Competitions 2020 Fantasy questions

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're wondering where to direct your fantasy questions, put them here. There are very few players I'd consider at our club, the only one I have as a must have is Devon Smith, at 335k (supercoach) he's a very handy M5 or F4. Darcy Parish is a maybe, awkwardly priced at 465k. Then there's Merrett, Heppell and Shiel as your 500k+ players in the middle.

What do you guys think?

If you're wondering where to direct your fantasy questions, put them here. There are very few players I'd consider at our club, the only one I have as a must have is Devon Smith, at 335k (supercoach) he's a very handy M5 or F4. Darcy Parish is a maybe, awkwardly priced at 465k. Then there's Merrett, Heppell and Shiel as your 500k+ players in the middle.

What do you guys think?

This is all based off SuperCoach pricing;

Hibberd if he plays could be a viable rookie option.

Smith pretty much a must at his price.

Merrett if he kicks more could be a top-10 mid, don’t think Shiel or Heppell will be.

McGrath could have some value but won’t be a keeper.

Parish as a FWD has potential given I think he’s very capable of a 90+ average season if he’s played through the middle. Not a bad ceiling either based off his 2019 stats.

I wouldn’t take him R1 personally but I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes in to consideration during the season.

Don’t think any other bombers are on the radar.

Hibberd at $192k is a lock if he plays. No questions.

Parish isn't bad as an F4 starter or a breakout player. Averaged 79 last year, but was 86 without his injury affected game. More mid time could see a 90 avg.

I won't be starting with Hep/Merrett/Shiel, but an upgrade to Merrett could be on the cards post-byes.

Drapes will be my 170k R3 option.

Townsend FWD at $266k could be an easy lock if he gets some midfield time. Can't see him going more than 60 as a pure FWD.

James Stewart at $316k is interesting. Looks in ripping nick and has averaged 60's in the past. One to watch.

Hibberd at $192k is a lock if he plays. No questions.

Parish isn't bad as an F4 starter or a breakout player. Averaged 79 last year, but was 86 without his injury affected game. More mid time could see a 90 avg.

I won't be starting with Hep/Merrett/Shiel, but an upgrade to Merrett could be on the cards post-byes.

Drapes will be my 170k R3 option.

Townsend FWD at $266k could be an easy lock if he gets some midfield time. Can't see him going more than 60 as a pure FWD.
Is this AFL Fantasy?

If he didn't have the ACL he'd be my R3 option. I'm thinking Strachan for R3 with Jacobs and Hunter gone from Adelaide

Is this AFL Fantasy?

If he didn't have the ACL he'd be my R3 option. I'm thinking Strachan for R3 with Jacobs and Hunter gone from Adelaide
Yeah, Fantasy.

Drapes won't be playing will probably the bye, yeah. But he is someone who I at least know will get game time - just a matter of when. Definitely not set in stone, though.

Yeah that's fair but I assume a young ROB will be playing every game. Strachan could debut at some point, though. Didn't they bring in that Power player - Frampton? I imagine he'd be second in line.

Yeah, Fantasy.

Drapes won't be playing will probably the bye, yeah. But he is someone who I at least know will get game time - just a matter of when. Definitely not set in stone, though.

Yeah that's fair but I assume a young ROB will be playing every game. Strachan could debut at some point, though. Didn't they bring in that Power player - Frampton? I imagine he'd be second in line.
I think they see Frampton as forward only, and for me Draper is round 15 prospect at best right now. I think he's 2nd in line for both at primary and forward/ruck role.

I think they see Frampton as forward only, and for me Draper is round 15 prospect at best right now. I think he's 2nd in line for both at primary and forward/ruck role.

I'd be surprised if Draper plays at AFL level in 2020 as long as Philips and/or Bellchambers are fit.

Think they'd prefer to give him time to rebuild his strength at VFL level with an eye to 2021 being ready for a full pre-season and confident in his knee. Unless his form is off the charts at VFL level post-byes that is.

Seen Townsend in a few AFL Fantasy teams. Is he a lock for Dons' best 22?
I was going to say most likely not. But given how much I've seen/read about him so far this pre-season, I'd say he's an almost certain starter. Especially now that Hibberd has gone down, too. Apparently wanting to be apart of the midfield group etc.

He sits in my team for now. Could go 60 as a forward and at least 70 pinch-hitting in the midfield imo.

Everyone is on Devin and I can definitely see the value at about 330k SC but in the year he had the midfield to himself before Shiel arrived he maxed out at 97.
Now with Shiel in the team plus more rotation for guys like Parish and Macgrath you would think 97 is not attainable again. So where does his average lay playing that fwd/mid role? Assuming the Bombers need him in the middle more than GWS did (where he averaged 90ish twice) we can probably assume he falls somewhere between 85 and low 90's at best.

As I said, I see the value per dollar but I don't see the 95+ scores some might be hoping for. 87-93 is my guess and reasonable F6 I suppose.

Feel free to dissect or add things, the more talk the better :)

Seen Townsend in a few AFL Fantasy teams. Is he a lock for Dons' best 22?
God I hope not.
Everyone is on Devin and I can definitely see the value at about 330k SC but in the year he had the midfield to himself before Shiel arrived he maxed out at 97.
Now with Shiel in the team plus more rotation for guys like Parish and Macgrath you would think 97 is not attainable again. So where does his average lay playing that fwd/mid role? Assuming the Bombers need him in the middle more than GWS did (where he averaged 90ish twice) we can probably assume he falls somewhere between 85 and low 90's at best.

As I said, I see the value per dollar but I don't see the 95+ scores some might be hoping for. 87-93 is my guess and reasonable F6 I suppose.

"To himself" with guys like Heppell, Merrett and Parish? He'll be playing midfield again and he'll have that high tackle count again as well as averaging low 20's for disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah only 3 guys on my radar really for supercoach.
Merrett as a midseason upgrade target, not priced cheap enough or a strong enough scorer to legit start him. Definitely capable of averaging 110+ at his best but there are some seriously good options available that could average 120+ that take priority.
Hibberd as a rookie if he plays.
Smith with that forward mid elegibility and a heavily discounted price is very appealing.

Other players could crop up but certainly not any must haves.

Outside Smith we don't have anyone fantasy relevant at the moment. Hibberd and Townsend might be downgrade options later in the year. Hurley and Merrett are too far away from being top of their positions to be considered this year.

Smith only needs to average 90+ to be a keeper as a FWD this season, don't see any way he misses that unless he's injured, might not be a 95+ again but for his price I think he's a lock.

Outside Smith we don't have anyone fantasy relevant at the moment. Hibberd and Townsend might be downgrade options later in the year. Hurley and Merrett are too far away from being top of their positions to be considered this year.

For AFL Fantasy scoring (e.g. Dreamteam) Merrett is a Top 10 mid, he just doesn't translate that to SuperCoach.

I wouldn't say nobody.

I still quite like Parish as a possible FWD starter. Without his injury affected game last year, he would've averaged 86 for the year. If he can improve that by 5 pts (which may translate to an extra 4-5% TOG) then he could sneak into top 6 forward calculations.

He doesn't have a huge ceiling, but he's a pretty consistent scorer. As a FWD though, I'm happy with consistency.

I wouldn't say nobody.

I still quite like Parish as a possible FWD starter. Without his injury affected game last year, he would've averaged 86 for the year. If he can improve that by 5 pts (which may translate to an extra 4-5% TOG) then he could sneak into top 6 forward calculations.

He doesn't have a huge ceiling, but he's a pretty consistent scorer. As a FWD though, I'm happy with consistency.

Parish is definitely one to watch, if he gets more mid time then I agree he could be a 90ish player, which is I think all you'll need from your forwards this year.

I think Whitfield is the only player who'll safely average 100+ every other forward has big question marks on them.

For Supercoach standard:

Premiums: None

- Zach Merrett would be the closest and for SC this year I can't see him breaking into the top 10 despite his durability.

Mid-Pricers: Darcy Parish, Devon Smith
- Parish looked promising when playing in the guts and if he is playing that role 100% of the time this year I could see him finishing top 6 as a forward. He's improved his average ever year, has good durability, good draft capital, has improved his average every year and is now entering his fifth year. We need good ball users in our midfield and Parish is definitely up there with Essendons better users. If you removed the game he was concussed last year his true average for the year was 88.9 (vs 85.7) and it's reasonable that he improves his average by 6 points to get to ~95 for the year. The reasons why you wouldn't pick him is if you don't believe he will be played in the guts or you think he's already peaked.
- Devon Smith I'm less bullish on... I don't see him finishing top 6 as his best SC season was on the back of record high tackling numbers. I can see him getting less time in the midfield this year too. If he isn't averaging more disposals then his 2018 season and he isn't reaching the same tackle numbers can he get back to a 98 average that would make him a keeper? Probably not!

Rookies: Mitch Hibberd, Sam Draper
- If Hibberd is named R1 then pick him up, but with the pre-season injury it looks like he may become a mid-year downgrade option
- Draper is also unlikely to play R1 due to his ACL which was done in May last year. There is a real chance he gets games later this year and I may consider starting him or D.Cameron over Comben at R3 anyway just so it doesn't require a trade to get a cash generating ruck into my side.

Parish is definitely one to watch, if he gets more mid time then I agree he could be a 90ish player, which is I think all you'll need from your forwards this year.

I think Whitfield is the only player who'll safely average 100+ every other forward has big question marks on them.
I do agree with that but I also think Dusty/Dev will both go 100+. Beyond those 3 though, there's barely any that I believe can go 90 - let alone 100 haha.

Parish is a JLT watch for me. If he's a constant starter at our CBA rotations (in the Marsh series) then he's likely in my squad for round one.

I do agree with that but I also think Dusty/Dev will both go 100+. Beyond those 3 though, there's barely any that I believe can go 90 - let alone 100 haha.

Parish is a JLT watch for me. If he's a constant starter at our CBA rotations (in the Marsh series) then he's likely in my squad for round one.

Smith's best year for SC was 97, not sure he'll exceed that given Parish, McGrath and Shiel all need to go through the centre as well now.

Fantasy wise with the extra trades Parish might be a good starting option, not sure you'd go there for SC given there's guys like Jack Steven and Smith already midpricers.

Dusty is a funny one, more than capable of going at 100+ if he wants to, but seems to lack interest at times.

Smith's best year for SC was 97, not sure he'll exceed that given Parish, McGrath and Shiel all need to go through the centre as well now.

Fantasy wise with the extra trades Parish might be a good starting option, not sure you'd go there for SC given there's guys like Jack Steven and Smith already midpricers.

Dusty is a funny one, more than capable of going at 100+ if he wants to, but seems to lack interest at times.
Yeah I'm not sure about SC - I only play Fantasy so assume my posts are in reference to that. Not sure how their scoring is in that system, or what their starting price is.

All I know is that in Fantasy at least, Smith will be top 3 come the end of the year as a FWD.

A few questions:

1. Given he's probably unlikely to play next week after that concussion, should I trade Vlaustin? When the round finishes obviously.
2. Darcy Cameron or Kieran Strachan? Leaning towards Strachan
3. Rankine and S Hill. Both are injured but both are expected to return soon. Trade or keep? I'm leaning towards trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back