Competitions 2020 Fantasy Footy questions thread

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Hello Power fans if anyone is interested I'm setting up a series of SuperCoach Classic leagues based on promotion/relegation each season. 18 teams per league and the top four go up and the bottom four go down at the end of each season, much like the English Football Leagues. Premier League and League 2 is full but there are spots available in League 3 - the code is 393631.

If you join the league please let me know your team name so I know who is who. Cheers.

How is Ebert looking through the preseason? Is he guaranteed best 22 in 2020?
He spent plenty of time forward last year, is that set to continue, or will he be seeing midfield minutes?

Looking at him and Rozee, contemplating who to go with first.

Thanks in advance.

100% go with Rozee. 100%. I cannot emphasise enough how clearly you should go with Rozee.

Hello Power fans if anyone is interested I'm setting up a series of SuperCoach Classic leagues based on promotion/relegation each season. 18 teams per league and the top four go up and the bottom four go down at the end of each season, much like the English Football Leagues. Premier League and League 2 is full but there are spots available in League 3 - the code is 393631.

If you join the league please let me know your team name so I know who is who. Cheers.
Rano83 ^^

Apr 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team

The code for League 5 is 258657. Rano83 NSWCROW plenty of spots still available for anyone who wants to join

Apr 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Hello Power fans if anyone is interested I'm setting up a series of SuperCoach Classic leagues based on promotion/relegation each season. 18 teams per league and the top four go up and the bottom four go down at the end of each season, much like the English Football Leagues.
Four leagues are now full and I've set up a fifth: BFA League 5 - if you want to join the league code is 258657.

If you join up please let me know your team name so I can track who is who. Cheers

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What is the go with Trent McKenzie
Coaches seem hell-bent on fitting him into Dougal Howard's vacated spot ... Verdict is still out as to whether he is a good enough defender or not. He has some ok moments, but also got well beaten on the weekend.

At this stage, it looks like he will get the gig in rnd 1

Shooter#17

Team Captain
May 9, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees, KC Chiefs
Hey all, just curious into ladhams job security this season? Picked him up in a ultimate footy keeper league.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
With games 20% shorter, scores will be 20% lower. So will prices drop? Will they use the same formula for player prices causing them to drop or will they protect prices by (a) inflating scores by 20% or (b) using a lower “magic number” in the price formula.

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With games 20% shorter, scores will be 20% lower. So will prices drop? Will they use the same formula for player prices causing them to drop or will they protect prices by (a) inflating scores by 20% or (b) using a lower “magic number” in the price formula.

No evidence of lower scores. Player’s not as fatigued ball moves quicker and I’m not sure intensity is going to be there.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hey all, just curious into ladhams job security this season? Picked him up in a ultimate footy keeper league.
If Lycett is our, will most likely be getting a go but it’s not unthinkable that Hayes gets a run.

Both supremely talented Rucks, highly unlikely they play this year with Lycett fit and us playing 3 tall forwards

JimmyRecard

All Australian
Jan 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, MVFC
Hi all,

There was talk Houston would be playing midfield this year in pre-season? I have missed both of your games this year but his scoring appears to suggest he's not playing much mid. Has he been pushed down the pecking order by the likes of Rozee? Where is he playing mostly?

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi all,

There was talk Houston would be playing midfield this year in pre-season? I have missed both of your games this year but his scoring appears to suggest he's not playing much mid. Has he been pushed down the pecking order by the likes of Rozee? Where is he playing mostly?
He IS playing as a mid, but it has been more of a defensive mid role, along with him not showing the best form = not so great scoring.

Rozee playing more midfield minutes too hasn't helped, it seems to have changed his role a bit.

Any hope that Georgiades will return this week? And who will replace Burton? Thanks

A) Probably unlikely
B) Either Watts as a straight swap or Wines into the middle and Houston filling in for Burton down back. Personally I expect it'll be the latter.

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A) Probably unlikely
B) Either Watts as a straight swap or Wines into the middle and Houston filling in for Burton down back. Personally I expect it'll be the latter.
Is Houston going down back a good thing for his SC game do you think? Keen to give him the flick after the first 2 games... Appreciate your input btw :)

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi Port fans. Grats on the great start. Was hoping Darcy Byrne-Jones would be a breakout for me this year. Started well but has dropped off? Injury concerns or new role? Cheers in advance.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi Port fans. Grats on the great start. Was hoping Darcy Byrne-Jones would be a breakout for me this year. Started well but has dropped off? Injury concerns or new role? Cheers in advance.
Hasnt changed roles, but the defence is working well as a unit, and hasnt really been pushed so far, so he is playing his role. Both him and Houston havent been prolific scorers this year.

Back