Melbourne 3 (1 Interstate)
North Melbourne 3 (1 Interstate)
Port Adelaide 2
Richmond 3 (1 Interstate)
St Kilda 2
Sydney 1
West Coast 3
Western Bulldogs 2 (1 Interstate)

Until we can prove worthy of a FTA or Prime time slot game then ch7 won’t want any of our games.. General afl fans don’t want to watch us get pumped

That's it, though I would like a provision that every team plays at least 1 Thursday/Friday night game a season.
The NRL do it (in regards to at least one NRL match.

however what is concerning for GC sport is that the Titans only have one FTA game this year and the Suns have none.. 1 out of 20 for the Titans and what would have been 0 out of 22 for the Suns.... not a good stat

Good news, we don't leave QLD till Rd 5.

Round 2
Gold Coast Suns vs West Coast Eagles, Metricon Stadium, 7:40pm

Round 3
Gold Coast Suns vs Adelaide Crows, Metricon Stadium, 1:05pm

Round 4
Gold Coast Suns vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium, 7:40pm

Round 5
Geelong Cats vs Gold Coast Suns, GMHBA, 4:35pm

So when they Allow some members into games we will have already played the vast majority if not all of our home games already??
So the long suffering members are quite royally being totally screwed over while members of other clubs can look forward to maybe going to a few games later in the year.
Great.

So when they Allow some members into games we will have already played the vast majority if not all of our home games already??
So the long suffering members are quite royally being totally screwed over while members of other clubs can look forward to maybe going to a few games later in the year.
Great.
If they for example let crowds in later in the year and we get a bunch of Vic games seeing the home games are being taken up now, would they let suns Victorian members in to watch

If they for example let crowds in later in the year and we get a bunch of Vic games seeing the home games are being taken up now, would they let suns Victorian members in to watch

Yeah so the VFL will have taken our money with nothing to give us but the oh so precious members of the almighty VFL clubs will see at least a game or two.
Being totally screwed over here.
Please correct me if my logic is missing something.

This is some of the best stuff our club has ever done

Just to follow up on this. My wife who works in the digital space and has no real interest in AFL commented on how well put together this post is. Top marks as I mentioned before and I want them to put more stuff like this up.

Yeah so the VFL will have taken our money with nothing to give us but the oh so precious members of the almighty VFL clubs will see at least a game or two.
Being totally screwed over here.
Please correct me if my logic is missing something.
I think the logic thinking there will be crowds at any games this year is flawed.

Also think that members of other clubs eg. St Kilda would scoff at your 'long suffering members' quote.

I think the logic thinking there will be crowds at any games this year is flawed.

Also think that members of other clubs eg. St Kilda would scoff at your 'long suffering members' quote.

St Kilda fans have been to Grand Finals and experienced Finals wins in our time.
I’d have loved to have sung the song and experienced some finals wins and A GF experience. Plus all the home and away wins in getting there.
Anyway looks like their members could get a few games for the money they’ve given over this year later on. They Get something at least.
We are close to zero chance because we are going to play our home games now.
We As in GC resident Suns members are the lowest class of the VFL citizenry.
Those games behind close doors In the “Hub” don’t all need to be counted as our home games.
Getting punished for being the hosts.

I reckon there will be small crowds allowed at games from about round 6
10th July permits 100 people for community sport as per the queensland roadmap.

Honestly, can't believe that the first response to confirmation we are getting games back is to complain.

St Kilda fans have been to Grand Finals and experienced Finals wins in our time.
I’d have loved to have sung the song and experienced some finals wins and A GF experience. Plus all the home and away wins in getting there.
Anyway looks like their members could get a few games for the money they’ve given over this year later on. They Get something at least.
We are close to zero chance because we are going to play our home games now.
We As in GC resident Suns members are the lowest class of the VFL citizenry.
Those games behind close doors In the “Hub” don’t all need to be counted as our home games.
Getting punished for being the hosts.
Hardly.
Honestly, just stop complaining mate, it's boring online.
Couldn't fathom hearing it non-stop in real-life.

I imagine those interstate teams needing to be stationed on the Gold Coast for a month would kill to play a few home games early in the year.
Adelaide is playing a home game at Metricon!
Like most years, we are going to be our best early on. Having a few home games early on gives us a decent chance of winning some games. I care more about that than the small chance we get to see one or two games live.

All things considered, I don't think the club, or the players would be disappointed.
I'm not, and I don't know how many other fans that would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly.
Honestly, just stop complaining mate, it's boring online.
Couldn't fathom hearing it non-stop in real-life.

I imagine those interstate teams needing to be stationed on the Gold Coast for a month would kill to play a few home games early in the year.
Adelaide is playing a home game at Metricon!
Like most years, we are going to be our best early on. Having a few home games early on gives us a decent chance of winning some games. I care more about that than the small chance we get to see one or two games live.

All things considered, I don't think the club, or the players would be disappointed.
I'm not, and I don't know how many other fans that would.

Don’t get personal. It’s a forum. Also if you find me boring just use the block function.
There are plenty of posts written where I begin reading and decide it’s content isn’t of interest to me so I just glaze over it. I don’t reply by writing about how boring their content is. Others might love that same post that does nothing for me.

Anyway, I’m saying one or two of these games at Metricon could be provisionally called an away game.
It just is called for example WCE v GC on the draw. (But at Metricon)
So later on we have a crack at seeing some games too.
It could be fixed now.

Or was just thinking after Round 5 away v Geelong maybe we should go be in a Hub in Sydney for example and do 3 away games there in order to balance it back up again.
Then after 8 rounds we’ve had 4 home and 4 away and any allowing of members into games can be fairer again.

Last edited:
What time is your Geelong game?

Flying in on the morning of the game is a bit rough. Especially to then have to bus to Geelong.
this is where it gets s**t. I just don't get why the AFL would do this.

Geelong always has an advantage playing at GMHBA, this just makes the gap wider...

this is where it gets s**t. I just don't get why the AFL would do this.

Geelong always has an advantage playing at GMHBA, this just makes the gap wider...
So players don't have to stay in hotels, go outside, mix with the community ect. Fly in fly out reduces the chance of contact with the public.

I understand that but we want players performing at their best not jetlagged from travelling all morning

C'mon....we're not the only Club having to do that. Of course it's not ideal, and all Clubs would like their players at their best, but it is what it is.... build the bridge.

Last edited:
All fairness goes out the window this year, just need to get through and get the footy played, regardless of how it gets done, the pandemic will define this season. Don't mind it, as we aren't a chance to do much this season anyway.

Fly at 9am into Avalon, land at 11am and you are only 30 mins from Geelong gives you 5 hours to get accustomed to the conditions, not the worst thing. All clubs will have to do it this year as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back