Banter 2020 Finals Discussion

May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
AFL since 2016: Fremantle go from 1st on the ladder to 4 wins and dont play finals with demoralzing beltings sprinkled generously throughout, Richmond win 3 flags, Martin 3 norm smiths and the Eagles snag a flag too. AFL can get the biggest, brownest dog right up it.

shoutout to Mason Cox for possibly preventing a Richmond 4peat
Ugggh, Richmond supporters are going to put Hawks supporters to shame after this one
I’m going to have to stay off the main board and ranking draft threads for the next 4 months at least
AFL since 2016: Fremantle go from 1st on the ladder to 4 wins and dont play finals with demoralzing beltings sprinkled generously throughout, Richmond win 3 flags, Martin 3 norm smiths and the Eagles snag a flag too. AFL can get the biggest, brownest dog right up it.
footy was funnier when Richmond was s**t and no-one can change my mind

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geelong needed more Jordan Clark today

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Know what else is farked, Pickett just started playing AFL footy last year and now has two premiership medals. Credit to the guy though, the man is a 1 percenter beast.

May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I still just don't know about this Richmond team. Maybe it's just bias but I still think they would get murdered by teams like the 07'-11 Cats, 08 Hawks, 13-15 Hawks 10-11 Collingwood or even the 09 Saints. I think their style is just perfectly suited to finals and its simple enough for every player to buy into it entirely so everyone knows whats expected to win. I also feel like AFL equalisation has resulted in a comp that's relatively more even, so there's no super teams going though with %'s of like 150+. But hey a flags a flag I guess.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s justified. Just enjoy watching a legend in his prime.
No way. He played ok but no way was he best on ground. A couple of goals were gotten in junk time for starters. Shows how perceptions rule these sort of awards. Norm Smith is possibly the most overrated award of all time. It has a lot of luster as it generally means you have a premiership, but individually you can be in amongst the pack and still win it.

Cameron_K

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 23, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets, Astros, Texans
No way. He played ok but no way was he best on ground. A couple of goals were gotten in junk time for starters. Shows how perceptions rule these sort of awards. Norm Smith is possibly the most overrated award of all time. It has a lot of luster as it generally means you have a premiership, but individually you can be in amongst the pack and still win it.

Without his goal before half time they don't win the game, it's as simple as that.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
shoutout to Mason Cox for possibly preventing a Richmond 4peat

I’m going to have to stay off the main board and ranking draft threads for the next 4 months at least

footy was funnier when Richmond was sh*t and no-one can change my mind

To think I used to hate Richmond cod they were so pathetic and laughable and they used to try and buy in players every year for it only to go arse-up and they’d still be as s**t as they were the year before. My secret fear was that we’d end up like them - just s**t year in and year out. ‘* I hope we don’t end up like Richmond - pathetic bunch of ‘Maurice Rioli thieving acting like they discovered him’ bunch of useless campaigners’.
And there they were, and here we are, and there that are... is there hope?

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Know what else is farked, Pickett just started playing AFL footy last year and now has two premiership medals. Credit to the guy though, the man is a 1 percenter beast.
Yeah well he missed out on one with South Freo so let him suck on that one!

Back