Fixture 2020 Fixture - The rest of the H&A fixture has now been announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact is the other states in Qld and NSW along with the NT who are interested in hosting AFL games have been far more helpful - We are discussing the AFL which have some of the highest bio-security protocols in the land, not some random traveller who wants to travel interstate - I have no idea whether the health needs of the WA/SA population are different to other states BUT once you decide YOU cant or are unwilling to help at that time, then you will probably be at the back of the queue when it comes to the AFL GF - Even in the earliest days of the pandemic the AFL were unable to fly in and fly out to SA or WA, unlike Qld and NSW to play games - Finally, if you fail to see there are some politics at play then you are naive.
of course politics are at play. but WA and Qld are Labor - SA and NSW are Lib. Let's just see how the season pans out.

We’re actually pretty lucky with these fixtures. Other teams are travelling to 3 states in about 2 weeks but we get to stay in Queensland. Tough opponents but we will need to go at least 2-2 if we wanna make finals.

no travel is a nice little win, as is the break between games.
We might be able to keep a fairly consistent 22.

Maybe get some kids in for GCS & rest a few to get prep'd for StK.
Really need to take 3 of the next 5 to cement a decent spot.

No travel... we’ve made out like bandits here.
The only thing I would have preferred would have been playing Brisbane away at the Gabba instead of at Carrara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So our last 5 games will be Geelong, Hawthorne, Melbourne, Port and West Coast.

I'd say we go in favourites against Melbourne and Hawthorne. 10 wins guarantee finals, so we need to win 3 of the next 5 IMO

Looks like Round 13 will be the Dreamtime game against Richmond, but held in Darwin! The rumours were true!

(The articles about it don't say it's 'Round 13' but since it's 6 days after our Round 12 game it's kind of a given).

This year is also the 25th anniversary of the Discrimination and Racial and Religious Vilification Act.

Sounds like we're playing Melbourne Round 14 in Alice Springs. Do or die vibes intensifies.
We had to go 2-2 in this 3 week stretch to make finals in any case, so if we lose this game we're gone either way IMO.

So Melbourne Round 14 in Alice Springs.

Considering Hawthorn will hub in SA for the rest of the year, I think we'll play Hawthorn there in round 15.

Round 14-17 will be a condensed fixture again.

QLD will be the home of 15 teams including the two WA sides after the Sydney teams finish hubbing in WA. It means the two Adelaide teams, Hawthorn and another team will hub in SA. I think it'll be us as we haven't played Hawthorn and Port yet and we're out of QLD for two consecutive games.

So Melbourne Round 14 in Alice Springs.

Considering Hawthorn will hub in SA for the rest of the year, I think we'll play Hawthorn there in round 15.

Round 14-17 will be a condensed fixture again.

QLD will be the home of 15 teams including the two WA sides after the Sydney teams finish hubbing in WA. It means the two Adelaide teams, Hawthorn and another team will hub in SA. I think it'll be us as we haven't played Hawthorn and Port yet and we're out of QLD for two consecutive games.
If qld is home to 15 teams, that means only hawthorn will be in SA..?

So it looks like 18 rounds and the condensed 14-17 will have byes to Adelaide, Brisbane, Collingwood, Geelong, Gold Coast, North, Port, Richmond, St. Kilda and the dogs in it

I was talking to someone from NT yesterday about this. This is huge for the many Bombers fans up there. They will come from everywhere for this game.

I was hoping that they'd experiment with a "all at the same time" fixture for the last round. Probably unfeasible with the lack grounds

Melbourne is hosting St Kilda in Alice, not Essendon, unless you're expecting us to play them there the week after?

The AFL has also revealed it will play year's 'Heart of the Nation' game at TIO Traeger Park in Alice Springs on Saturday, August 29. The round 14 clash between Melbourne and St Kilda will kick off at 7.10pm local time (7.40pm ACST).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back