Banter 2020 Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a good game tonight, hate Port with their silly little song and teal so go Tiges.
What bothers me most about the song is they try and give other teams in Australia **** for "copying them" when they quite clearly lifted if off Liverpool/a number of other soccer clubs or possibly another sport I am not aware of.

Either way it is cringe as ****.

I don't mind Port's pregame song. Good on them for getting something unique up and going. In 50 years it will be considered a grand old tradition and something that sets Port apart from other teams.

AFL fans are so conservative. They celebrate the traditions of the game when in reality if they'd been around when those traditions first started they would have criticised them for being different to the norms of the time.

I don't mind Port's pregame song. Good on them for getting something unique up and going. In 50 years it will be considered a grand old tradition and something that sets Port apart from other teams.

AFL fans are so conservative. They celebrate the traditions of the game when in reality if they'd been around when those traditions first started they would have criticised them for being different to the norms of the time.
Is there at least a link from INXS or something?

Nah it's beyond lame and hardly unique copying other sports. Feel embarrassed for them when I see it.

Freo had stuff before like the rock and the anchor but that was so bad it was good.

Is there at least a link from INXS or something?
from memory they use it as a symbol for how they were split into afl/sanfl clubs, and then came back ‘together’ circa 2010.

Feel a bit of Freo v Hawks 2015 about this prelim. Richmond by 3+ goals
Reckon Port are travelling a bit better than us although I'd argue that Cats kick average in front of goals and they would have won the QF.

Have thought the Cats and Tigers were the two best teams since West Coast left WA and haven't changed my mind yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel a bit of Freo v Hawks 2015 about this prelim. Richmond by 3+ goals
Who is going to miss from 10m straight in front.
cheers for reminding me about that game lads, I look forward to Lycett having a shot after the siren in the 2nd term that swings sharply late to hit the post

pretty ironic that the first wet final this year (I think) is not in Queensland, after all of the concerns beforehand.

If you can't handle a bit of moisture on the footy at this level fmd. Shouldn't ruin the 'spectacle'.

Port are one of the best wet weather teams in recent years.

Remember when they dismantled the eagles a couple of years ago as if it was a dry day? That was one of the cleanest wet weather performances I've ever seen from a team.

Port are one of the best wet weather teams in recent years.

Remember when they dismantled the eagles a couple of years ago as if it was a dry day? That was one of the cleanest wet weather performances I've ever seen from a team.
And Freo under Lyon towards the end a couple of drops of rain was like kryptonite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back