Oppo Camp 2020 Finals Series: Non Pies Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Suck s**t you dog campaigner. Piece of s**t.

If all the times this year that Tom Lynch got away with borderline incidents led him to being stupid enough to do that tonight I'll take it. A good chance to get a week. Does that moron not realise that there are cameras recording everything?

Cotchin should get a week as well for such a dangerous action.

It wasn't just the knee either, he was prone on his chest before rolling over to intentionally put all his weight on the bloke's face even before he drove the knee in.

I think Lynch’s knee came down on the Saints’ player’s shoulder, not face. So I don’t think he’ll have a case to answer.

No doubt Lynch is a dirty player but so far he has been the master of pushing it to the limit of suspension, without quite crossing the line.

Cotchin on the other hand totally deserves to be rubbed out for that head-high sling tackle but is a protected species, like Selwood.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the now well developed and documented back line theory for most clubs making key forwards almost irrelevant clubs may revert to chaos ball forward entries.
Defensive tactics are too complete to be circumvented by tactical moves so I don't see any viable alternative.

Since I am relatively new to the AFL in general, why not try kicking it farther? I mean why worry about forward entries if you don't have to actually enter? Is it that difficult to hit torpedoes toward the goals? I feel like it would solve a lot of the inside 50 congestion if the range of makable kicks increased 10-15m to 60-65, the extra danger area would stretch the defense a little more.

I don't want super goals or anything (maybe a slightly farther flying football) but I have wondered why kicking from long range is not actively pursued... Are they maxed out?

Except there’s precedent: https://www.3aw.com.au/hawk-suspended-over-knee-on-joel-selwood/

Granted he’s a Tiger, so he’ll probably be rewarded for it. But it’s a suspendable offence
Nice pick up gouki.

I wouldn't have thought that the Sicily one was worth a week either. But obviously it was.

Using that as a precedent then yeah I guess Lynch may have a case to answer.

Personally though, if Lynch does get off I won't be crying foul.
I would hate to see a Collingwood player get rubbed out for something so trivial.
He barely touched him. It's not like he drove his knee into the opponents face, it was a scrape at best.

Nice pick up gouki.

I wouldn't have thought that the Sicily one was worth a week either. But obviously it was.

I would hate to see a Collingwood player get rubbed out for something so trivial.
He barely touched him. It's not like he drove his knee into the opponents face, it was a scrape at best.
Yeah there wasn't enough force to break the skin off a custard. He's no doubt a bit on the thuggish side, but I think he'll be right with this one

Nice pick up gouki.

Yeah, I personally have no doubt that he'll somehow get off, but the AFL seems hell-bent on getting that kind of "bad look for the game" behaviour stamped out.

Either way I guarantee Port players will be trying to make him do something stupid next week, lol

Yeah there wasn't enough force to break the skin off a custard. He's no doubt a bit on the thuggish side, but I think he'll be right with this one
He's a thug all right and a sneaking cunning thug who knows exactly how much the AFL will allow him to get away with.
In days gone by an enforcer would have laid him out cold.

Yeah, I personally have no doubt that he'll somehow get off, but the AFL seems hell-bent on getting that kind of "bad look for the game" behaviour stamped out.

Either way I guarantee Port players will be trying to make him do something stupid next week, lol
Maybe, but that won’t help Port, it’ll help whoever makes the GF on the other side of the draw... unless you are suggesting it impacted his goal kicking accuracy.

this Richmond team is so easy to hate. Never seen a bigger bunch of flogs. Geeze I hope port knocks them off
It certainly is but it's the AFL that's to blame.
Clearly consistent favouring by umpires at every opportunity.
The club is protected.
No other competition in the world would have Cotchin getting away with his blatant thuggery year after year after year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back