2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we in the market to trade our later round picks for the Bulldogs 1st - (pick 12, I believe)?

If so, I want Eddie Ford really really really badly.

I know we won’t take him at 4, but I honestly believe this kid has massive potential and could be the midfield beast we need.

He’s a great size at 188 - 190 cm (might even be a tad bigger).

At only 15 years old played senior footy and finished Top 10 in the Club Best & Fairest. Even though it was only 2nd Division in the WRFL, I reckon it’s a strong effort for a kid to get selected to play against men and succeed as boy - particularly as he was quite a bit smaller than he is now.

Having watched his footy in my opinion he is tough, strong and has a lot mongrel in him. But most importantly he is powerful and I think that will continue as his body matured into adulthood. I don’t think he is a man child, just has that something even strong kids don’t have. Once he knows and has the confidence that he can do it at senior level then look out.

He sticks tackles like a man, straight lines the ball/contest and is strong one grab overhead mark.

He has good skills on both sides and his footy IQ is great. Good speed and doesn’t panic with the ball. Defensive efforts are good but like all kids needs to keep improving.

His maturity and professionalism is off the charts for a kid his age.

As an underage 17 year old (2019) in the NAB League, he was largely played forward at Western Jets - who did not have a great year under Ryan O’Keefe.

As a side issue, I seriously do not rate Ryan O’Keefe as a coach or developer of young talent - (personal observation) - in fact he IMO he doesn’t do one thing that is not in his own best interest. Hence, it’s not hard to work out why he’s out of Western Jets after 2 years and 1 season of coaching. Don’t believe the family relocating to NSW bullshit. The guy is not well liked and I’m pretty sure no one at Jets or Maribyrnong Sports Academy is to sad to the back of him. Consider, he also ‘relocated’ from an AFL coaching role in Adelaide, to a NAB Coaching/Teaching role in Victoria and is now off to NSW to do some minor development role in NSW.

In my experience, a great footy player, but a very poor human being - in fact he’s just a self absorbed twat.

But back to Eddie Ford, I honestly believe had this year gone ahead he would be a draft bolter, comfortably inside the top 10.

I know highlights show only the best but I really do rate this kid. By the way I don’t know him personally at all - my opinion is solely based on what I’ve seen and how I feel he’d go with and benefit the HFC.

Will be interested in the boards feedback on this kid.

Yeah very promising, clean overhead and loves a tackle alright.

Are we in the market to trade our later round picks for the Bulldogs 1st - (pick 12, I believe)?

If so, I want Eddie Ford really really really badly.

I know we won’t take him at 4, but I honestly believe this kid has massive potential and could be the midfield beast we need.

He’s a great size at 188 - 190 cm (might even be a tad bigger).

At only 15 years old played senior footy and finished Top 10 in the Club Best & Fairest. Even though it was only 2nd Division in the WRFL, I reckon it’s a strong effort for a kid to get selected to play against men and succeed as boy - particularly as he was quite a bit smaller than he is now.

Having watched his footy in my opinion he is tough, strong and has a lot mongrel in him. But most importantly he is powerful and I think that will continue as his body matured into adulthood. I don’t think he is a man child, just has that something even strong kids don’t have. Once he knows and has the confidence that he can do it at senior level then look out.

He sticks tackles like a man, straight lines the ball/contest and is strong one grab overhead mark.

He has good skills on both sides and his footy IQ is great. Good speed and doesn’t panic with the ball. Defensive efforts are good but like all kids needs to keep improving.

His maturity and professionalism is off the charts for a kid his age.

As an underage 17 year old (2019) in the NAB League, he was largely played forward at Western Jets - who did not have a great year under Ryan O’Keefe.

As a side issue, I seriously do not rate Ryan O’Keefe as a coach or developer of young talent - (personal observation) - in fact he IMO he doesn’t do one thing that is not in his own best interest. Hence, it’s not hard to work out why he’s out of Western Jets after 2 years and 1 season of coaching. Don’t believe the family relocating to NSW bullshit. The guy is not well liked and I’m pretty sure no one at Jets or Maribyrnong Sports Academy is to sad to the back of him. Consider, he also ‘relocated’ from an AFL coaching role in Adelaide, to a NAB Coaching/Teaching role in Victoria and is now off to NSW to do some minor development role in NSW.

In my experience, a great footy player, but a very poor human being - in fact he’s just a self absorbed twat.

But back to Eddie Ford, I honestly believe had this year gone ahead he would be a draft bolter, comfortably inside the top 10.

I know highlights show only the best but I really do rate this kid. By the way I don’t know him personally at all - my opinion is solely based on what I’ve seen and how I feel he’d go with and benefit the HFC.

Will be interested in the boards feedback on this kid.

Is it too much to ask for a draft haul of Hollands, Perkins, Ford and Downie 🤓

Would want to be one hell of a good deal, can’t see any team offering something close to what we would want

Dunkley would be the sort of player worth it but the dogs have no use for pick 4

Closest I can think of is something like

Pick 4 and Smith compo for Collingwood's 2020 first, 2021 first and Stephenson.

But I still think the team is more desperate for one elite prospect than a few good ones at this point.

Dunkley would be the sort of player worth it but the dogs have no use for pick 4

Closest I can think of is something like

Pick 4 and Smith compo for Collingwood's 2020 first, 2021 first and Stephenson.

But I still think the team is more desperate for one elite prospect than a few good ones at this point.
Even then Collingwood need picks for Daicos next year. We might get wowed out of the park if someone desperately wants one of the top kids on draft night. But picks will be more highly valued next year than this year.

This is TylerDurden after eating too much popcorn watching the Brad Crouch situation transpire 🤣

IMG_3982.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy journalism at its finest.

20 minutes from "They will match" to "They haven't matched".

Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, just say stuff!

Sad thing for Crows...pick 23 is actually more like 28....they have been bent over (no lube)

Now let’s all turn our attention to the Handbaggers and see what they come up with.

Pick 14 is going to be hard to get now. Adelaide can afford to offer much more than us.
As SOS just pointed out too, they can agree to not bid at pick one too and save the Dogs even more points after trading them the two in the 20s for 14

The crows can actually offer the Crouch compo (23) and 33 which is about 80 points worse than our best current offer (24, 45 + 46) but once the Crows throw in not matching at pick 1 it means the Dogs will be 400+ points better off and that's before their discount. 14 is dead for us methinks.

The crows can actually offer the Crouch compo (23) and 33 which is about 80 points worse than our best current offer (24, 45 + 46) but once the Crows throw in not matching at pick 1 it means the Dogs will be 400+ points better off and that's before their discount. 14 is dead for us methinks.
Or they could just say. Take the deal and we don’t bid on him, ignore the deal and we do

Or they could just say. Take the deal and we don’t bid on him, ignore the deal and we do
That would be implied but given its hugely in the Dogs favour to accept it anyway, I don't see that being needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back