Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, you can upgrade but make sure you have whoever bought the ticket with you. I believe they refund the ticket and sell a 'new' one. You can't/don't pay the difference on the day.

Is this done through a ticketek outlet? If someone is an adult that uses a concession ticket to get in, how would the AO staff actually know. I’ve never seen them check ID’s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cue all the non members complaining it isn't fair they couldn't purchase tickets.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Facebook is full of them.

“Ive been to 2 games in 12 years. I can’t believe Travis Boak didnt hand deliver a locker room ticket to me. Its a disgrace”

Sucks that not all members get a shot before general public, but apparently AFL only allow 2 categories before general sale. There has to be a better way to do it but AFL don't really give a stuff.
This year is unique and hence those that have pledged 100% get priority 1 with the rest priority 2. I doubt anyone from the general public would have got a ticket.

Last edited:
I am on 149 and I think the other 4 on my group are also Port supporters. At least 2 of them I know are Port supporters.

Missus and I are AO members and got 148. She's a Port supporter. I would presume that bay largely Port supporters if it's an AO bay. The handful of times we've used our tickets we've been up in the nosebleeds. Got row B, so pumped to see some up close action.

Is this done through a ticketek outlet? If someone is an adult that uses a concession ticket to get in, how would the AO staff actually know. I’ve never seen them check ID’s.

Not sure if you can do it during the lead up, but absolutely can do pre-game at the ticket booths around the oval. Concession tickets flash up a different colour on the back of the turnstile from memory. Assume they only check for obvious breaches as I haven't seen a check either.

On the back of the turnstile there are 2 lights, Adults light up Green/ Green... Concession and kids light up Green/ Orange.

half the time I accidentally scan in with my sons ticket and he will have mine - I’ve never been pulled up and stopped... if you go in when the crowd is at peak, I’d be surprised if you don’t just get in.

Not sure if you can do it during the lead up, but absolutely can do pre-game at the ticket booths around the oval. Concession tickets flash up a different colour on the back of the turnstile from memory. Assume they only check for obvious breaches as I haven't seen a check either.

Are these ticket booths at the game open right up until the first bounce?

As a black diamond member I am curious to know who gets those seats during finals such as section 335, 336, 337 etc.
Is it AFL members.
Is luck of draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a black diamond member I am curious to know who gets those seats during finals such as section 335, 336, 337 etc.
Is it AFL members.
Is luck of draw.

Luck of the draw... I ended up in one of those bays for Friday night having not been allocated there all season and having Platinum season tickets down in 133

So the priority list for the grand final is out now. Only way to be guaranteed to go is to be 1870 or life member who has pledged 100%. That makes you priority 1

Priority 2 being black diamond or platinum who have pledged.

I’ve got flights but are not either of those.

Anyone know a 1870 or Lifer who has no chance of going and would swap their barcode for a nice bottle Champagne or similar

:)

So the priority list for the grand final is out now. Only way to be guaranteed to go is to be 1870 or life member who has pledged 100%. That makes you priority 1

Priority 2 being black diamond or platinum who have pledged.

I’ve got flights but are not either of those.

Anyone know a 1870 or Lifer who has no chance of going and would swap their barcode for a nice bottle Champagne or similar

:)

I think anyone who wants to go and can pay for it will end up going. You'll be fine.

Me too!

at the moment I can drop $2400 and be guaranteed a ticket - but geez, that’s a bit rich.

I'm still bemused by Black Diamond members being placed in priority group 2. I'm sure I won't have a problem getting a ticket, it just doesn't really make sense.

Me too!

at the moment I can drop $2400 and be guaranteed a ticket - but geez, that’s a bit rich.

I’m in the same conundrum at the moment. I’m gold so cat 3, but tossing and turning about whether to pay the 2500 for a package. Would prefer not too but probs will if we win as soon as the siren goes. If I get one with my membership, I’ll give it to my dad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back