Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same here. Annoying that this is what $187 got me, but I'm happy to have a ticket.

I like the section (sat there for the first AO Showdown) but it is annoying you need to go down two flights of stairs for a beer ;)

I didn't get a ticket as no time to spend on site today (until now).

Bugger, oh well, air con and whiskey it'll have to be :).

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if Wedenesday or Thursday the AFL doesn't take up all it's allocation and there are some tickets put back in the pool. So you might not be absolutely locked out yet if you didn't get tickets. Remember it ain't over till it's over.

Don't be surprised if Wedenesday or Thursday the AFL doesn't take up all it's allocation and there are some tickets put back in the pool. So you might not be absolutely locked out yet if you didn't get tickets. Remember it ain't over till it's over.
Meh, it's $400 towards my GF tickets :)!

I got very nervous waiting for my allocation window session (or whatever they called it) - was taking too long for my liking! Just glad we got tickets in the end! I agree that the capacity limit doesn't make sense as things currently stand - should have been a relatively cruisy ticket purchase with plenty of opportunity for almost everyone to get seats.

Does anyone know if you can update a child final ticket to adult or is it simply the case if one kid can't go you have to hunt for another kid.

I know during the normal season you are able to upgrade tickets from child to adult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priority 2, logged into Ticketek 20 minutes before, making sure to sign in this time

Put in my number, clicked tickets button. Told no tickets available under that priority, so system took me back to the 10 seconds count down clock. Stayed there.

At a few seconds past 11am the screen changed, so I entered my code, chose best available, and got Section 101, Row E. Expensive but looks good.

I will use the same process next year.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Matthew Richardson press conference - 12 October 2020

Richo has answered a conundrum that has dogged my understanding of how many tickets actually can be sold at AO.

He said SA Health have allowed 27,000 ( ie 50% of 53,500 capacity ) but AFL protocols say that nobody can sit in Row A of aisles at ground level, and in any of the aisles around the interchange bench, so Richo said 1,500 tickets are Covid Killed so that means only 25,500 seats/tickets are saleable.

So given there are about 44 aisles at ground level at an average of about 25 seats per aisle in row A, and 4 aisles of about 150/200 seats per aisle around the interchange area, there are the 1,500 seats SA Health have given the SMA the right to can sell but the AFL for its Covid protocols have taken those seats out of the saleable pool.

Does anyone know if you can update a child final ticket to adult or is it simply the case if one kid can't go you have to hunt for another kid.

I know during the normal season you are able to upgrade tickets from child to adult.

Yep, you can upgrade but make sure you have whoever bought the ticket with you. I believe they refund the ticket and sell a 'new' one. You can't/don't pay the difference on the day.

bay 149. never sat down the northern end. next to richmond supporters i presume. hope we got port some port heads in our bay.
I am on 149 and I think the other 4 on my group are also Port supporters. At least 2 of them I know are Port supporters.

Go to one of the 3 ticket offices at the ground and pay an upgrade fee. Just say your kid is sick.
Edit what sog35 said a couple of posts up is the updated process for finals.

I am on 149 and I think the other 4 on my group are also Port supporters. At least 2 of them I know are Port supporters.
nice! i really hope that the fence shown on the virtual viewer isn't as annoying as it looks in this.

Got tickets on the hill woohoo
The old man got on at 11 and got tickets
Guess we got lucky with the amount of people that didnā€™t get any going on at that time
I thought he said they were only $68 each

Qantas have added one ADL-BNE flight on Saturday (10:00) and two BNE-ADL flight on Sunday (11:00 and 12:10) that weren't there before, obviously in response to demand... if anyone wants to book some flex tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back