2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Hugh Dixon as a DFA or as a rookie.
Won’t happen. He has had no interest from other clubs since he was delisted.

Get Hugh Dixon as a DFA or as a rookie.
We have 4 key forwards on our list in Patton, O’Brien, Lewis and Jeka. Given the reduced list sizes, I doubt we would increase the number of key forwards unless one was moved on (which I doubt).

Sam skinner has done 3 ACLs, pass.

Welcome to Hawthorn Sam.

We will take Treloar thanks. Can’t see how they can fit in Gunston without giving up Treloar after they have just signed de goey

We will take Treloar thanks. Can’t see how they can fit in Gunston without giving up Treloar after they have just signed de goey
I'd much prefer some sweet picks & a young player.

Pick 5 they get from goldcoast for treloar would be nice , happy to throw in 21 for it.

Gunston + 21 for 5
Yeh, this be more like it. That's a dream result from a bad situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the go with Gunners? Is there something in the pipeline?
Yeah, the pipe dreams of a lot of posters on here. He has already said he wants to stay. I just can't see such a great servant of the club being pushed out if he really wants to stay. That wouldn't be the club I've supported for 64 years.

Last edited:
De Goey apparently resigned for 2 more years
Nothing on their website. You'd think they would have it there ASAP. He may do that, as reported as a rumour on 7. De Gooey might be waiting until next week so Collingwood supporters aren't distracted from the Grand final. However, if the rumour is true, then the reason is, he's priced himself out of the market. I doubt if Collingwood will be offering him what he wants. Not with the baggage he's carrying. If he wants to stay it will only be until free agency. He's already shown his hand. He is quite willing to leave. Collingwood should shop him around now and see what they can get. At least Treloar has said he wants to stay.

Last edited:
Bucky had a piece in the HUN about how the Pies could get him. I haven’t read it (paywall) but would be interested to know what he thinks it would take for a deal to happen.
If Treloar does go to Gil Coast for Pick 5 then they'll want to use 5 in the Draft, then trade out 12(ish) for points to grab their Academy/FS guy.

So, it's not a new idea but I'd expect it would be Pick 12 (16-17) + a player for Gunston. Phillips & Stevenson are the names I've read in the media.

Sam Skinner should be on our list. Can play forward and back and is worth a rookie spot. Straight up free hit at a kPP with talent.

knees... I don’t really care when you look at our KP players.
he would be more inclined to get a senior game than Brooksby and Minch that’s for sure

Sam Skinner should be on our list. Can play forward and back and is worth a rookie spot. Straight up free hit at a kPP with talent.

knees... I don’t really care when you look at our KP players.
he would be more inclined to get a senior game than Brooksby and Minch that’s for sure
He already has 3 ACLs , don’t reckon he’ll have an afl career very soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back