2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickrebellious

Premiership Player
May 22, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill
Rhys Shaw asked him to play on Patrick Cripps and at least man him up at stoppages. Polec just did his own thing and gave no respect to Cripps. Teague gave Polec coaches votes, Shaw dropped him.
Went head to head with Cripps and got 25 disposals, a goal and 6 tackles vs. Cripps' 16 disposals. Cripps didn't get votes from any coach.

If Smith or Henderson did that, we'd be raving. I think Rhys Shaw is out of his depth as a senior coach.

Feb 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
HS article that Saad is being chased by Melbourne, North and Carlton

No mention of Hawks
I know all the current details regarding Saads situation (contract $ and size, who's chasing him, why he's holding off signing etc) and Hawthorn are not involved at all.
I'm happy to reveal the info but it's unnecessary seeing he isn't a Hawthorn target.

Things may change, obviously, but right now, no involvement with the Hawks at all.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has Polec been linked or just a hypothetical? I can see him as a player Clarko would like as he is a good kick. If we ever get back on the G he would be an asset. Hendo was a DFA and he won our bnf last year probably shows where our list was at last year. No offence to he do he has been great
Henderson won the BnF last year?

I know all the current details regarding Saads situation (contract $ and size, who's chasing him, why he's holding off signing etc) and Hawthorn are not involved at all.
I'm happy to reveal the info but it's unnecessary seeing he isn't a Hawthorn target.

Things may change, obviously, but right now, no involvement with the Hawks at all.
Still interested to hear...

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has Polec been linked or just a hypothetical? I can see him as a player Clarko would like as he is a good kick. If we ever get back on the G he would be an asset. Hendo was a DFA and he won our bnf last year probably shows where our list was at last year. No offence to he do he has been great

Ahhh big footy were research is performed to the highest standard!
Worpel says hi.
Mate please consider before you post

CobberRodgers

All Australian
Feb 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Saad would be a big upgrade on Dimma.

Blake’s footy has gone backwards a long way .

I’m just stating the truth which is hard to do on one of our own .

I sort of have to agree with this, but I’m also taking the second half of this season with a grain of salt, lot of blokes will have found it easy to check out early.

Signs for Dimma though were clear prior to that. I’d love to see him play forward, there’s a lot of pressure on down back at the moment and I think he’d be better suited up the other end where he can tackle and pester instead of having to worry about one dangerous forward and then also his kicking coming out. The one thing I have noticed this year is his kicking under pressure isn’t great.

Someone in the F50 with a bit of mongrel and that can tackle would be ideal. Love to see him forward. At least to get a little look at him.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
Saad would be a big upgrade on Dimma.

Blake’s footy has gone backwards a long way .

I’m just stating the truth which is hard to do on one of our own .

i agree but that wasn't my point

without getting into regressions and our own players etc. Blake is a solidified best 22 that, at his best, can come 2nd in the PCM in a year we make top 4. at worst (this year) he is still nowhere near being out of the side.

if Saad was a free hit/came cheaply then moves like this make sense, but given our current situation and the problems we have with many of our 'best 22', it is a much less logical choice to chase and give up a pick 20 to fix a dent when there are holes all around it

it would make sense to target positions like — outside midfield speed, a brutish midfield grunt, small fwds, a ruckman and one or two KPP. these types of players are who we should give up assets for

Polec is a Figjam who loves his own bath water. Not a great clubman
Hard pass
Someone needs to have a hard chat with him
hatd.gif

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Why are North desperate to offload Polec?

Not really the season for wingmen and he can play so they could find a role for him in the future.

I guess if they have a few FA coming in they may need to find the cap space, that has to be the only reason.

Also I'm sure a few clubs might be interested if he comes practically for free. I dont think he is someone we should chase but if he lands in our lap I don't mind.

On good money and North have recognized they aren't contending anytime soon, so are trying to fill holes in the squad for their rebuild. He's a tradable asset.

On good money and North have recognized they aren't contending anytime soon, so are trying to fill holes in the squad for their rebuild. He's a tradable asset.
Yeah fair enough, I've been reading some people's opinions that they will pay some of his salary and would trade him cheap. If they consider him an asset they will want something worthwhile back for him. Therefore I don't think he is a good fit for us.

Oct 4, 2005
In my happy place
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, NYJets
No chance for Polec. Discarded by Port when they were a rabble and discarded by north when they are a rabble should be enough for everyone.

He left Port because Rockliff was toxic. Reason why he left Brisbane also. Not sure what’s happened at North?

He left Port because Rockliff was toxic. Reason why he left Brisbane also. Not sure what’s happened at North?
He left Port because he got a massive $$$ offer from North. He and Port admitted as such. Nothing to do with Rockliff.

He left Brisbane because he wanted to go home to SA.

He might leave North because they have realised he's shite and overpaying

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He left Port because he got a massive $$$ offer from North. He and Port admitted as such. Nothing to do with Rockliff.

He left Brisbane because he wanted to go home to SA.

He might leave North because they have realised he's sh*te and overpaying
Rockcliff ran hazing for new players at Brisbane including pissing on them. Polec as you would expect was not a fan of this.

Rockcliff ran hazing for new players at Brisbane including pissing on them. Polec as you would expect was not a fan of this.
Polec left in 2013, Rockliff became captain in 2015. Brisbane were a basket case at the time and lost loads of players due to homesickness (Yeo, Docherty, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back