Banter 2020 Finals Discussion

May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
so one of Brisbane, a team of newbs, or Geelong, renowned finals chokers, will be facing up against Richmond for the GF which almost certainly be played in the rain? easy tip this

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
You just always knew Richmond would win in the end. Port under Hinkley reminds me a little of us under Ross. They need to work very very hard for their wins and also things to go right. Richmond just had too much class.

God I hope we can convince Shai Bolton home once he's a free agent. He was a massive Fremantle supporter.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tigers clearly the better team. When you base your game on territory and get smashed in clearances you aren't going to win often. This could easily have been 4 goals+.

Hopefully tomorrow's winner puts up more of a fight than GWS next week.

Sack Hinkley
I doubt it off the back of a McClelland and Prelim. Who knows, maybe you blokes come out and do 1 or 2 better next year.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thought a few port players were shown up tonight. Rockliff is a spud at the very highest level. Don’t care how many disposals be collects. No composure at all. Same with Powell pepper. Ya can’t be carrying Too many ball butchers at this level of the game. I hate the tigers but their midfield just had that extra tiny bit of composure and better ball use at critical times tonight.
it was a good example tonight of why we need to continue to draft and trade in good ball users. A freo Side heading into a prelim with players like Blakely and Colyer would end up in massive frustration for the fans.
As someone said above - a David Mundy is worth a million bucks in a game like tonight.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thought a few port players were shown up tonight. Rockliff is a spud at the very highest level. Don’t care how many disposals be collects. No composure at all. Same with Powell pepper. Ya can’t be carrying Too many ball butchers at this level of the game. I hate the tigers but their midfield just had that extra tiny bit of composure and better ball use at critical times tonight.
it was a good example tonight of why we need to continue to draft and trade in good ball users. A freo Side heading into a prelim with players like Blakely and Colyer would end up in massive frustration for the fans.
As someone said above - a David Mundy is worth a million bucks in a game like tonight.
Rockliff usually is reasonably composed but looked shocking tonight. Agree with SPP, he has none under finals pressure.

If we keep the whole team available, our worst kick is probably Pearce and of the smaller players maybe Hughes. Think most of the rest are ok.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rockliff usually is reasonably composed but looked shocking tonight. Agree with SPP, he has none under finals pressure.

If we keep the whole team available, our worst kick is probably Pearce and of the smaller players maybe Hughes. Think most of the rest are ok.
Ya I guess it’s not possibly to have 22 top class ball users. Even Richmond are carrying Pickett and a couple of others. However I’d be nervous if hypothetically we are 3 points up with a minute left in a prelim final and the ball is in the hands of Hughes, Conca or even Schultz. I’d hope Blakely or Colyer are not in the 22 by then.
what’s impressive about Richmond is they have managed to make some very limited players like macintosh and a couple of others look effective. Even Nankervis was effective and he’s not a big money ruck.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
So port were on top of the ladder all year and failed to make the GF.

PTSD from fremantle of 2015 who did the same thing.

Anyway hopefully by the time we reach our window richmond would be on the slide
Top spot is now cursed

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Two minutes to go Port had the ball forward of centre and they were a goal down. There was oodles of time to slow it down and find options, but they panicked and just rushed it forward haphazard like. Hopefully this is the calm and level-headedness JLo is instilling in the group, to always provide/find an option in frenetic moments.

Back