Prediction 2020 Fixture Released

Remove this Banner Ad

Not bad at all footy wise....Gives us a real chance to play finals if we are good enough!
Commercially it's pretty shizenhouzen as is the 10 sunday games!

Nice to see the annual tradition of Port Adel never coming to Melb to play us continue!
What is it now? Must be at least 40 years!

Anyone notice this little nugget in the Fixture Release article on our website?

Acting CEO Simon Lethlean said the fixture presented fans with a great opportunity to support the Saints in 2020.

What's happened with Finnis? Or just a mistake from the media department?

Err, he's probably just on holidays!

One game at the MCG.

Even West Coast get more.
Its not the One game at the G , its the 95 Fu ing Sunday 3.20 and 4.40 games that suck a fat one , God i hate those time slots . If it was 1.10 starts i will go every game but they can stick those 4.40 games where the sun dont shine

Its not the One game at the G , its the 95 Fu ing Sunday 3.20 and 4.40 games that suck a fat one , God i hate those time slots . If it was 1.10 starts i will go every game but they can stick those 4.40 games where the sun dont shine
I tihnk we only have four of the 4:40 timeslots though

Also I just want to point out the last time we played one game at the MCG it was also against Melbourne and in round 22.

We went 19-0 at the start of that year and finished on top of the ladder.

Not fixture related but i just had a call from the club about the end of year raffle and when my mobile rang it came up as potential fraud , Has that happened to anyone else ?

I had a call yesterday. She was very lovely to speak to and wasn’t pushy even a little bit. I declined to participate, I told her I’d just bought a membership for both teams and wasn’t too interested in the raffle and she understood completely, she noticed I don’t live near Melbourne and remarked that my membership is more like a donation. Before she hung up, she told me she’d take me off the list for the year when it comes to raffles, which was nice. I really hate when people try to sell me things, but if everyone acted like this woman on the phone - it would be much more pleasant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While 8 of our first 10 are in Melbourne we play all the top 4 sides from last year in that stretch plus West coast and have GWS and Geelong away. Looks good on paper but that could be 5 losses too.

We then travel a fu**load in the last half of the season. Think our fixture is actually pretty s**t to be honest... but you’ve gotta beat whoever gets put in front of you if we want to improve.

Yep, 10 winnable games and should jag a more difficult game or two. Half the winnable ones are going to be 50/50s with others improving as well. It's not as good as 2019.

I had a call yesterday. She was very lovely to speak to and wasn’t pushy even a little bit. I declined to participate, I told her I’d just bought a membership for both teams and wasn’t too interested in the raffle and she understood completely, she noticed I don’t live near Melbourne and remarked that my membership is more like a donation. Before she hung up, she told me she’d take me off the list for the year when it comes to raffles, which was nice. I really hate when people try to sell me things, but if everyone acted like this woman on the phone - it would be much more pleasant.
Oh yes the lady who called was wonderful to me as well , i told her they should look into why it came up as potential fraud though

Oh yes the lady who called was wonderful to me as well , i told her they should look into why it came up as potential fraud though
i think it's a mobile operating system thing - If a number is blocked, private or otherwise unknown to the caller, sometimes certain phones show it as "potential fraud" - sadly there are A LOT of unauthorised numbers going around out there and the people that are genuinely making outbound calls (such as myself) to clients often get people that are a bit reluctant to speak with them. Personally I don't care - I just tell them it's a courtesy call and if they don't trust me, they can ring the contact centre and wait on hold for fifteen minutes.

Ok so I know I’m the only one here that is obsessed about the fixture (this is like my Christmas Eve) so sorry for annoying you all (actually I’m not sorry - that’s who I am) but I gave it some thought and obviously we will double up with one of Geelong, Collingwood or Richmond because the other three teams from the top six (Brisbane, west coast, gws) already have match ups with teams in the bottom six. I think they will give the following double ups as a result:

Melbourne - Geelong - WRONG -Collingwood
Carlton - Collingwood - WRONG - Richmond
St Kilda - Richmond - WRONG - Geelong

that leaves us with double ups against four teams from 7-18, likely two and two. (right for once)

bulldogs (wrong) and hawthorn (wrong) and Sydney(wrong) and Freo (right) for mine.

Freo is a lock imo. I doubt they’d give us two games against port. (right again) The hawthorn game will be the tassie game. (wrong - no tassie game)

and I reckon we’ll play Brisbane in Brisbane coz we haven’t done that since 2015 I think. (also right)

lol look at everything I got wrong.

Wait a ******* well second.

we don’t have three six day breaks at all.

we only have TWO!!!!

Remember in some year (2006 I think) when we had eleven.
We have two six and one five.

five day break before round seven, six before round 16, six again before round 20.

Also re the Sunday games - we have six in a row to start the season then only four more.

Don’t mind Sunday matches personally. But that’s just me. 🤷‍♂️

Love this time of year...fixture comes out and we see which game we are going to.
This year it works out to be the Pride game in round 15
Sydney at home, good chance of a win, a packed Dome, stoked!

giphy (32).gif

Also had the raffle lady ring, same experience
She was great said the same thing to us about our memberships being pretty much a donation ...said that meant more to the club than anything

Great bloody draw. Fantastic.

Even the bully boy washed up bhack gang on SS.net couldn't complain about this draw.

Lots of games at Marvel.
Lol - good old SS.
I don’t miss it I tell you now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back