2020 Fixture reveal - Round 1 2020 the 1st ever Double Header!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
4 Saturday arvo games at Giants stadium, not good with local sport.

Seems they learned from this year with an early arvo instead of a night in Canberra towards the end of the season.

Some great games to look forward to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
No Sunday games in Sydney so no clash with junior AFL which is good.

No lunchtime/early afternoon games in Sydney which is also good - twilight is better for most Saturday junior sport. 5.10 against Sydney is a bit of a weird time slot though.

2 Friday night games which is good - but both off 6 day breaks and both involve travel - which is not so much.

4 doubles against top 8 teams (and the swans) - tough.

3 games at the G - better than other years.

No Tassie and only 1 each to Adelaide and Perth - again, better than some years.

Pretty reasonable draw I suppose (I’d like to have a closer look at some others before final judgement)

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
No Sunday games in Sydney so no clash with junior AFL which is good.

No lunchtime/early afternoon games in Sydney which is also good - twilight is better for most Saturday junior sport. 5.10 against Sydney is a bit of a weird time slot though.

2 Friday night games which is good - but both off 6 day breaks and both involve travel - which is not so much.

4 doubles against top 8 teams (and the swans) - tough.

3 games at the G - better than other years.

No Tassie and only 1 each to Adelaide and Perth - again, better than some years.

Pretty reasonable draw I suppose (I’d like to have a closer look at some others before final judgement)
We have some 4:35pms at Giants stadium.

Would they be effected by local sport?

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
How the hell does the Dogs only get double ups against 1 top 8 team (us)? Other doubles are Carlton, North, Port and Freo.

Richmond get 1 more game at the MCG (14) than they did last year (including 5 in a row mid season) - like they need it.

North get 5 Sunday 1.10 games (and 3 Saturday 1.45pm games) - sucks to be them.

dlanod

Sep 14, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS; CCMariners; NQCowboys; Ravens
How the hell does the Dogs only get double ups against 1 top 8 team (us)? Other doubles are Carlton, North, Port and Freo.
They get the draw of a middle six team so get zero to two top six teams, so the same as Essendon (two top 8 teams), Hawthorn (two), Port (two), Adelaide (two), North (no top six team, two top 8 teams). Dogs just happened to get lucky - at least one of them had to, and arguably North are luckier.

If we're concerned about draws, we should've lost in week 1 and then we could've had the Dogs' draw. I prefer the win personally. ;)

Top Bottom