Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Gabba 11 membership $195 ($17.72/game)
Traditional Vic (5 games) $163 ($32.60/game)

Like to see the club justify that difference

It's been documented before.

Gabba seats are effectively free. It's why they can throw in five Gabba games for nothing for the Victorian membership.

The Lions have to pay face value or close to to the host team for Victorian games.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Gabba seats are effectively free. It's why they can throw in five Gabba games for nothing for the Victorian membership.
I've been to the Gabba many many times & I don't recall myself or anyone ever being let in for free!

I've been to the Gabba many many times & I don't recall myself or anyone ever being let in for free!
Free for the club, not for you. They pay a certain amount for the venue and each ticket sold has a very low marginal cost.

I bet there's always someone who's come to a game for free. You might not have been the recipient of free tickets but there's promos like https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/385741 or https://www.lionsatspringwood.com.au/kingdom-rewards/ or some of the junior comps or guest tickets or etc.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
We have been in section 73-74 for 15+ years, for both finals this year we got seats on the Southern wing section 69 and loved it there so we are going to try and shift in 2020 to one of sections 66, 67 or 68 anywhere within a few rows of NN would be fantastic.

Can not wait for all 11 games although particularly excited by the Pies Easter Thursday, v the Tigers in a blockbuster Friday night game, v Hawks on a Thursday night, v Cats Saturday night and the Friday night game v the Demons in round 14 will be great if the Demons have a good season.

We have been in section 73-74 for 15+ years, for both finals this year we got seats on the Southern wing section 69 and loved it there so we are going to try and shift in 2020 to one of sections 66, 67 or 68 anywhere within a few rows of NN would be fantastic.

Can not wait for all 11 games although particularly excited by the Pies Easter Thursday, v the Tigers in a blockbuster Friday night game, v Hawks on a Thursday night, v Cats Saturday night and the Friday night game v the Demons in round 14 will be great if the Demons have a good season.
Just looked them seats up Jas.
Because we sat there for the GWS game and they were fantastic seats.
They are $490 For an adult and $385 for a concession for the season membership.
So I might stick to 72.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Just looked them seats up Jas.
Because we sat there for the GWS game and they were fantastic seats.
They are $490 For an adult and $385 for a concession for the season membership.
So I might stick to 72.
Yer, I knew they would be more expensive going from prime to premium, I can afford the indulgence fortunately.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

I’ve put in a request for section 67, AA, after sitting in 67 for the GWS game.

I noticed my invoice has added an extra $40 to the Premium price. I assume it is the Sep upgrade i added late in 2019 like a lot of us. The thing is i can't seem to alter it to the normal amount. Any one else noticed this added amount
It is an automatic add on when you have purchased it the year before.
Same with the members shirts, if you get it one year and then don’t want it the next you will have to call the Club for that. That was the only way I could get out of buying the shirt.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Membership has been unveiled, but no information on who we can have on our card this year. Anyone know the card options?

Praying for McCluggage

I believe it's Charlie, zorks, lach, clugga, richy, fages, and one of the girls though for the life of me I can't remember who - unfortunately not as famiar with the aflw team

Edit:argh beaten to the punch!

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It is an automatic add on when you have purchased it the year before.
Same with the members shirts, if you get it one year and then don’t want it the next you will have to call the Club for that. That was the only way I could get out of buying the shirt.
Correct but you could always go into account and change it. But so far i am unable to do this change

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
😒 had the dream of a season membership quashed by the wife, as we’ll be travelling during the season, and it makes more sense to the wife for me to buy tickets just to games I’ll attend.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Thought it had already been mentioned the Swans have a 10k vic membership.
Still doesn't make martinson's point any less valid.

I don't think I've ever seen the club publish or announce how many Victorian memberships its sold in the club's 24 year history. Perhaps not for every year, but I reckon there might be a pretty interesting reason why too.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I don't think I've ever seen the club publish or announce how many Victorian memberships its sold in the club's 24 year history. Perhaps not for every year, but I reckon there might be a pretty interesting reason why too.
Likewise I know many people in Vic. who follow the Lions passionately and don't buy a membership because they aren't sure which games they can turn up to at the start of the year , certainly not going to bother for 4 games ,just turn up at the gate. Look at how many turned up for the last game against Richmond

What people downplay significantly is the cultural attachment that many families have to the Lions , that is passed down through generations , to kids and others . The club will missfire seriously if it doesn't protect that base .

I know the 4 games thing is probably not the club's fault but we these issues need to be dealt with with a lot more sensitivity than displayed so far.

If we finish top 8 again this coming season and we look set for a couple of years of finals then I'm sure the right amount of games in Melbourne will follow in the coming seasons and other teams will cop the crappy Melbourne fixture that we have. We need more MCG games.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

Wasn’t the point I was going for Dylan12, not that I was actually making a point. We’re not the only interstate club with a strong Melbourne following.

Back