2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d prefer to do option A in a trade for pick 12.

a) pick 21, 41 and our 2021 3rd rounder

OR

b) pick 21 and our 2022 2nd rounder
2021 picks won't help their need for points in 2020 though will they?

yep. Gold coast won't want their pick 24 this year. Swap that for our 2021 second.

The issue is we need to move out of picks around where there might be a bid for Downie, hence 21 will be part of a trade. Trying for 24 from GC could be a wasted pick as we might end up using that pick (so effectively a 2021 second rounder) for Downie.
We have three thirds if I recall, the points for those will be enough to match for Downie if he goes where expected (20 -30).
Best bet is to move up this draft by using 21 and change, hopefully then we draft 2 'talented' players as well as add Downie.

We need everything and I say a young promising potentially elite key forward is at the top of the list . You just have to look at Richmond and Geelong to see how important it is. Thilthorpe struggled this year through injury but still played sanfl seniors for an 18 year old kpp despite his weight is actually still very very raw , so it shows how highly rated he is .

If he doesnt turn it a key forward he has every chance to be a Brodie Grundy type ruckman with pace if he can learn to use his body and weight. He definetly has attributes i can see our club loving ad from memory I think we have very strong SA ties , one reason why we picked day last year .
I love your passion for Thilthorp.
For mine, and unlike last year, Draft picks 5 to 10 are not much better than picks 11 to 15 picks.
I really wanted Grainger-Barras ... but he will likely go to the swans... our pick 4 will likely turn into pick 6.

Thilthorp may become an excellent player. It is likely he will be good. But I would be very happy with giving up our pick “4” to Geelong with our pick “21” so that they can get Cameron, to get their 11 and 13 as I think we could get brilliant players at whatever those picks end up at.

Heath Chapman looks an excellent prospect. I love his marking and run. Looks AFL quality.
Tom Powell ... may be second to Will Philips as a Tenacious inside mid but I’d prefer both Tom and Heath to just Will.
With Downie to round it out... and be Very happy.

Last edited:
I love your passion for Thilthorp.
For mine, and unlike last year, Draft picks 5 to 10 are not much better than picks 11 to 15 picks.
I really wanted Grainger-Barras ... but he will likely go to the swans... our pick 4 will likely turn into pick 6.

Thilthorp may become an excellent player. It is likely he will be good. But I would be very happy with giving up our pick “4” to Geelong with our pick “21” so that they can get Cameron, to get their 11 and 13 as I think we could get brilliant players at whatever those picks end up at.

Heath Chapman looks an excellent prospect. I love his marking and run. Looks AFL quality.
Tom Powell ... may be second to Will Philips as a Tenacious inside mid but I’d prefer both Tom and Heath to just Will.
With Downie to round it out... and be Very happy.

Id love dgb he would probably be my number 1 choice mainly because we are still a slim chance of getting him , I think thilthorpe and mcdonald go 1 and 2 . Yeh I can see some value in splitting the pick and getting 2 top 15 picks but from what I've heard there seems to be a pretty clear top 8 who have runs on the board then a group from 8-20 where clubs view alot differently. For me a perfect trade period would be keeping 4 then having anothee 2 picks inside 20 plus points to secure downie because I also rate chapman and quite like the rawness of Brayden cook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would imagine our offer simply involves pick 21 and some other picks/points to help Dogs out (without ruining our own points for Downie)
I would imagine it is a player of need and 21.

I know I have mentioned this before and will go again......Absolute nonsense the whole free agency compensation.

Why would the crows even bother trying to keep a midfield plodder who turns it over when the carrot could be pick 2 lol.

Absolute garbage system.
Yeah it greatly distorts the market. How can you punish every other side in the draft to overcompensate the crows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back