News 2020 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to follow up on this. My wife who works in the digital space and has no real interest in AFL commented on how well put together this post is. Top marks as I mentioned before and I want them to put more stuff like this up.

I noticed in the comments Tony Cochrane congratulated the club and gc bulletien I’m not sure if it was a mistake tag or they helped with it?

What time is your Geelong game?

Flying in on the morning of the game is a bit rough. Especially to then have to bus to Geelong.

I thought chartered flight would be most likely direct to Avalon but I think like Coolangatta no flights are operating so maybe from Brisbane to Tullamarine makes a long trip

This is some of the best stuff our club has ever done

By far the greatest piece of social media the clubs done since the KT era.

I absolutely lost my s**t at the Round 4 clip, Which is exactly what I needed this week.

This is the standard now, If the club keeps at this level we'll be going places.

Shitpost content is the new in thing.

Fixture will be released for the next block after next weekends matches

Another strong performance could see the AFL gifting us an national FTA slot- fingers crossed!

Next block due to be released Thursday or Friday.

An NT hub is being discussed with the two Queensland teams and two Victorian clubs playing in the NT.

I’d love to see us finally get a Friday night game on the big stage, a Q clash could be quite enticing seeing as we are both playing so well.
That would be awesome however the WA Derby and SA Showdown have been trying for a Friday Night FTA Clash for ages and the AFL won't budge.. They will go off their head if we got a Friday Night Q-Clash!

That would be awesome however the WA Derby and SA Showdown have been trying for a Friday Night FTA Clash for ages and the AFL won't budge.. They will go off their head if we got a Friday Night Q-Clash!
They did a showdown on free to air in round 2. It could happen.
yes that was saturday night. But at least it will be that. Could be friday tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the Perth hub will become a reality!

Listening to the SEN Afternoons program, Russell was saying that when the fixture comes out, WA teams will be in Queensland for an extra week before going back to WA for a hub- Victorian sides will be made to travel to Perth for 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:
Looks like the Perth hub will become a reality!

Listening to the SEN Afternoons program, Russell was saying that when the fixture comes out, WA teams will be in Queensland for an extra week before going back to WA for a hub- Victorian sides will be made to travel to Perth for 3-4 weeks.

that sounds about right at least we dont have to go back there at least until next year.

Thursday, July 9

St Kilda v Geelong, Marvel Stadium (SEVEN), 7.40pm AEST

Friday, July 10

Collingwood v Brisbane, MCG (SEVEN), 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, July 11

Fremantle v Melbourne, Metricon Stadium (FOX), 1.05pm AEST

West Coast v Adelaide, Gabba (FOX), 3.35pm AEST

Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium (SEVEN), 7.40pm AEST

Hawthorn v Gold Coast, MCG (FOX), 7.40pm AEST

Sunday, July 12

Port Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney, Metricon Stadium (FOX), 1.05pm AEST

Carlton v Sydney, MCG (SEVEN), 3.35pm AEST

North Melbourne v Richmond, Marvel Stadium (FOX), 6.10pm AEST

Thursday, July 9

St Kilda v Geelong, Marvel Stadium (SEVEN), 7.40pm AEST

Friday, July 10

Collingwood v Brisbane, MCG (SEVEN), 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, July 11

Fremantle v Melbourne, Metricon Stadium (FOX), 1.05pm AEST

West Coast v Adelaide, Gabba (FOX), 3.35pm AEST

Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium (SEVEN), 7.40pm AEST

Hawthorn v Gold Coast, MCG (FOX), 7.40pm AEST

Sunday, July 12

Port Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney, Metricon Stadium (FOX), 1.05pm AEST

Carlton v Sydney, MCG (SEVEN), 3.35pm AEST

North Melbourne v Richmond, Marvel Stadium (FOX), 6.10pm AEST
Who you gotta blow to get a National FTA game? I have Kayo so unaffected but for sponsorship nationwide FTA is invaluable.

Who you gotta blow to get a National FTA game? I have Kayo so unaffected but for sponsorship nationwide FTA is invaluable.
Yeah it doesn't really make sense. They want teams to play exciting footy to get a FTA slot and that is exactly what we are doing! St Kilda has only won a single match and they get a Thursday night prime time FTA match... hopefully when the Round 7 matches get released tomorrow, they can put us on FTA..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back