Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Really it’s a small minority of Melbourne based Lions supporters carrying on.If you don’t support what the club is doing barrack for the other Melbourne based teams.You can watch all the games you like.
Is that what you said too when a lot of Lions fans disagreed and ‘carried on’ when the club changed to the Paddlepop jumper? Should they’ve all changed team too?

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is that what you said too when a lot of Lions fans disagreed and ‘carried on’ when the club changed to the Paddlepop jumper? Should they’ve all changed team too Doesn’t bother me because I’m supporting the team,players and to get the end result of winning a flag.I have lived all over Australia still supporting my team.Drove 400 kms to see my team play a nab pre season game.The only game I got to that year.Your whinging,bitching me,me,me approach is disgusting.About as much footy knowledge as your Cutler scenario this year.Go and follow him at the Bombers.You can see him for 15 games this year

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Is that what you said too when a lot of Lions fans disagreed and ‘carried on’ when the club changed to the Paddlepop jumper? Should they’ve all changed team too?

The Paddlepop jumper was something that the club introduced.

The decision to abandon it and revert to the much loved traditional strip was due entirely to pressure from the members and supporters of the club.

A situation where there was a clear disconnect between the actions of the club and the wishes of its members and which the club had the power to redress.

A completely different scenario to this fixturing issue, something which the club clearly has no power over.

Your analogy is invalid.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
No it’s not, it can apply to anything. That nobody said ‘if you don’t support what the club is doing barrack for another team’, which basically infers that if you ever disagree with anything associated to the club then you should piss off.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
No it’s not, it can apply to anything. That nobody said ‘if you don’t support what the club is doing barrack for another team’, which basically infers that if you ever disagree with anything associated to the club then you should piss off.
Disagreeing with the club is one thing, think what you like, but a couple of hundred posts in a couple of days all bagging the Club, saying basically same thing, claiming you are smarter than the rest of us, name calling, plus to try and paint that statement as "if you ever disagree with anything the club does then support another club" is ridiculous.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Disagreeing with the club is one thing, think what you like, but a couple of hundred posts in a couple of days all bagging the Club, saying basically same thing, claiming you are smarter than the rest of us, name calling, plus to try and paint that statement as "if you ever disagree with anything the club does then support another club" is ridiculous.
I’m not smarter than anyone; in fact I’d have to be one of the dumbest round these parts.

As for the last part of your post, you are the one that said it.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I’m not smarter than anyone; in fact I’d have to be one of the dumbest round these parts.
In another post yesterday you said you were the only one here who didn't have their head in the sand and blindly support everything the club does. Looked to me like an effort to raise yourself above the rest of us plebs.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
In another post yesterday you said you were the only one here who didn't have their head in the sand and blindly support everything the club does. Looked to me like an effort to raise yourself above the rest of us plebs.
Please show me a post where I said anything like that.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Please show me a post where I said anything like that.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Shame our great fixture has been shadowed by the complaints of the vocal minority yet again.

The atmosphere for the Pies game this year was unreal, right up until we s**t the bed of course. That and the Geelong game are going to be belters, along with Friday night footy at the Gabbatoir once more. Can’t wait.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Right up near the top as far as atmosphere at a game for me was the Qualifying Final v the Tigers at the Gabba this year, it was spine tingling stuff particularly the 15 minute lead up to the game from when we ran out. I was on the wing in the southern stand and the ovation that Chris Fagan got when he walked to the bench just before bounce down was amazing and heartfelt.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Right up near the top as far as atmosphere at a game for me was the Qualifying Final v the Tigers at the Gabba this year, it was spine tingling stuff particularly the 15 minute lead up to the game from when we ran out. I was on the wing in the southern stand and the ovation that Chris Fagan got when he walked to the bench just before bounce down was amazing and heartfelt.

How good was it when Charlie got that first goal and the crowd erupted? It was like ten years of pent up frustration at the clubs irrelevance being let out. This year will be even better

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
I was seated near where the usual general admission section is and the PA wasn’t working, somehow made the atmosphere even better, especially when the fans around me decided to sing the song themselves since the speakers weren’t working.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was seated near where the usual general admission section is and the PA wasn’t working, somehow made the atmosphere even better, especially when the fans around me decided to sing the song themselves since the speakers weren’t working.

My only gripe with the way the cats game and finals games were run was the club went too heavy on the pa system. I would have paid good money to have it break in my section

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Shame our great fixture has been shadowed by the complaints of the vocal minority yet again.

The atmosphere for the Pies game this year was unreal, right up until we s**t the bed of course. That and the Geelong game are going to be belters, along with Friday night footy at the Gabbatoir once more. Can’t wait.
What the Melbourne fans where half the club comes from. How dare we.

I'm sure the atmosphere at the Gabba where few Melbourne fans will ever experience makes up for it though.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
How am I raising myself above anyone in the post?

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
AFL have really dropped the ball with this 2020 fixture release. Can't believe they have had the big 2020 fixture launch & neglected to have the ladder predictor up & running for it. Pffftt, amateurs.

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rd1: hawks mcg: Birchall v hawks for the 1st time. Hodge and Fagan leading our boys against our bunnies in recent times at a place we need to acquaint ourselves with. Delicious.
Rd 2: North home: hehe Norf catch ya later
Rd 3: Crows adelaide: no Betts no Jenkins our back 6 no worries
Rd 4: pies home. No Aish no pies. Lions to put the result from last year on the blackboard over the entire preseason instilling rage and single-minded hate
Rd 5: bulldogs marvel: 50/50 which lions prevail on the back of Zorko 4 goals in hallmark season
Rd 6: swans home: buddy eerily watches his own highlight reel as Eric hipwood comes of age and rips swans a new one
Rd 7: geelong cattery: cats are past it. Get the a2 milk in the dangerwood saucers ready
Rd 8: Richmond home: gabba fans to bring the boys across the line to end the remaining hoodoo in an epic Friday night that our grandchildren will tell their grandchildren about

Last edited:
Back