footy IQ is great. Good speed and doesn’t panic with the ball. Defensive efforts are good but like all kids needs to keep improving.

His maturity and professionalism is off the charts for a kid his age.

As an underage 17 year old (2019) in the NAB League, he was largely played forward at Western Jets - who did not have a great year under Ryan O’Keefe.

As a side issue, I seriously do not rate Ryan O’Keefe as a coach or developer of young talent - (personal observation) - in fact he IMO he doesn’t do one thing that is not in his own best interest. Hence, it’s not hard to work out why he’s out of Western Jets after 2 years and 1 season of coaching. Don’t believe the family relocating to NSW bullshit. The guy is not well liked and I’m pretty sure no one at Jets or Maribyrnong Sports Academy is to sad to the back of him. Consider, he also ‘relocated’ from an AFL coaching role in Adelaide, to a NAB Coaching/Teaching role in Victoria and is now off to NSW to do some minor development role in NSW.

In my experience, a great footy player, but a very poor human being - in fact he’s just a self absorbed twat.

But back to Eddie Ford, I honestly believe had this year gone ahead he would be a draft bolter, comfortably inside the top 10.

I know highlights show only the best but I really do rate this kid. By the way I don’t know him personally at all - my opinion is solely based on what I’ve seen and how I feel he’d go with and benefit the HFC.

Will be interested in the boards feedback on this kid.

Are we in the market to trade our later round picks for the Bulldogs 1st - (pick 12, I believe)?

I know we won’t take him at 4, but I honestly believe this kid has massive potential and could be the midfield beast we need.

At only 15 years old played senior footy and finished Top 10 in the Club Best & Fairest. Even though it was only 2nd Division in the WRFL, I reckon it’s a strong effort for a kid to get selected to play against men and succeed as boy - particularly as he was quite a bit smaller than he is now.

Having watched his footy in my opinion he is tough, strong and has a lot mongrel in him. But most importantly he is powerful and I think that will continue as his body matured into adulthood. I don’t think he is a man child, just has that something even strong kids don’t have. Once he knows and has the confidence that he can do it at senior level then look out.

He sticks tackles like a man, straight lines the ball/contest and is strong one grab overhead mark.

He has good skills on both sides and his footy IQ is great. Good speed and doesn’t panic with the ball. Defensive efforts are good but like all kids needs to keep improving.

As an underage 17 year old (2019) in the NAB League, he was largely played forward at Western Jets - who did not have a great year under Ryan O’Keefe.

As a side issue, I seriously do not rate Ryan O’Keefe as a coach or developer of young talent - (personal observation) - in fact he IMO he doesn’t do one thing that is not in his own best interest. Hence, it’s not hard to work out why he’s out of Western Jets after 2 years and 1 season of coaching. Don’t believe the family relocating to NSW bullshit. The guy is not well liked and I’m pretty sure no one at Jets or Maribyrnong Sports Academy is to sad to the back of him. Consider, he also ‘relocated’ from an AFL coaching role in Adelaide, to a NAB Coaching/Teaching role in Victoria and is now off to NSW to do some minor development role in NSW.

In my experience, a great footy player, but a very poor human being - in fact he’s just a self absorbed twat.

But back to Eddie Ford, I honestly believe had this year gone ahead he would be a draft bolter, comfortably inside the top 10.

I know highlights show only the best but I really do rate this kid. By the way I don’t know him personally at all - my opinion is solely based on what I’ve seen and how I feel he’d go with and benefit the HFC.

Yeah I like him too as a 2nd pick we can bring in.
He'll definitely be gone by pick 21.

Treloar can win a lot of the ball but hasn't got the ability to realy hurt a lot of sides on the score board as a midfielder which is what we need.

As long as Jaiydn Stephenson and Tom Phillips can fall our way which both are exactly what we need. Stephenson is a very good small forward and that's were he belongs, unlike the magpies playing him all over the place this year..

And Phillips is a very good winger and would be a very good fit as a Smith replacement.

I always liked Stephenson as a forward rising Star two years ago and now talk is that he could be traded. Not sure what it says about the club if they can't develop their young talent, given he was a pick 6. They will be far from getting that in return for him if they put him up for a trade.

Managing your salary cap is the key to running a successful club, that's why we never pay over the amount of what we think players are worth, and nothing to do with us been a destination club or not.
(Look at the Aiden Corr example chasing more money at a club that is in damage mode)

So if those two players are willing to come at a professional and well managed club at the right prize, i am sure our recruiting management will be more than happy to land both Stephenson and Phillips at the hawks.

Last edited:

Yeah a haul of Hollands, Ford, Downie sounds pretty exciting.

huge difference maker for a very vanilla team.

To The Ghost of Glenferrie.
That sir is a well-informed and absolutely spot on piece.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ok Wright has mentioned that we haven't totally closed off the idea of trading pick 4 if the right deal presents itself. Its never say never
Would want to be one hell of a good deal, can’t see any team offering something close to what we would want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back