Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond round 2 at the Gabba please. Really want to finally beat them Nd they have a shocking record after they play Carlton in round 1

We have Pies in Round 1 at the Gabba.

Richmond at the Gabba Round 2 is a pipe dream I fear

I just can't see the AFL giving us two home blockbusters in a row to start the season.

Gold Coast down the highway or a SA/WA away assignment more likely for Round 2

We have Pies in Round 1 at the Gabba.

Richmond at the Gabba Round 2 is a pipe dream I fear

I just can't see the AFL giving us two home blockbusters in a row to start the season.

Gold Coast down the highway or a SA/WA away assignment more likely for Round 2
I suspect you mean Pies in Round 3, assuming the season starts around the same time next year (last weekend in March).

Reasonable chance we'll be playing away in Round 2, it'd be nice if we somehow snagged the Friday night to maximise our break heading into Easter Thursday. Wishful thinking.

As long as the Pies don't get the extra day again I'll be happy.

I suspect you mean Pies in Round 3, assuming the season starts around the same time next year (last weekend in March).

Reasonable chance we'll be playing away in Round 2, it'd be nice if we somehow snagged the Friday night to maximise our break heading into Easter Thursday. Wishful thinking.

Oops!

My bad.

In my head I had Easter Thursday being part of Round 1. It's Round 3 of course

Pies will be round 4 as Easter Thursday is April 9th next year.

We are due to be away round 1 and home in round 23

We obviously will get the Suns twice. We have played St Kilda in Melbourne the last 3 years so they are due North. Would like us to get Fremantle at home. At our best I think we should win all those four matches.

If we are playing Collingwood at the Gabba then I would expect we play them twice. I reckon we will get the Tigers up at the Gabba as well.

We obviously will get the Suns twice. We have played St Kilda in Melbourne the last 3 years so they are due North. Would like us to get Fremantle at home. At our best I think we should win all those four matches.

If we are playing Collingwood at the Gabba then I would expect we play them twice. I reckon we will get the Tigers up at the Gabba as well.

Wouldn't mind travelling away for Round 1 if it means we get Richmond at home in Round 2. Would dearly love to beat them.

We will get Giants twice. Geelong, West Coast and/or Collingwood are my other picks. For the middle 6 it will depend if the AFL want to send us to Tasmania or Ballarat, so it’s between North, Wb and Hawthorn. Suns twice is locked in.

I’m with the Melbourne fans - we should play all Vic teams in Melbourne with the majority of the games at the MCG.

Make Richmond and GWS play Tassie and Ballarat. Send them to China, Townsville and alice/Darwin. Play them against each other away - Best two teams should draw a great crowd of curious people to see what the fuss is about.

In fact, make all top six teams play a set number of away games where away isn’t sleeping at home the night before and travelling an extra 100m (whatever) to the game.

Suns game at GC should count toward our away total. Same for SA, NSW and WA teams.

There’s a big step toward equalisation right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we do play in Canberra hopefully it's early in the year before it gets too cold.

It is a bit strange that we've never played there, and Gold Coast have played there three times.

I hope we get double ups against Richmond and Collingwood. Those are the marquee games we need to build up some resilience for the big occasions. Playing GWS in Canberra does nothing for that.

Might end up 2 games against the Tigers
I agree prob be pies and GWS doubles
And prob power, dogs and hawks mid range. tassie and rat games
Suns from bottom six

It is a bit strange that we've never played there, and Gold Coast have played there three times.

We've only played GWS home and away in a season once, and Gold Coast have done it five times.

For the season to finish on the last Saturday in September with 23 rounds and a pre finals bye season would start Thursday March 19th

I think the grand final eve public holiday is scheduled for Friday October 2 next year in Melbourne, suggesting the grand final will be October 3 rather than September 26.

Cannot see tigers playing at Gabba do not think they play away from MCG he he
Be fair if we played them once in 2020 it be our home game. Although fixture always fixed 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back