The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
What are you folks thinking about the Suns 2020 fixture?

What would you like to see?

Do you know any announcements or rumours?

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
hopefully sat twilights most of the time.
away qclash ideally not a sunday twilight (as get back too late with young kids)
prob wont get any friday nights, home or away for 10th straight year
hopefully we will at least get a ch 7 game this year after going the whole season with only Fox Games.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
FIXTURE PREVIEW:

Round 1

Round 1 fixtures in our history

2019 v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium (1 Point loss) Fox Sunday Early
2018 v North Melbourne, Cazaly Stadium (16 Point loss) Fox Saturday Night
2017 v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium (2 Point loss) Fox Saturday Night
2016 v Essendon, Metricon Stadium (61 Point win) Fox Saturday Twilight
2015 v Melbourne, MCG (26 Point loss) Fox Saturday Arvo
2014 v Richmond, Metricon Stadium (18 Point win) Seven Saturday Night
2013 v St Kilda, Metricon Stadium (13 Point win) Seven Saturday Night
2012 v Adelaide, Metricon Stadium (69 Point loss) Fox Saturday Twilight
2011 NO ROUND 1 MATCH

What we know:
x2 matches vs Brisbane Lions
no matches in North Queensland
1 home match in Darwin vs (big Victorian club)

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
i know we're not getting one, but i'd love to see a friday night game for the first time in our history. something tells me they're not going to give one to the team that finished last.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
i know we're not getting one, but i'd love to see a friday night game for the first time in our history. something tells me they're not going to give one to the team that finished last.
Years of Carlton tells me that theory is wrong...
in saying that you’re right, it’s unlikely we will get one. I too would love a Thursday or Friday game. Some national free to air games.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Years of Carlton tells me that theory is wrong...
in saying that you’re right, it’s unlikely we will get one. I too would love a Thursday or Friday game. Some national free to air games.
At least two national free to air games would be amazing given the Vic bias of ch7. Over the past year we have had 1 FTA game with none in 2019.

I’m going to do some research for stats on our overall Nat free to air numbers plus Friday night stats for other teams etc

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
At least two national free to air games would be amazing given the Vic bias of ch7. Over the past year we have had 1 FTA game with none in 2019.

I’m going to do some research for stats on our overall Nat free to air numbers plus Friday night stats for other teams etc

While you’re researching can you see how many of those ch7 Games we lost because every game I remember watching on ch7 on a Saturday usually got pumped I think it’s a bad omen

didn't we win this game? it was the flooded game and we also won our 1st 2 games that year under new coach dew.

Yes I was there definitely won it

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Who else will be stinking up the bottom 4 with us at the end of the year
Think the competition looks pretty even - especially at the bottom end.

GWS, West Coast, Richmond front runners

Geelong, Bulldogs, Collingwood, Brisbane next tier

Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo, Melbourne, St Kilda, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Adelaide next tier

Gold Coast final tier

I don't think I could rank us even on par with any other team at the moment. Potential is there, but we're talking about Rankine, Rowell who haven't played a game. Injury free year from Ainsworth, Bowes who have been injury free. Ben King may start to get best defenders in only his second year.

Think we could certainly win against all of the teams the tier above us if we play well.
Probably less of a chance of pinching wins against the teams in the top 2 tiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Yeh the 110 starts are good
I personally hate that timeslot. I coach football and it’s really hard to watch and impossible to get to the 1:10pm Sunday games when we play Sundays for football.. sadly I couldn’t attend the Collingwood game and post match function this year cause there was no way I could get to it on time with footy

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I personally hate that timeslot. I coach football and it’s really hard to watch and impossible to get to the 1:10pm Sunday games when we play Sundays for football.. sadly I couldn’t attend the Collingwood game and post match function this year cause there was no way I could get to it on time with footy

I wasn’t being specific about the 110 time, I’d just like some more Sunday games. It’s a nice way to finish the weekend off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back