malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Geelong outcoached by the Tigers. Scott kept Danger in the forward 50 the entire third quarter, never gave him a chance to put a stamp in the midfield with any consistency was too bothered with keeping Grimes away from the ball. When your coaching plan revolves around stopping a key defender you've lost the game. Cats lost their nerve, fumbled the ball, stopped running. Guthrie no stat in the second quarter, Henry and Kolo are average at best defenders and I've no idea what Rohan does..
You could see it when they went 35-13 up and Gaz is backchatting and grinning like they had it already, from there it was downhill all the way.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well i must admit a few years ago when Richmond continually trolled their fans by coming 9th, losing games they were expected to win or losing games in the last minute i never thought they win a premiership they always seem cursed. They now have 3 in 4 years.

What i also realise is it just goes to show premierships are not only hard to win but you also need a lot of luck on who you play in the finals. West coast 2018 lucked in because collingwood ambushed tigers week before.

I don't think west coast win the flag if they played Richmond in that GF.

Then look at us in 2013 if only we played geelong instead of our bogey team in hawthorn in a GF. We may have jagged a flag.
Also the value of kicking straight. Varcoe kicks a goal from 25 out directly in front to draw Cats level with seconds to go on that prelim. Also Freo had good chances to nail 4 highly gettable goals in that first quarter, before the Hawks had more than one.

Likewise Geelong fluffed their chances to put the Tigers away last night in that first half.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Best part of Richmond winning 3
It diminishes the Hawks, Cats,Lions 3 flag wankfest

Those 3 teams are relatively HUMBLE, compared with the Tigers fans.

For a start, yesterday’s team had a number of passengers, Brissie rarely had passengers. That puts it in perspective.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

For a start, yesterday’s team had a number of passengers, Brissie rarely had passengers. That puts it in perspective.
I actually found the Tigers fans to be way less arrogant than Geelong and Hawks fans.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Everyone stop reopening that 2013 wound. Please.

Hows your head mike91?
I don't drink....I was simply replying to a nuffie at the time (not you).

Not my fault people don't know how to read. I said the media love is over the top, like showing Dusty change his shoes or tie his shoelaces a few times within minutes. Or doing a good kick, which we see often, but when he does it it's "did you see that? No one else can kick it like it that". Whenever he's near it, the commentators become cheerleaders.

Not saying he's a spud, actually said years ago he'll be one of the best in the comp. Not saying he isn't a gun or that he didn't deserve the Norm last night, simply stating the bleeding obvious - media is over the top.

Would you say that makes me drunk?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
I think we're talking about a different goal. It was a fend off of a player off balance after the ball spilt right to him and a quick snap (just off centre, not really near the boundary nor Dangerfield). Great weapons to have, but right in his wheelhouse.
That was was pretty good. But that other one was next level (or two).

Plenty of passengers yesterday for tigs

Grimes, houli, cotchin,jack r, tom lynch ,rioli prestia, pickett & im excluding vlaustin and broad for obvious reasons.

It was pretty much Dusty, Nank, Edwards and short vs Geelong & they still won.

Pretty scary

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals

Grimes, houli, cotchin,jack r, tom lynch ,rioli prestia, pickett & im excluding vlaustin and broad for obvious reasons.

Pretty scary
Houli tore his calf in the first quarter. Grimes was pulled back to the square. Rioli is garbage.

Richmond won the flag in 2009.. not literally but Jordan McMahon kicking that goal after the siren.. changed the course of AFL tbh
There was a three game patch in their season where they went Draw (North), Win (Essendon), Win (Melbourne).

If those three games hadn't gone that way then Melbourne wouldn't have had a priority pick, Richmond would have had a second round priority pick.

Dustin would probably still have been at Richmond with pick #2, we would have taken Morabito at #3 - but their pick #18 and #20 might have meant they picked Fyfe before us.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Houli tore his calf in the first quarter. Grimes was pulled back to the square. Rioli is garbage.
I’ll see your Rioli & raise you Gary Rohan.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
I’ll see your Rioli & raise you Gary Rohan.

Rohan makes Schultz & Crowden look like superstars.

He’s the Petracelle of the Cats, runs fast but ........

NB. I loooove Schultz & Crowden

Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle

Pretty scary
We were watching a different game if Prestia and Pickett were passengers.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
We were watching a different game if Prestia and Pickett were passengers.
Shai Bolton was pretty bloody handy all day.

Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
Shai Bolton was pretty bloody handy all day.
Yep, was great all year, heading towards a-grader terrirtory.

Pretty scary

Pickett was really good. He didn't get a tonne of the ball and his disposal wasn't the greatest (not that he was alone in that), but his pressure and 1%ers were massive.

Pickett was really good. He didn't get a tonne of the ball and his disposal wasn't the greatest (not that he was alone in that), but his pressure and 1%ers were massive.
Didnt think he was that great, disposal was subpar.

His smothers were handy that I'll grant you.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

Pretty scary

The problem is even more passengers from Geelong:
Rohan yet again god awful in finals
Tuoy couldn’t get going.
Parfitt was at nearly every centre bounce and only had 7 disposals.
Kolodjashnij got dominated by Dusty.
Bews manages to get games as an absolute spud.
Stanley is a tall meathead that reminds me of Zac Clarke. Great in the air, but decision making is woeful.
Most of all, Dangerfield. What a mare that guy had.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
The problem is even more passengers from Geelong:
Rohan yet again god awful in finals
Tuoy couldn’t get going.
Parfitt was at nearly every centre bounce and only had 7 disposals.
Kolodjashnij got dominated by Dusty.
Bews manages to get games as an absolute spud.
Stanley is a tall meathead that reminds me of Zac Clarke. Great in the air, but decision making is woeful.
Most of all, Dangerfield. What a mare that guy had.
You forgot Blicavs - a liability at times. Dalhaus was also a passenger and got in Hawkins way at one point for an easy mark I-50.
Henry was also decidedly average. If Jordan Clark can’t get a game ahead of Bews I’d be very dubious about how good he really is?

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
A couple of side notes from the GF yesterday.

Leigh Matthews was the chairman of the Norm Smith panel & in his haste gave Nathan Broad 2 votes instead of Jayden Short, because he was rushed & got the names mixed up. Lucky for him Short wasn’t a vote behind Dusty.

Nick Vlastuin in the Fox Sports game rankings got a 4 out of 10. Not bad for 5 minutes work.

Last edited:

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
A couple of side notes from the GF yesterday.

Leigh Matthews was the chairman of the Norm Smith panel & in his haste gave Nathan Broad 2 votes instead of Jayden Short, because he was rushed & got the names mixed up. Lucky for him Short wasn’t a vote behind Dusty.

Nick Vlastuin the Fox Sports rankings got a 4 out of 10. Not bad for 5 minutes work.
Seriously, when are media exec’s going to realise,the guys been going senile for years

Back