Oppo Camp 2020 Finals Series: Non Pies Games

Remove this Banner Ad

If all the times this year that Tom Lynch got away with borderline incidents led him to being stupid enough to do that tonight I'll take it. A good chance to get a week. Does that moron not realise that there are cameras recording everything?

Cotchin should get a week as well for such a dangerous action.

There was nothing in the Lynch incident. Should be a fine.

But I’d give a week for rough conduct to Cotchin for a body slam whilst holding a player in a headlock. It’s not WWF!!!!

Maybe, but that won’t help Port, it’ll help whoever makes the GF on the other side of the draw... unless you are suggesting it impacted his goal kicking accuracy.
I think it does tend to take him out of the game, but Port kept him to just the lone goal last time they met. Port also did well in forcing Hawkins into shots from the boundary

He's a thug all right and a sneaking cunning thug who knows exactly how much the AFL will allow him to get away with.
In days gone by an enforcer would have laid him out cold.
No doubt that these days there isn't any such thing as a Dennis Banks type "square-up", which means those types of acts usually go unpunished. Back in the day the pretend tough guys would think twice about dishing out that sort of cheap shot.

No doubt that these days there isn't any such thing as a Dennis Banks type "square-up", which means those types of acts usually go unpunished. Back in the day the pretend tough guys would think twice about dishing out that sort of cheap shot.
Yeah Pedro imagine him facing up to the Weid.
Murray would have had him for breakfast lol.

How does Cotchin's incident not even get noted? Based on the "potential to cause injury" factor its one of the most dangerous actions I've seen this year?

I wouldn't mind Lynch getting a fine if it was an isolated incident. But that bloke does dirty things behind the ball every other week and is happy to pay a fine each time, its not a deterrent for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Cotchin's incident not even get noted? Based on the "potential to cause injury" factor its one of the most dangerous actions I've seen this year?

I wouldn't mind Lynch getting a fine if it was an isolated incident. But that bloke does dirty things behind the ball every other week and is happy to pay a fine each time, its not a deterrent for him.

Plays for Richmond

Cotchin apparently said that ‘arms slipping high is part of the game’. Watch the incident with those words in your ears. Hope Powell Pepper gives him a front full of shirt next Friday night 🤬

Cotchin apparently said that ‘arms slipping high is part of the game’. Watch the incident with those words in your ears. Hope Powell Pepper gives him a front full of shirt next Friday night 🤬
He's got me there. At least two times a game all season players have had a tackle slip high, then proceeded to grab that player around the neck and then sling them violently into the ground. How silly of me to forget its part of the game.

Probably in the minority here, but Lynch’s incident was nothing. We’d be up in arms if the shoe was on the other foot. I am surprised he even got a fine but probably comes down to his record this year.

Probably in the minority here, but Lynch’s incident was nothing. We’d be up in arms if the shoe was on the other foot. I am surprised he even got a fine but probably comes down to his record this year.
We’d be up in arms as he gets two weeks and misses another farking GF. But yeah, predictably got away with it.

Dougal Howard isn’t always this much of a spud right?

One deliberate, one OOTF and one goal kicked by his man after winning a 1v1

Assume he normally wouldn't have to take Lynch, Carlisle would get that role. Was fantastic against the Doggies.

Here's to hoping Port and Brisbane win and battle it out for the who cares cup next week.
Both have been kissed on the dicks regarding home advantage, lack of travel and lack of injuries. I think if either take it out it will go down as a tainted premiership based on the above advantages and this bastardized format.

Here's to hoping Port and Brisbane win and battle it out for the who cares cup next week.
Both have been kissed on the dicks regarding home advantage, lack of travel and lack of injuries. I think if either take it out it will go down as a tainted premiership based on the above advantages and this bastardized format.

Was thinking the same. I feel as though if Richmond play Brisbane or Geelong play Port, either Brisbane or Port will choke GWS style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back