Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The Financial PR handout is out:
Fremantle 2020 financial result (fremantlefc.com.au)

The Fremantle Football Club lodged its 2020 financial result, reporting an operating loss which was limited to $1,065,110 thanks, in part, to the generous support of the club’s members and supporters.

Fremantle CEO Simon Garlick expressed the Club’s gratitude to all members, sponsors and premium partners who took part in the Club’s Forever Campaign to ensure the Club maintained its financial independence, despite the significant challenges of 2020.

“Given the significant impact of the pandemic on the AFL industry and our Club, the result is a reasonable outcome, particularly as we were able to remain debt free throughout 2020,” Garlick said.

“Importantly, we were also able to finish the financial year with close to $4 million in cash reserves, despite our year-on-year revenue being reduced by more than 30 per cent.

“2021 provides another huge challenge, given both the uncertainty that remains and the fact that our closing cash reserves are mostly due to membership credits from the Forever Campaign that will carry forward into the 2021 season.

“With this in mind, we will again need to rely heavily on the incredible support of the Purple Army.

“When combined with a continued on-field improvement from both our AFL and AFLW teams, we believe our Club will emerge strongly from the current pandemic.”

Thanks for your interest, its noted.
A lot of that loss would be payouts to Ross Lyon & Rosich.
Fairly good result under the circumstances, and if we get the chance to play at Optus I'm sure the turnaround will be swift and financial

Excellent result under the circumstances, especially as you say with the payouts. I'm not sure that the cost cutting - fewer coaches and the like - will necessarily be a negative for well-run clubs.

If ever there was a chance for Tonga Bob to earn his first kill as a mod, surely this is it

Well done freo FC, not supporting mediocrity but given the year - including the payouts and redundancies that would have happened - a good result.

And a big shout to the fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If ever there was a chance for Tonga Bob to earn his first kill as a mod, surely this is it

Only posted as I could not find a relevant thread on the Freo site.

My interest is the business of sport in this case our great game, not some petty 'my mobs better than yours'.

Freo have done a great job off field recently & Simon Garlick is transparent,& hopefully it is catching across town.

You may be interested to know the financial reporting by the WA clubs is highly regarded by informed commentators of our game.

Is the AFL still borrowing tens of millions of dollars from West Coast/Big daddy WAFC to get them through?

If it's $22 million to match their loss last season and amounts to a future 10% of profit sharing into infinity then I think Freo should hold a fundraising event and try and front a quarter to half of that money.

If we can lock in 2.5% to 5% of AFL earnings into the future for a $5.5m to $11m pain now we would be laughing in five years.

The AFL makes about $50m in profit a regular season, assuming we fronted $11,000,000 for 5% of future earnings we would be in the black in five years and returning $2.5m a year from then on.

I'd be on the phone to Woodside to lock them in as a sponsor for the next ten to fifteen years with an upfront payment of $11,000,000.

Only posted as I could not find a relevant thread on the Freo site.

My interest is the business of sport in this case our great game, not some petty 'my mobs better than yours'.

Yeah right, so you've gone and started similar threads on 16 other club boards I bet? All in the interests of discussing the business of sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back